News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I totally understand the want for Martin to reveal everything, and we (I) analyze his every post... but he's clearly stated that he's revealed what he can, and I have no doubt that he'll share what he can when the time is right. Let's not pressure the man and respect that he has boundaries.

@marni1971 I apologize - I didn't think the question was out of bounds I was just curious. I know you reveal what you can when you can and didn't mean to be distrespectful in any way.

Magenta Panther

Poppins please. Astounded no Poppins ride existed yet in any park. Not counting the AA in GMR.

Been saying the same thing for a long time. Poppins was Walt's crown jewel, won tons of awards, and was a worldwide box-office smash. Yet it has virtually no representation in any park. Meanwhile, Iger's projects get their own lands. Ridiculous.

Kman101

They could update and repurpose the Bert and Mary animatronics in a Poppins ride :)

I know this isn't the GMR replacement thread but I'm really disappointed we're losing the Oz scenes probably the most. What a great animatronic the Wicked Witch is. Such a shame to lose that ride :(

But I'd love a Poppins ride. Really wish we had one or were getting one.

tirian

They could update and repurpose the Bert and Mary animatronics in a Poppins ride :)

I know this isn't the GMR replacement thread but I'm really disappointed we're losing the Oz scenes probably the most. What a great animatronic the Wicked Witch is. Such a shame to lose that ride :(

But I'd love a Poppins ride. Really wish we had one or were getting one.
The Travers estate holds the rights with an iron grip, to the extent that I'm surprised they're allowing Disney to make a sequel. I guess they need the money, which is a similar reason Travers allowed Disney to make the original film.

About once a decade, the two parties renegotiate the terms of allowing Poppins M&Gs and merchandise.

castlecake2.0

I can't remember if this was discussed already. Would they use the back half of the pavilion to build whatever they're thinking of? Or would it all be backstage areas being used? I've been backstage there quite a bit and it would have to be an awkward shaped building depending where it's going but there is quite a bit of room
Back there

Kman101

The Travers estate holds the rights with an iron grip, to the extent that I'm surprised they're allowing Disney to make a sequel. I guess they need the money, which is a similar reason Travers allowed Disney to make the original film.

About once a decade, the two parties renegotiate the terms of allowing Poppins M&Gs and merchandise.

Thank you for all that info :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom