News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Sir_Cliff

Or if you change cable service providers. If you "buy" the movie with company A what happens when you change to company B? No thanks, Ill purchase the DVD to have in my possession. Marie
On a similar issue, my Apple devices during an update a few years ago wiped all the music I had manually uploaded from from CDs over the years and just left me with the stuff I had bought through Apple Music. The most annoying part is that I had moved across the world to the Netherlands from Australia, leaving all my CDs sitting quietly in storage on the other side of the planet. There is stuff such as the lovely Musical History of Disneyland box-set that I couldn't buy once again from Apple even if I wanted to.

So, yes, I also don't trust any of these providers to keep anything we have stored digitally available and do still buy blu-rays.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImperfectPixie

On a similar issue, my Apple devices during an update a few years ago wiped all the music I had manually uploaded from from CDs over the years and just left me with the stuff I had bought through Apple Music. The most annoying part is that I had moved across the world to the Netherlands from Australia, leaving all my CDs sitting quietly in storage on the other side of the planet. There is stuff such as the lovely Musical History of Disneyland box-set that I couldn't buy once again from Apple even if I wanted to. Bastards!

So, yes, I also don't trust any of these providers to keep anything we have stored digitally available and do still buy blu-rays.
I pay $25 for my library to be stored on the cloud - even including music I uploaded from CDs and music downloaded from sharing sites prior to the illegalization.

For if/when you get those CDs back and choose to re-upload them.

ImperfectPixie

On a similar issue, my Apple devices during an update a few years ago wiped all the music I had manually uploaded from from CDs over the years and just left me with the stuff I had bought through Apple Music. The most annoying part is that I had moved across the world to the Netherlands from Australia, leaving all my CDs sitting quietly in storage on the other side of the planet. There is stuff such as the lovely Musical History of Disneyland box-set that I couldn't buy once again from Apple even if I wanted to. Bastards!

I should also add that I have an extra hard drive with a backup of everything on it...just in case. I plug in the drive and update the backup maybe two or three times a year.

Surferboy567

...since this is confirmed I just remembered something. A while back the interviews for Mary poppins returns were happening and one of the production designers let it slip that he also designed “the ride”. I vaguely remember it being an oscars video. Wonder if we can dig up that interview and watch it, possibly gleam anything from it.

WDW Pro

Thanks for having this at the top of my alerts after having had to unexpectedly be off of the site for several days in a row. You're a gem.

Here is the photo of the footprint based on the designs I have seen. Note the northwest section is not something that I understand as far as the interior (could be restrooms, could be shops, could be meet and greet). The southern section is the show building. Given the concept art at D23, if they did end up going with the double-decker carousel concept, it may be fully enclosed now... hard for me to see how the concept art jives with it being partially open.

Mike S

Here is the photo of the footprint based on the designs I have seen. Note the northwest section is not something that I understand as far as the interior (could be restrooms, could be shops, could be meet and greet). The southern section is the show building. Given the concept art at D23, if they did end up going with the double-decker carousel concept, it may be fully enclosed now... hard for me to see how the concept art jives with it being partially open.

Still keeping a tiny shred of hope it’s an actual ride.

michmousefan

Last Sunday in the Parks Pavilion at D23, I asked one of the Epcot imagineers where they were going to put the show building... and he said that several of the staff only learned about the confirmation of the MP attraction just a few days prior; that the negotiations with the Travers estate had dragged on for a long time. I'm sure WDI must have had some fairly detailed concept of what they were planning to get the Travers folks to sign on to it, but at least this guy wasn't saying that much as to the nature of the attraction, whether a dark ride, spinner or Anglo-Saxon Tales with Mary.

WDW Pro

Not much room there, is it? And I have zero belief that today’s WDI would know how to cram a super small dark ride like Toad or Alice into space like that.

Just accept it, they would have said ride if it was a ride. It’s just enchanted tales with Mary. The end.

Just under 20k square feet, so sufficient space for a small ride, especially if vertical space is used.

Timothy_Q

Not much room there, is it?
Again, room isn't the problem.
Their willingness to use it, on the other hand..

With a very simple adjustment of the backstage road, they can fit something in the scale of Pooh's Hunny Hunt from TDR
(which was also custom built in a weirdly-shaped long plot of land)

00.jpg

Last edited:

hauntology

...since this is confirmed I just remembered something. A while back the interviews for Mary poppins returns were happening and one of the production designers let it slip that he also designed “the ride”. I vaguely remember it being an oscars video. Wonder if we can dig up that interview and watch it, possibly gleam anything from it.

were they all seated? or was it on the red carpet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom