Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

RSoxNo1

Sure, if you can figure out what two Nordic characters are doing in Victorian times or 30's Hollywood. Or why characters would be appearing at a gourmet-chef spot.
Look, if we tell you that they only have six or seven actual character dining locales out of the "65", will you drop it? And if you did, as aladdin says, it would wipe out "Available reservations".

I don't think we want to take a public venue that handles a couple thousand people a day, and move to a venue that handles a couple hundred people a day. I don't see that as solving any kind of situation.
You're asking Disney to solve a problem that YOU'RE creating; I think I see some alternate delegation here.
You're right, the current lineup of character Meet and Greets throughout the resort make total sense. I'm not advocating putting Anna and Elsa in Grass Skirts at 'Ohana, I'm suggesting they go to places that already have thematic breaks.

This wouldn't be instead of Princess Fairytale Hall, it would be in addition to Princess Fairytale Hall. They're looking to add revenue wherever they can. The highest demand thing in their park is something that they could definitely charge for without significant protest, why aren't they doing it?

RSoxNo1

As a non gay male where do I fit in as a fan of the movie? :confused:
Not in the target demographic. I would also argue that gay males are also not in the target demographic because the target demographic is kids. It just has a larger appeal than the primary demographic.

jklakeview

Am I the only one that's annoyed that as a passholder I cannot book a fp+ to see Anna and Elsa. I mean the system does not work still if a person booking 30 days out cannot get a fp to an attraction. Before, if I was the first one over there, I was able to get one. If I wasn't there early enough, then I couldn't get one. When I went on early this morning and did my 30 days out, I still could not get one. That's ridiculous! I can just imagine that it is going to be the same issue with SWaTSD Mine train when it opens.

lebeau

Am I the only one that's annoyed that as a passholder I cannot book a fp+ to see Anna and Elsa. I mean the system does not work still if a person booking 30 days out cannot get a fp to an attraction. Before, if I was the first one over there, I was able to get one. If I wasn't there early enough, then I couldn't get one. When I went on early this morning and did my 30 days out, I still could not get one. That's ridiculous! I can just imagine that it is going to be the same issue with SWaTSD Mine train when it opens.

There's a limited number of FPs. Disney needs to decide how to distribute them. They have decided to give preferential treatment to guests who stay at their hotels. Being an annual passholder does not preclude you from staying at one of their hotels. You also have the option to go at rope drop like everyone else.

The old system favored early risers whether they stayed on site or not. The new system favors hotel guests (Disney's most profitable guests) whether they get up early or not. Both systems gave someone preferential treatment. I understand why Disney chose to provide an incentive to stay in their pricey hotels by favoring their on-site guests.

The Mine Train will be in demand. But it will have a higher capacity. So I doubt it will be an Anna and Elsa situation. At least not to that degree. Demand for both will die down eventually and then locals will be able to get FPs in the 30 day window. Or they can get a hotel room for a night. Or get there at rope drop. Or wait in standby.

I'd say the system is working as intended.

FLmom

I am an AP holder and I was able to get Anna and Elsa FP+ times. Where they really the day I wanted to go NO.. but I got them at 15 days out. For us it's okay we are really flexible with the times days we can go to the parks, we homeschool and I don't work. We are mid week park visitors normally however the visit we got for the FP+ times for is a Monday.

Magenta Panther

Denial ain't just a river.

True. It's also part of an timeworn ineffective cliche of a put-down.

You just can't get over the fact that I don't like "Frozen". Believe it or not, there are other people out there who are as mystified by the movie's huge success as I am. And not necessarily because they wanted a more-authentic version of "Snow Queen" instead of a cross between "Tangled" and "Wicked". They just think the movie's kind of meh. Deal.

Weather_Lady

Moving on has anyone heard if the wait times are still insane?

Touringplans' "lines" app has the current wait time (just before noon) at 4 hours, with a crowd rating of 5/10 (average). Posted wait time is apparently exaggerated at 310 minutes (so that guests will be "pleasantly" surprised when their actual wait is an hour less than they thought). FWIW, none of the other headliners have a wait over 45 minutes, even with POTC closed today.

Matt_Black

The highest demand thing in their park is something that they could definitely charge for without significant protest, why aren't they doing it?

Again, there's an issue of not having enough "friends" at this point. And since Anna and Elsa are a package deal, you need double the amount of "friends" as you would Rapunzel or Merida or any other princess.

coolbeans14

Yep, but we're in the UK, where we also ask for documented proof from a doctor for a Ride Access Pass at a theme park ;) I have seen people stopped at said cinema, which is a national chain, and they get their ticket refunded, they were ok with it once the rules were explained (which was when weekend matinees need a child to accompany an adult).

Just wondering, which chain?

Now the Saturday morning kids films, I totally get but new films? Hmm

Also ironically, I read a while ago that shrek is more popular in the UK than more or less anywhere else- hence why it's on BBC almost every bank holiday. We just like our kids films here

jklakeview

I am an AP holder and I was able to get Anna and Elsa FP+ times. Where they really the day I wanted to go NO.. but I got them at 15 days out. For us it's okay we are really flexible with the times days we can go to the parks, we homeschool and I don't work. We are mid week park visitors normally however the visit we got for the FP+ times for is a Monday.

Well I can tell you that I just looked at every day between now and May 29 and there are NO FP+ available for them at all. That means in my opinion that the system is still not right. There is no reason that an attractions fps should be gone before the 30 day period begins for everyone else.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
There is no reason that an attractions fps should be gone before the 30 day period begins for everyone else.

There are plenty of reasons, none that I find justifiable though. (please note that I said *I, that means others very well may, and that is perfectly acceptable)

FLmom

Well I can tell you that I just looked at every day between now and May 29 and there are NO FP+ available for them at all. That means in my opinion that the system is still not right. There is no reason that an attractions fps should be gone before the 30 day period begins for everyone else.

I would agree there are none left when I went through and tried other days. I was lucky my daughter reminded me before she went off to bed that night that she wanted me to try for FP for that m&g. I was up baking a cake and I started just checking days when suddenly I got to the 12th and bam there was an open slot so I took it. I didn't even pick the other two FP's I just let it auto pick them I didn't want to take any time up that might let the spot be taken by someone else. I would have to say I was going through at like midnight/1am time frame maybe that had something to do with it.

EricJ

I was up baking a cake and I started just checking days when suddenly I got to the 12th and bam there was an open slot so I took it. I didn't even pick the other two FP's I just let it auto pick them I didn't want to take any time up that might let the spot be taken by someone else. I would have to say I was going through at like midnight/1am time frame maybe that had something to do with it.

I may try that. I don't get my park FP+'s till July, but maybe I can find a Be Our Guest dinner for September between now and then.

IWantMyMagicBand

Just wondering, which chain?

Now the Saturday morning kids films, I totally get but new films? Hmm

Also ironically, I read a while ago that shrek is more popular in the UK than more or less anywhere else- hence why it's on BBC almost every bank holiday. We just like our kids films here
Cineworld, Vue and a few locals for their Juniors range. It gets jam packed. We save Frozen four times and each time was rammed. We're the oddballs though that don't mind front row so we don't worry about going super early, and I always pre-book. LEGOLAND Discovery in Manchester has that policy too. Wonder if Shrek goes there ;)
And all Shreks are only on Sky Store at the moment, no planned views. Super Excited about doing Shrek in the "other park" in a few months.
Fingers crossed that Anna and Elsa lines have decreased by then or hell will have to freeze over before I stand for 3 hours upwards.

BrightImagine

Moving on has anyone heard if the wait times are still insane?
I've been through the line twice recently, starting from rope drop, 4/26 and 4/29. The waits from start to end were 3 hours and 4 hours respectively. On 4/26 the posted time went up to 320 minutes at one point mid-morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom