Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

IWantMyMagicBand

Yes, walking directly from the welcome show to the queue. (!!) They routed us through the castle tunnel, all the way around the carousel and then into the queue.

I would say a majority of people there for the welcome show went right into this line. If you want to go to the MK and go on other attractions... morning is the time.

Wanted to add... the ADR trick may have worked at Norway/Akershus, but I don't know how one could do it now since you have to prepay to go to Cinderella's. That would be much more than just paying the $10 no-show for Akershus!
Not if you have ADRs at Crystal Palace, like I do. But that's why the UK rules, we're crafty like that :)

Arty Cordova

WHY would an AP holder who lives an hour from Disney need to stay at a resort, why should those lucky enough to live nearby and be able to visit often be punished because others live far away and have to stay at a resort to visit the parks. I spend a great deal of money at WDW, not only do I pay for 4 AP a year but I spend well over 100 per visit once I've bought food, drinks, pins, and whatever else catches the eye while there not to mention ordering photos that we've had taken in the parks basically I spend just like a resort guest does but I don't take up a hotel room and I visit year round repeatedly. So I spend like a resort guest but am punished by a 30 day window because I live nearby.

Though my daughter isn't into the rides much so really the only time the 30 day window hurt us has been the A&E M&G and the parade. Both things I had to hunt down a day with a slot open and make a trip down on days we don't normally go to the parks a Friday and a Monday normally we only go Tuesday-Thursdays.

This past year we did take an extended break from visiting the parks we just needed to stop for a bit to let it become "new" to use again. Though during that time Disney still got my money as we renewed our AP.

Why u ask, because I pay a lot more than you do. Yes, you pay your AP rate, but I pay the full resort rate, which after a weekend at the contemporary is about a year of your AP fee. So get over it!!!

BigTxEars

All this talk about resorts guest, APs, PAPs etc and how much they should "get" from WDW has me wondering something.

What about a PAP carrying, DVC belonging, Disney Visa wielding guest? I mean they are hitting Disney on lots of points so should they get more Disney "love" because of it? :)

AndyS2992

All this talk about resorts guest, APs, PAPs etc and how much they should "get" from WDW has me wondering something.

What about a PAP carrying, DVC belonging, Disney Visa wielding guest? I mean they are hitting Disney on lots of points so should they get more Disney "love" because of it? :)
APs don't really invest much money in the parks since they have cheap tickets, don't stay at resorts, don't buy souvenirs, bring their own snacks and they don't pay for parking whereas normal guests on their once in a lifetime trips will invest lots of money in to WDW so AP's and what not are not a priority. Disneyland however is made up of mostly AP's every day so they get all the love over there.

BigTxEars

APs don't really invest much money in the parks since they have cheap tickets, don't stay at resorts, don't buy souvenirs, bring their own snacks and they don't pay for parking whereas normal guests on their once in a lifetime trips will invest lots of money in to WDW so AP's and what not are not a priority. Disneyland however is made up of mostly AP's every day so they get all the love over there.

I do not fit into that description :)

But I understand your point.

cw1982

Sure!

Except for me. I'm entitled anyway because I'm awesome and being a resort guest is enough to put me at the top of the list. ;)

But seriously... people are getting all bent out of shape about who gets what in terms of FP+ choices, but the reality is that, from what others have said, the only thing that is generally booked up at 30 days out is the A&E meet and greet, and even people who are staying onsite are reporting that they sometimes can't get times during their trip (maybe because their trips are shorter ones, and the only times that are left by the time the 60-days opens up are times that are 4 or 5 days out from when they arrive? Who knows...) so no one really can say for sure how far in advance this is booking up. Clearly staying onsite isn't enough to make it happen, so why are we all up in arms over this (unless we've completely abandoned the topic of this thread altogether)?

Anyone have any other ideas, besides realigning the FP+ windows (since I'm asserting that doing so wouldn't help), for how Disney could fix this, without resorting to "give it time?"

BigTxEars

Sure!

Except for me. I'm entitled anyway because I'm awesome and being a resort guest is enough to put me at the top of the list. ;)

But seriously... people are getting all bent out of shape about who gets what in terms of FP+ choices, but the reality is that, from what others have said, the only thing that is generally booked up at 30 days out is the A&E meet and greet, and even people who are staying onsite are reporting that they sometimes can't get times during their trip (maybe because their trips are shorter ones, and the only times that are left by the time the 60-days opens up are times that are 4 or 5 days out from when they arrive? Who knows...) so no one really can say for sure how far in advance this is booking up. Clearly staying onsite isn't enough to make it happen, so why are we all up in arms over this (unless we've completely abandoned the topic of this thread altogether)?

Anyone have any other ideas, besides realigning the FP+ windows (since I'm asserting that doing so wouldn't help), for how Disney could fix this, without resorting to "give it time?"

I think dropping a second set of girls back at Epcot would help. Extending the hours at MK as well. Other than that I really can not think of any ways to fix it. Time will of course wear the crazy off to a degree.

Just at 30 days for you and I :)

cw1982

I think dropping a second set of girls back at Epcot would help. Extending the hours at MK as well. Other than that I really can not think of any ways to fix it. Time will of course wear the crazy off to a degree.

Just at 30 days for you and I :)

1. I agree that they need to add more actresses for this, maybe putting the extra set back at Epcot. I still say that Akershus would be a step in the right direction as well.

2. I agree with extending the hours at MK. It doesn't make sense that something that is so popular is only open until 5 pm when the park is open until midnight.

3. I know!!! I can't wait for the next month to fly by! :)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Amen! all the fastpasses are being taken by resort guest that can schedule, 60 days out by the time it gets within our window all of the passes are gone, AP should be the same as a resort guest for setting up fast passes

i call bull on that, have been checking on the hour for weeks, if you are going to contribute tell the truth
Really, you're going to start this argument again in a different thread? If you're so desirous of seeing this M&G, avail yourself of your stated proximity to WDW and get in line early. Which again, as a Premium Annual Passholder you have the advantage of doing, over those many staying on grounds and stealing your precious FPs 30 days ahead of you.

Well, it's not like your contributions have expanded beyond one talking point....

Get one night at a Value for $100-whatever bucks. You don't have to do it "all the time". Just once. Heck, I'll pay for the room if you promise to quite whining about this.*

*Offer not legally binding.
we actually stay probably every 3rd or 4th time on property, but we don't plan ahead that often to stay, because it is onlt an hour and 10 minutes to home, but if yoy are paying great i will take a night on june 9th would be great, send me the money and i will use florida discount

i am a AP but i don't spend money? i have been an AP for 10 months and have spent 10k in 10 months going to visit

lebeau

we actually stay probably every 3rd or 4th time on property, but we don't plan ahead that often to stay, because it is onlt an hour and 10 minutes to home, but if yoy are paying great i will take a night on june 9th would be great, send me the money and i will use florida discount

Wait a minute! Didn't you rail on for days because some supervisor told you that the 30-day window was due in part to the notion that locals don't plan ahead that often?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom