News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Matt_Black

Don't forget the rumored CoCo makeover at the Mexico pavillion.

Coco?!?

tenor.gif

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

(Yes, I know we're talking about the film Coco; let me have my fun!)

DisneyFan18

Could someone explain me whether or not a Dark Ride has been ruled out by our insiders? I'm not even sure of what is ruled out and what not?

Princess Leia

Could someone explain me whether or not a Dark Ride has been ruled out by our insiders? I'm not even sure of what is ruled out and what not?
Martin has dropped these nuggets:

A small dark ride was one of the proposals (without affecting Showplace which is receiving some investment)

Now it's looking less likely.
Currently it is a new ride.
New to the park and I believe to parks. I doubt it'll be a new concept or unseen ride system.

Regarding the size of the attraction:
So they fancy Frozen an E-ticket complemented by the C boat ride next door. The version I hear would similarly bring an E to France and something more modest next door while you wait for you Rat FP. I'm all for more balance in WS. I'm aware of an IP concept and a non-IP. Can't share further as it is still early. It could be announced with or after Rat but open before.

All those people arriving at the soon-to-be enlarged International Gateway entrance by boat, gondola, or foot won't have to walk half a mile to find a ride. Phew.
We also know that it's not a spinner (no Merry-Go-Round or Ferris Wheel), and it will fall somewhere in the B-C ticket range (even though that's not a great way to look at modern attractions). It is going to be based on a British IP that isn't Toad or Poppins.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Martin has dropped these nuggets:

Regarding the size of the attraction:

We also know that it's not a spinner (no Merry-Go-Round or Ferris Wheel), and it will fall somewhere in the B-C ticket range (even though that's not a great way to look at modern attractions). It is going to be based on a British IP that isn't Toad or Poppins.
BFG had a British accent, didn't he?

dennis-in-ct

If they do CTL it would be amazing if it was on the scale of Diagon Alley.

What is CTL ?

I will guess the new attraction will be an Alice In Wonderland maze ala Disneyland Paris or Shanghi Or perhaps the Alice attraction plans created for Tokyo Disneyland (and now dropped) will reused for the UK pavilion.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Spitball theory but I wonder if Mini Golf was considered. Not sure on hourly capacity but it would definitely work at bringing the family demo to Epcot as well as keeping guests in World Showcase; an assumed mandate from corporate so that Mom and Dad will purchase a drink or two and some Country giftshop merch for the kiddos. The more I think on the more I actually WANT an indoor multi-level Blacklight mini golf themed to Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm ready for some kind of hint about the IP. I still can't believe nothing has come out about it!

You can't get a hint of what it will be when Disney hasn't decided yet.

Insiders could hint more of what's being considered, but laying those out is a losing game. People will become attached to various options and when the one they want doesn't happen, they'll complain bitterly for years to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom