News Another Fight at Magic Kingdom

Stevek

Okay, I'm confused.

Pushed Lady's family was ahead of them in line, right? Otherwise there's no reason to block her? But the Matching Outfits Family was waiting for them when they got off? Did they ditch the line just to confront them?
It's very possible that given the size of the theater in Philharmagic that both families were inside the same theater, matching family may have exited first. This is all according to one of the non-matching clothes family members.

MissingDisney

Rivera for 2 weeks. Too rich for my blood.
That might’ve been one room reservation with all 17 people staying in the same room or using it as a home base for everyone to meet up. Gets a lot cheaper when 10 or 15 people are splitting the bill.
We were next-door to a similar situation a couple trips back. Fortunately, we were moved to another location.

Stevek

I‘d love to know what goes through peoples minds to think it’s ok to act like this, is it a simple lack of common courtesy, lack of morals, an overinflated sense of self worth? Or is it as simple as odds, when 20 million people visit one place in a year you’re bound to have idiots who don’t know how to act in public eventually run into each other.
For some people, this is just the way they've been taught as they've grown up. For them, this is likely how they carry on everywhere. It's ultimately just a lack of basic common sense

WorldExplorer

That's the best part. It was Philharmagic so they all were going to get in anyways!
Oh my god! I feel bad for the kid who is having their day ruined, but that's hilarious.
It’s my understanding the person who went to retrieve her phone was 14 yo. If so, makes blocking her even worse. She’s a kid.
I hope I didn't give the impression I was approving blocking the person; they shouldn't have done it anyway, I was just trying to figure out how the timeline happened. Blocking a 14 year old definitely makes it worse, though.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I'm not going to defend anyone fighting. Yes it happens more frequently than we know and honestly I'm surprised there isn't more instances shared.

I will say that Disney isn't doing people favors in regards to looking for a relaxing vacation anymore. Is that part of what is causing these fights? maybe not, but it isn't helping people stay calm either...it's one more stress point on top of many others
I don't defend this behavior either, and I get your point. Idk, maybe the parks being too crowded at times, the hot and humid weather, people being tired/frustrated wanting to make the most out of their pricey WDW vacation, etc., doesn't help the situation if someone is already prone to bad behavior and/or violence.

Thankfully, this is not the norm with most visitors, let's hope it stays that way.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I don't defend this behavior either, and I get your point. Idk, maybe the parks being too crowded at times, the hot and humid weather, people being tired/frustrated wanting to make the most out of their pricey WDW vacation, etc., doesn't help the situation if someone is already prone to bad behavior and/or violence.

Thankfully, this is not the norm with most visitors, let's hope it stays that way.
There have always been and will always be hotheads in society. There’s an even smaller statistic that will actually lash out violently. Clearly, these families are, and frankly, some people are just sad, rude folks who are always miserable.

It’s not because of violent video games, it’s not because of alcohol, it’s not because of the heat, and it’s not because of society collapsing. There can absolutely be aggravating factors, but violence is never justified unless it’s for self-defense which even then there’s a fine line between self-preservation and continued aggressor.

I don’t care what anyone has been through, it’s absolutely never okay to assault anyone, so it’s unsurprising that there were permanent bans and arrests. They absolutely deserve it. All members involved who did not try to back away are equals.

I’m just thankful the parks have gotten stricter with security. Would not like to see this with guns/knives.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

There have always been and will always be hotheads in society. There’s an even smaller statistic that will actually lash out violently. Clearly, these families are, and frankly, some people are just sad, rude folks who are always miserable.

It’s not because of violent video games, it’s not because of alcohol, it’s not because of the heat, and it’s not because of society collapsing. There can absolutely be aggravating factors, but violence is never justified unless it’s for self-defense which even then there’s a fine-line between self-preservation and continued aggressor.

I don’t care what anyone has been through, it’s absolutely never okay to touch anyone, so it’s unsurprising that there were permanent bans and arrests. They absolutely deserve it. All members involved who did not try to back away are equals.
I’m just thankful the parks have gotten stricter with security. Would not like to see this with guns/knives.
What Disney doesn’t tell you is that in a period of time, I DON’T know the amount, the lifetime trespassed can appeal to Disney to have it lifted and in most cases, it is.

Dr. Nigel Channing

it's one more stress point on top of many others
I think you said the magic word. Stress. This isn't a Disney issue. Just look at what happened at Knott's Berry Farm over the weekend.
This isn't a theme park issue. Fights have been erupting at restaurants, shopping areas, many places. The world is under a lot of pressure right now, and some people are reaching the boiling point. This does not excuse bad behavior though.

5thGenTexan

Omg. What happen to common decency?! I've had to get out of line to take my kid to the bathroom and had to get back in line to where my husband and other kid was. What's the big deal if you get out of line and get back in?

My kid decided he needed to the bathroom in the middle of the Roger Rabbit queue at DLR. I had to push through that line to just get out. We found a place to go and then just waited on my wife and daughter. No way I was going to try to find them again in the middle of that line.

Dr. Nigel Channing

My kid decided he needed to the bathroom in the middle of the Roger Rabbit queue at DLR. I had to push through that line to just get out. We found a place to go and then just waited on my wife and daughter. No way I was going to try to find them again in the middle of that line.
Exiting and re-entering queues for bathroom emergencies, especially with little ones involved, should be excused. Going back to retrieve a phone which could easily be stolen and re-entering the line is also excusable. Big difference between those instances and someone rudely holding a place for other family members to push in later. Two different ballparks, imo.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Nope. They can ask you to 'come with us' etc but they cannot put their hands on anyone or force anyone to stay in an office or elsewhere. If they bring you somewhere, you are free to leave at any time.
Wrong - in many states, including Florida there is a pretense referred to as "Shopkeeper Privilege" where they have the right to retrieve the property stolen and detain you until law enforcement arrives. This is codified in FL under 812.15 - https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2018/0812.015

"(3)(a) A law enforcement officer, a merchant, a farmer, or a transit agency’s employee or agent, who has probable cause to believe that a retail theft, farm theft, a transit fare evasion, or trespass, or unlawful use or attempted use of any antishoplifting or inventory control device countermeasure, has been committed by a person and, in the case of retail or farm theft, that the property can be recovered by taking the offender into custody may, for the purpose of attempting to effect such recovery or for prosecution, take the offender into custody and detain the offender in a reasonable manner for a reasonable length of time. In the case of a farmer, taking into custody shall be effectuated only on property owned or leased by the farmer. In the event the merchant, merchant’s employee, farmer, or a transit agency’s employee or agent takes the person into custody, a law enforcement officer shall be called to the scene immediately after the person has been taken into custody."

It's not just a 'suggestion' that you can walk away from - they have standing to detail you.

dreday3

When we were at Disney in October, we did see security around the parks.

I specifically remember talking to what looked like a cop, he was standing outside the Land Pavilion.
And then at DHS we saw a few cops (?) Near the entrance.

Do some parks have and some don't?

flynnibus

Premium Member
When we were at Disney in October, we did see security around the parks.

I specifically remember talking to what looked like a cop, he was standing outside the Land Pavilion.
And then at DHS we saw a few cops (?) Near the entrance.

Do some parks have and some don't?
There are police stationed around - they just normally aren't visible INSIDE the parks. They are backstage.. but can be a lot more visible out in the entrance areas, etc.

Disney security on the other hand, you can expect to be seen in and out of the parks.

I don't know if the sherriff has fixed presence at all 4 parks - I think they do in some.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom