News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Surferboy567

Wow, I got really excited by the "Disney could het this done in a year and a half" only to be crushed again by "Its not a massive project". Its hard sometimes not to get your hopes up..

I’m keeping them “medium-sized” I like poppins a lot so it would have to be a special kind of bad for me to outright hate what they put in but keeping my expectations in check since we know it’s not a “big” attraction.

nickys

Premium Member
Wow, I got really excited by the "Disney could het this done in a year and a half" only to be crushed again by "Its not a massive project". Its hard sometimes not to get your hopes up..

I know. I couldn’t decide on my reaction emoji to @marni1971’s comment: sad or even angry came to mind. Sounds to me like they have at least decided on something though, maybe that’s a positive? A small positive, but maybe a step forward.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I'm going with enhanced meet n' greet, a la Belle. Could be good if they enhance it enough. Tea party on the ceiling. Walking into a chalk drawing. Mary arriving by way of umbrella. Perhaps we even follow her on carousel horses (which maybe qualifies as a "ride" rather than a meet n greet).

If it's just a carousel, I'll be disappointed, although it'd still be something useful to add -- just not worth an announcement and build-up.

Bocabear

I am anticipating prefabricated facades being installed on a simple metal frame like Universal did with some of the Harry Potter set pieces... and seriously if they have not broken ground, either it is going to be the simplest thing possible, or it will open a year or more after the 50th.

brb1006

I saw the sequence on YouTube. It was subpar compared to the original IMO. Bert's dance with the penguins is still unsurpassed. It's even more remarkable when it's remembered that there were no computers back then. It was all done with gifted hands putting lines on paper. Hey you asked...
There is hand drawn animation in that sequence, but it was outsourced (Duncan Studios).

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

Wouldn’t this project be in line with Epcot’s 40th anniversary in 2022 instead of the Magic Kingdom’s 50th in 2021??

I have gotten the sense with a lot of projects announced that when they say “in time for the 50th,” they mean within the year beginning at the start of the celebration and/or the thinking that if it’s in EPCOT that they can “bundle” it for EPCOT’s 40th.

yensidtlaw1969

It’s consistently slipped from its original opening of later this year (though the Brave version was originally slated for next year)
Since it's not happening, are you able to tell us more about what the Brave attraction was going to be like? I got the impression somewhere it was going to be some sort of dark ride, but I don't know if that was true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom