News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

MickeyMouse10

Saying that "Pirates", "It's A Small World" and anything else with a boat is the same thing is ridiculous. The atmosphere and music make them vastly different.

If you were to say "Fast and the Furious" and "King Kong" I think that would be a different story. Because the vehicles are just alike and it just uses screens for most of it.

VaderTron

The point was not to derail this thread. All I was saying is I would like to see some originality in the Mary Poppins ride, something that has been woefully lacking in many rides lately and nearly all non-E-tickets.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Saying that "Pirates", "It's A Small World" and anything else with a boat is the same thing is ridiculous. The atmosphere and music make them vastly different.

If you were to say "Fast and the Furious" and "King Kong" I think that would be a different story. Because the vehicles are just alike and it just uses screens for most of it.
Both pairs of examples use the same ride system.

Both pairs of examples are vastly different experiences due to music and atmosphere. And visuals.

Jones14

Attractions of smaller scope are also normally accompanied by a much smaller budget than their E-ticket counterparts.

With that in mind, a flashy new ride system will likely suck up a larger percentage of a C-ticket’s budget than it would an E-ticket’s, and could result in substantial cuts to the guest experience to make that budget work. Re-using an existing ride system could allow more room in the budget for a nicer queue, or an extra scene, more animatronics, etc.

MickeyMouse10

Yes, that's my point.

I'm replying to someone who thinks just because rides have the same ride system, they're the same thing

Yep, I know. I'm agreeing with you my man.

Just because Harry Potter and Catcher in the Rye are both books with words doesn't mean they are the same.
Just because a Ford Pinto has seats doesn't mean it's a Ferrari.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I can't tell if you are joking. Lots of queues in theme parks are problematic, to one degree or another, for those with mobility issues, an issue which is handled with alternative routing to the load area, and not by denying boarding.
I highly doubt in 2019 that they would use a narrow path up and down a tree for a queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom