News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

brb1006

Advertisement
the show building was built for Meet the World.
Here's videos of Meet the World from Tokyo Disneyland for those that never seen it.

Preshow

The show itself (cut into three parts)

kpilcher

I think only the foundations were poured. It was the only attraction Card Walker didn’t like at TDL bc it glanced over WWII and he served on an aircraft carrier that was hit by a kamikaze attack.
Hi. No the whole building was built. It’s the enormous fortress at the back. Mitsukoshi has taken over some of the space for retail. The rest is used for storage. I recently met one of the pavilion’s architects. He believes budget was the number one reason it wasn‘t built and denies the long-standing story that the builders misread the blueprints making the space too small for MTW. He chucked and said “that’s a great story. Completely not true. But a good story.“

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Hi. No the whole building was built. It’s the enormous fortress at the back. Mitsukoshi has taken over some of the space for retail. The rest is used for storage. I recently met one of the pavilion’s architects. He believes budget was the number one reason it wasn‘t built and denies the long-standing story that the builders misread the blueprints making the space too small for MTW. He chucked and said “that’s a great story. Completely not true. But a good story.“
The building wasn’t too small. There were support beams in the wrong place. That was to be fixed when MTW was built in phase two, but with the park way over budget phase two took a different route.

And yes, the whole building was built. It is a huge area split into storage and workshops. Nothing that can’t be moved.

Top Bottom