News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member

And yet he served with the RAF during WWII, so can't have really been that sympathetic to the Nazis.

He certainly had flaws, but wrote some cracking stories in which the central child character usually had a pretty hard, even torrid, time of things "at home" but ended up triumphing over the nasty adult who ended up humbled as a result. Time and time again he tops polls of classic children's stories / authors here in the U.K. - something like 3 or 4 out of the top 10 favourite reads.

doctornick

I think if I'm excited is subjective. But it should be a nice addition if plans come to fruition.

WS could use some "nice additions". I think largely a big failing of modern Disney has been a lack of recognizing the importance of smaller scale supporting attractions to flesh out areas and support the big guns. Ratatouille + decent C-ticket in UK would really help WS.

Fox&Hound

WS could use some "nice additions". I think largely a big failing of modern Disney has been a lack of recognizing the importance of smaller scale supporting attractions to flesh out areas and support the big guns. Ratatouille + decent C-ticket in UK would really help WS.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I think all of the parks could be vastly improved by the adding of C tickets to them. I'd prefer they take the budget for 1-2 E-tickets, and build 7-8 C tickets to spread throughout WDW. Talk about getting your band for your buck =)

Just4Pics

WS could use some "nice additions". I think largely a big failing of modern Disney has been a lack of recognizing the importance of smaller scale supporting attractions to flesh out areas and support the big guns.

I completely agree with this sentiment. I think all of the parks could be vastly improved by the adding of C tickets to them. I'd prefer they take the budget for 1-2 E-tickets, and build 7-8 C tickets to spread throughout WDW. Talk about getting your band for your buck =)

Each of the second, third, and fourth WDW need a handful of C/D tickets to round the places out.

I could not agree with this more. Having nothing but big E tickets, each with an hour + wait, really isn't that fun. That's why I give Disney a lot of credit for opening NRJ. They probably could have gotten away with just FOP, but within a couple years NRJ will probably be a 20 min or less wait and that will really compliment AK. Hopefully we get something like that for the UK. Given how large WS is, it is very lacking in rides.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You can have E-tickets with reasonable waits if you build them with reasonable hourly capacities.

Indeed. Also, a lot, lot more of them.

If every ride was equally popular and had the same capacity, theoretically, with equally sane and competent guests, all rides would have the same wait time.

When the parks aren't packed, there are some rides/attractions that are basically walk-ons while others have an hour to two hour wait. Part of that is capacity, part popularity, and part repeatability.

I know there are people who make arguments for having enough B and C rides to 'fill out' the park and 'eat people.' I say, E-Tickets could do that, too. No reason they can't. Some of our connoisseurs of rides were touting how great it was that DAK was getting a C ride in NRJ because that helps fills out a park... and then got totally underwhelmed by it and wishing it had a story and twice the length and more AAs... basically, an E-Ticket family ride.

We'll see what doubling down on E Rides will be like in the Fall of 2019 when 3 open up in DHS at once. We'll see if the connoisseurs will ever ask for B/C rides again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom