News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

LittleBuford

I have on multiple occasions been refused on a few rides, including Soarin. In most cases they accommodate with no issues. Sometimes they’ll push back softly hoping you’ll change your mind, and sometimes they’ll just say they can’t do requested seating right now. So usually it’s effective but asking isn’t a guarantee you’ll be able to get it.

Fair enough. As I said, I’ve sometimes been made to wait, but I’ve never been refused. This is the first time I’ve heard of that happening.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Of course they can’t, but only a fraction of guests would ever think to ask, and that fraction can easily be accommodated. The irony is that the average guest who doesn’t know better will enjoy the attraction wherever they’re seated, whereas the WDW afficianados here who know that CMs always grant such requests are making it seem like the hardest thing in the world.
...or will get off the ride and comment about the Leaning Tower of Eiffel and the Taj Mahole.

LittleBuford

Well, the Golden Gate Bridge was designed to flex/sag IRL.
If they’d gone w/ Italy & the leaning tower of Pisa rather than France and the Eiffel Tower no one would have noticed!

Under normal circumstances (which are what the old film depicted), the bridge curves pronouncedly the other way and most certainly doesn’t sag:

Anyway, I think it really is time to return to London and Poppins.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing this thing isn't happening at this point based off of nothing but my gut (not to try to steer the conversation back or anything ;))

tparris

...or will get off the ride and comment about the Leaning Tower of Eiffel and the Taj Mahole.
I rode Soarin twice last week, the first time I was in the new theater (theater C) and I was sitting in the middle of the very top rows, and absolutely nothing was distorted. I was quite surprised actually, especially that the Eiffel Tower was perfectly straight. However on my second ride I was in theater B and sitting at the bottom right. On that ride through things were distorted again as usual.

LittleBuford

I rode Soarin twice last week, the first time I was in the new theater (theater C) and I was sitting in the middle of the very top rows, and absolutely nothing was distorted. I was quite surprised actually, especially that the Eiffel Tower was perfectly straight. However on my second ride I was in theater B and sitting at the bottom right. On that ride through things were distorted again as usual.

That's because you sat in one of the central gliders the first time and in one of the lateral gliders the second. The difference would have been the same in any of the theatres.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
He's charmless, not exactly photogenic, and helped tank an unnecessary sequel to Walt Disney's greatest live-action film, but yeah, a sweetheart. To each his/her own.

MP2 broke even in the theatrical weekend. It most definitely didn't tank. So, thanks for taking your feelings and fabrication fake news from it. By breaking even in the theatrical window that means all the profit in the post-theatrical window (cable, DVD, PPV, broadcast, and streaming) are pure profit. So... it was actually a financial success.

Also, Lin-Manuel, has had a successful Broadway play which is now being made into a movie (In the Heights), and the superstar Broadway play of Hamilton.

And, he helped write the music for Moana, which was also a success.

Sorry to ruin your hate-on with facts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom