Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

Skipper03

Are they ever going to do anything with the old bathroom? It could be a M&G

Remember - that area is to be used for the extended Pan queue. They finally relieved the congestion of this area of the park, it makes no sense to add a M&G and slow it up again? The interactive queue for Pan would be welcome since it's SO long of a wait! Plus it would keep more people out of the heavy main pathway there.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Considering how long the line typically is for Rapunzel, they could make a nice narrow pathway between it's a small world and The Haunted Mansion and have the meet and greet behind it's a small world.

Plenty of room in that area to ADD a M&G. In the existing space, it doesn't work. But there is room for expansion.

epcot1980

They must be in the process of working this change out right now, because fastpass+ options for dates in early May for Cinderella and Rapunzel are no longer available as they were a few days back. My guess is they are shuffling the groupings around and we will see some new options appear shortly.

Weather_Lady

They must be in the process of working this change out right now, because fastpass+ options for dates in early May for Cinderella and Rapunzel are no longer available as they were a few days back. My guess is they are shuffling the groupings around and we will see some new options appear shortly.

I certainly hope so. I am beyond annoyed with having to check and re-check the Disney website every day to see if they've become available. Booking FP+ 60 days out would have been nice. Only being able to book FP+ "60 days out... or maybe 45, or 30, or 12, or 3, who knows?" is not a convenience -- it's a hassle.

epcot1980

I certainly hope so. I am beyond annoyed with having to check and re-check the Disney website every day to see if they've become available. Booking FP+ 60 days out would have been nice. Only being able to book FP+ "60 days out... or maybe 45, or 30, or 12, or 3, who knows?" is not a convenience -- it's a hassle.

I hope so too, but will be thrilled if this works out the way I am hoping. Would love to be able to book an A&E reservation for my daughter, because as much as I knew she would love to meet them, we were not going to wait hours in line and skip Soarin/TestTrack do do so.

Weather_Lady

It's amazing, to me, how big a role M&Gs are now playing in guests vacations. It used to be ancillary, you see a character, you take a quick picture, you move on. Now whole days are being planned around "meeting" princesses. Very bizarre to me.

It was bizarre to me, too -- until I became the parent of a 5-year-old daughter who would gladly skip any attraction to meet a princess, and a 7-year-old son who adores Mickey Mouse. That's not to say that we plan our vacations around character M&Gs, however. We allow each of our two children to choose 3 "must-do" attractions over the course of our one-week vacation, and that's the only real say the kids get in our itinerary. It just so happens that they often choose one or two character M&Gs as part of their "allotment," and because the M&Gs tend to take awhile, we prefer to FP+ them, rather than spend precious post-rope drop time on characters. I've read enough trip reports from other people to realize, however, that for many people -- adults as well as children -- characters are more of a priority than attractions! I don't understand it, but I say "good for them." (Every person in line for a M&G is a person who is not going to be standing in front of me in the line for Splash Mountain, after all.) :)

Last edited:
I have a trip planned for April 19th thru 26th. Based on the OP information I decided to log into MDE to see if I could change a FP+ to this Meet & Greet with Anna and Elsa for the 20th of April. Lo and behold they have been removed...... Was this a glitch? I looked for each day during my trip and no M&G FP+ options are even listed for them now. I did notice however that all M&G with Cinderella and Rapunzel are stand by only ... and not able to select FP+ for those... The screen shot from the OP did show it did exist.... My DD (8) is a FROZEN Freak!! I would rather FP+ A&E than wait 3 hours.. Hope it was not a glitch and becomes an option... Thoughts??

epcot1980

I have a trip planned for April 19th thru 26th. Based on the OP information I decided to log into MDE to see if I could change a FP+ to this Meet & Greet with Anna and Elsa for the 20th of April. Lo and behold they have been removed...... Was this a glitch? I looked for each day during my trip and no M&G FP+ options are even listed for them now. I did notice however that all M&G with Cinderella and Rapunzel are stand by only ... and not able to select FP+ for those... The screen shot from the OP did show it did exist.... My DD (8) is a FROZEN Freak!! I would rather FP+ A&E than wait 3 hours.. Hope it was not a glitch and becomes an option... Thoughts??

See above posts and that should answer your question. Waiting game now to see what they do, but they are doing something.

FerretAfros

If Elsa and Anna are moving out of Epcot, any chance they'll replace the Ziti Sisters with some other form of entertainment? Or is it effectively a -1 for Epcot?

Sweet Thing

Aren't they also at DHS? I have several friends who have gotten photos with them there. The background is even different than in the Norway location. My friends are cast members, so maybe that's how they got them there.

mm52200

If Elsa and Anna are moving out of Epcot, any chance they'll replace the Ziti Sisters with some other form of entertainment? Or is it effectively a -1 for Epcot?
That would make perfect sense considering the Ziti Sisters were cut to make room for Anna and Elsa permanently in the Epcot entertainment budget. BUT knowing TDO they'll just let that minuscule savings go towards the MyMagic+/NextGen blackhole of money.

Ignohippo

Still Wreck-It Ralph. And thank god for that.

Thanks for the info. Wreck-It and the Incredibles certainly need to stay but they could certainly add more M&Gs in AoA, there's plenty of room.

Why they wouldn't try to get as many of the in-demand new characters out (and in as many places as possible) for M&Gs is beyond me. Anna & Elsa, Merida, Repunzel, Tiana, Ralph, etc. should have M&Gs setup in multiple parks.

• It's cheap (compared to other kinds of "attractions")
• Spreads capacity around the park
• Is a HUGE favorite for guests
• Facilitates brand awareness
• Adds excitement and ambiance to areas that are normally bare

Are they currently using the courtyard to the left of Main Street for anyone?

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for the info. Wreck-It and the Incredibles certainly need to stay but they could certainly add more M&Gs in AoA, there's plenty of room.

Why they wouldn't try to get as many of the in-demand new characters out (and in as many places as possible) for M&Gs is beyond me. Anna & Elsa, Merida, Repunzel, Tiana, Ralph, etc. should have M&Gs setup in multiple parks.

• It's cheap (compared to other kinds of "attractions")
• Spreads capacity around the park
• Is a HUGE favorite for guests
• Facilitates brand awareness
• Adds excitement and ambiance to areas that are normally bare

Are they currently using the courtyard to the left of Main Street for anyone?

In the past, restricting a new and popular character to one park has been the name of the game (Rapunzel and Merida were the first in a long time that I recall to be added to MK on day one and not to the other parks). It's an attendance driver (admittedly not a big one) to the other, less popular parks - "We want to meet Anna and Elsa." "Sorry, they only visit the Magic Kingdom for the new Festival of Fantasy Parade. If you want to meet them in person, you'll need to hop over to Epcot." "We don't have a park hopper ticket." "No problem, hand me your MoneyBands and we'll take care of it!"

Ignohippo

In the past, restricting a new and popular character to one park has been the name of the game (Rapunzel and Merida were the first in a long time that I recall to be added to MK on day one and not to the other parks). It's an attendance driver (admittedly not a big one) to the other, less popular parks - "We want to meet Anna and Elsa." "Sorry, they only visit the Magic Kingdom for the new Festival of Fantasy Parade. If you want to meet them in person, you'll need to hop over to Epcot." "We don't have a park hopper ticket." "No problem, hand me your MoneyBands and we'll take care of it!"

When meet times are 3+ hours long, something has to be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom