News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Josh Hendy

could have been and should be... But it seems like the only thing of importance anymore is short term stock gains and not spending money on needed attractions...Remember UK Pavilion was supposed to have a ride when the park opened... As were Germany and Japan. The park isn't even complete to their opening vision.
Absolutely correct.

We're in a weird financial state right now worldwide, where the worse the headlines, the higher and higher that stocks are bid up. So corporate weasels look like geniuses and financial wizards the more that they slash and burn.

nickys

Premium Member
could have been and should be... But it seems like the only thing of importance anymore is short term stock gains and not spending money on needed attractions...Remember UK Pavilion was supposed to have a ride when the park opened... As were Germany and Japan. The park isn't even complete to their opening vision.

I didn’t realise the U.K. pavilion was meant to have a ride. What was that going to be?

Not to mention Italy was going to have an attraction (not ride) at the back of the pavilion which would have doubled it’s size.

EPCOTCenterLover

aladdin2007

I didn’t realise the U.K. pavilion was meant to have a ride. What was that going to be?

Not to mention Italy was going to have an attraction (not ride) at the back of the pavilion which would have doubled it’s size.

a gondola boat ride, or walk through roman ruins were planned at one time or another back in the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'd hear it was supposed to be a show, not a ride. (Like a Dickens-era pub and show)
a gondola boat ride, or walk through roman ruins were planned at one time or another back in the day.
1982 UK was going to be a Vaudeville theatre inside a Crystal Palace, though it was cut way before opening (or construction)

The boat ride was a mid 80s proposal

Roman Ruins walk through was proposed for Italy

bcoachable

I don’t know much when it comes to building a theme park, but I bet they are going to wish they had a “B” or a “C” to offset Rat when it opens here in a few...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom