News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Bocabear

THAT is why I have always felt they should build an all new Peter Pan... larger, Longer and double tracked like the old Mr Toad was...Parts sharing the same show rooms, two similar slightly different experiences... Built where the circus tents are... Add a complete Neverland themed area with another attraction or two...it would be amazing and free up the Peter Pan spot for something else....Pinocchio? Tangled?

Brer Panther

The only saving grace is that Disney doesn't seem interested in building charming pretzel style darkrides for IPs anymore. They need to be E-ticket scaled with C-ticket writing. Frozen Ever After, Tiana, Tangled, Neverland Scoop Ride, Ariel, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway; with their level of writing, these would have all worked out better as charming little Fantasyland style rides.
Yep. If they DID replace Mr. Toad or Pinocchio, it'd probably be with a trackless dark ride.

J4546

THAT is why I have always felt they should build an all new Peter Pan... larger, Longer and double tracked like the old Mr Toad was...Parts sharing the same show rooms, two similar slightly different experiences... Built where the circus tents are... Add a complete Neverland themed area with another attraction or two...it would be amazing and free up the Peter Pan spot for something else....Pinocchio? Tangled?
id rather they relocate/rebuild IaSW to circus area and give is a mary blaire aesthetic in that area and redo the fantasyland area to a tangled boat ride with tangeled themed food and much better aesthetic

Homemade Imagineering

id rather they relocate/rebuild IaSW to circus area and give is a mary blaire aesthetic in that area and redo the fantasyland area to a tangled boat ride with tangeled themed food and much better aesthetic
I’m not sure I trust this current regime to touch IASW that heavily. If anything, since everyone keeps dogpiling MK IASW (which I can understand) why don’t they just enclose the queue space & add some unique, 24/7 projection mapping to the facade? Make use of the fact its indoors & create a permanent lighting package unique to their version, almost how Disneyland uses their facade for all the firework shows. Now imagine that specially made for the theme of the attraction, during all hours of operation. Could be something special. Add back those colorful fountains too!!

nickys

Premium Member
Realistically does each world show case pavilion have space for an attraction? Or only a select few?
Japan, Germany and Italy all had original plans for attractions behind the current pavilion boundaries. As far as I know those expansion pads are still there.

In the case of the U.K., it would involve using some of the existing gardens, or using the adjacent giant marquee space.

Ratatouille has used half of the expansion pad between Morocco and France; I don’t know if there is land behind the existing Morocco pavilion that could be used but I don’t think so.

wdrive

Japan, Germany and Italy all had original plans for attractions behind the current pavilion boundaries. As far as I know those expansion pads are still there.

In the case of the U.K., it would involve using some of the existing gardens, or using the adjacent giant marquee space.

Ratatouille has used half of the expansion pad between Morocco and France; I don’t know if there is land behind the existing Morocco pavilion that could be used but I don’t think so.

There’s room for an attraction at Morocco if they wanted to build one. There’s space between Morocco and Japan plus a smaller plot directly behind Morocco.

nickys

Premium Member
There’s room for an attraction at Morocco if they wanted to build one. There’s space between Morocco and Japan plus a smaller plot directly behind Morocco.
What about Japan?

Is there still enough room behind the pavilion for the Mount Fuji ride, or have the filled some of it with the restaurant and store?

wdrive

What about Japan?

Is there still enough room behind the pavilion for the Mount Fuji ride, or have the filled some of it with the restaurant and store?

There’s space between Morocco and Japan that was originally earmarked for another pavilion. You could fit an attraction (or two) in there. It’s the same situation as Ratatouille and the Frozen meet and greet. All built on original plots for future pavilions.

aladdin2007

There’s space between Morocco and Japan that was originally earmarked for another pavilion. You could fit an attraction (or two) in there. It’s the same situation as Ratatouille and the Frozen meet and greet. All built on original plots for future pavilions.
not during our lifetimes but that can go away for something else if they ever wanted to. So in a sense that whole expansion pad could still be an entire new pavilion someday....but I think the one between Germany and Italy (which would have been Brazil) or one of the two next to Africa outpost would happen first before anything there.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Yeah, I know they can use the empty expansion pads. I was more interested in whether they could (not will) still build those original rides at the back of the existing pavilions.

wdrive

Yeah, I know they can use the empty expansion pads. I was more interested in whether they could (not will) still build those original rides at the back of the existing pavilions.

If they wanted. Although it would be more difficult to build anything directly behind the Japan pavilion.

There’s the old show building that was once planned to host the Carousel of Progress type attraction. I can presume they’ve found some other use for it over the years most likely storage. That could be moved/demolished though.

I’m not expertly and I don’t know too much about the Mount Fuji coaster and if it was actually planned to go directly behind the pavilion.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom