News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

UNCgolf

IP or no IP...they need something.

Cherry Tree Lane isn’t going to be able to offset crowds if it’s not open. Even if it’s open that middle is a hole with no major attractions.

There's the American Adventure, which is nominally a major attraction. It obviously doesn't get the type of crowds required, though.

Disneyson

Hm.

Which is more dumb: using the assets from the Tokyo Tangled Ride (not a clone, that’s not allowed under contract) to make a ride in Germany, or moving Small World to EPCOT to make room for Tangled near the toilets?

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Hm.

Which is more dumb: using the assets from the Tokyo Tangled Ride (not a clone, that’s not allowed under contract) to make a ride in Germany, or moving Small World to EPCOT to make room for Tangled near the toilets?

Small World to Epcot is a good idea. Here's an idea....

Step 1: gut Imagination and turn it into a "Unity" Pavilion. Put IASW in the Imagination show building. Also, reroute the Soarin queue so that Soarin is part of this Pavilion (I think this is a Grassey idea). Use the theater for a Zootopia show that celebrates the progress that we have made in diversity. This would be a great pavilion for "World Celebration"

Step 2: Expand the "Play" pavilion to a "Imagination and Play" Pavilion. Build a new Figment ride with Dreamfinder off the back of the Play pavilion.

Step 3: Tear out the IASW load building to widen the walkway. Use the IASW show building as queue and load for two attractions: A tangled ride and a second attraction. Build the show buildings for these attractions behind (to the north) the current IASW show building.

Sorry for going on an armchair rant.

Disneyson

Small World to Epcot is a good idea. Here's an idea....

Step 1: gut Imagination and turn it into a "Unity" Pavilion. Put IASW in the Imagination show building. Also, reroute the Soarin queue so that Soarin is part of this Pavilion (I think this is a Grassey idea). Use the theater for a Zootopia show that celebrates the progress that we have made in diversity. This would be a great pavilion for "World Celebration"

Step 2: Expand the "Play" pavilion to a "Imagination and Play" Pavilion. Build a new Figment ride with Dreamfinder off the back of the Play pavilion.

Step 3: Tear out the IASW load building to widen the walkway. Use the IASW show building as queue and load for two attractions: A tangled ride and a second attraction. Build the show buildings for these attractions behind (to the north) the current IASW show building.

Sorry for going on an armchair rant.

That’s a great idea, but the kid gloves that Disney would have to use when dealing with the word “diversity” would be ridiculous - which I hate, thinking that we have become less willing to talk about unity over the years.

...and, if they aren’t going to spring for a proper Mary Poppins dark ride? It doesn’t seem likely that they’ll do so much work for place making.

Surferboy567

I thought everyone was joking about moving small world.

I’m no Epcot defender but that’s an awful idea. I know it would never happen but can you imagine the backlash.

Bocabear

I thought everyone was joking about moving small world.

I’m no Epcot defender but that’s an awful idea. I know it would never happen but can you imagine the backlash.
Why would there be backlash if it was moved, not removed...? think it sets a lovely preamble to World Showcase...and would open up room for another attraction or two in the Kingdom...Imagine an expanded longer version of Peter Pan's flight... It could happen with more space... A Tangled attraction instead of just restrooms? It could happen if Small World moved...
It actually makes much more sense to have a Worlds Fair attraction in a park that was sort of a clone of a World's Fair...

JohnD

Why would there be backlash if it was moved, not removed...? think it sets a lovely preamble to World Showcase...and would open up room for another attraction or two in the Kingdom...Imagine an expanded longer version of Peter Pan's flight... It could happen with more space... A Tangled attraction instead of just restrooms? It could happen if Small World moved...
It actually makes much more sense to have a Worlds Fair attraction in a park that was sort of a clone of a World's Fair...

Let's compromise. If Imagination 1.0 doesn't return, put IASW in there. I realize there would be logistics changing it to a boat ride.

Surferboy567

When you say it like that it makes sense.

But let’s remember when they added characters to small world what kind of backlash that caused. Imagine what a park change would do.

Epcot82Guy

I agree there would be outcry, and it wouldn't make financial sense at all and wouldn't be an idea I support at all.

But, I actually think the concerns about adding characters (which changed the focus of IASW as a foreshadowing of what's happening in WS) is greater than changing to Epcot. IASW actually started at the Worlds Fair, so there is a certain synergy there. I do think that's limited to the original (under Epcot's original theme). The characters addition works a little bit in Fantasyland (and, very sadly, New IPCOT).

Bocabear

Actually they could have taken one of the Communicore pavilions and created a grand vision of a Walt Disney/Imagineering pavilion... Focusing on Walt's creative endeavors with the World's Fair...Exit the pavilion through the Carousel of Progress... Then , outside a full scale reproduction of the Tower Of The Winds, and a new and improved Small World... It would be topical, make sense within the framework of the park...and the Walt Disney Pavilion would include three attractions... A museum, The Carousel of Progress, and Small World...

wedenterprises

I've always loved the idea of moving Small World to Epcot. Further to your idea, keep the Small World skeleton and build a Tangled boat ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've always loved the idea of moving Small World to Epcot. Further to your idea, keep the Small World skeleton and build a Tangled boat ride.

With Small World gone, you gain an access way to a huge swath of undeveloped land that's north of HM and RoA and BTMR. Getting rid of one ride allows MK to easily build at least four new ones, or a whole new land.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Or take advantage of the huge Small World footprint and create that new expanded Peter Pan ride...Longer and double tracked for current day crowds... Put a Tangled ride in the more modest footprint of the existing Peter Pan's Flight...
Tough honestly I would prefer to see them do a new build for PPF where the Circus tent is now, and re-theme that area to Neverland...Pirate Ship and all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom