Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

LondonGopher

It was bizarre to me, too -- until I became the parent of a 5-year-old daughter who would gladly skip an attraction to meet a princess, and a 7-year-old son who adores Mickey Mouse. That's not to say that we plan our vacations around character M&Gs, however. We allow each of our two children to choose 3 "must-do" attractions over the course of our one-week vacation, and that's the only real say the kids get in our itinerary. It just so happens that they often choose one or two character M&Gs as part of their "allotment," and because the M&Gs tend to take awhile, we prefer to FP+ them, rather than spend precious post-rope drop time on characters. I've read enough trip reports from other people to realize, however, that for many people -- adults as well as children -- characters are more of a priority than attractions! I don't understand it, but I say "good for them." (Every person in line for a M&G is a person who is not going to be standing in front of me in the line for Splash Mountain, after all.) :)

Absolutely! I was thunderstruck by DS' (then 6) desire to Q for the characters. He's a real outdoorsy/sporty kid who gets fidgety in queues and yet waited cheerfully for the meets. He loved the rides, waterparks...but his favourite thing was meeting Mary Poppins! They talked a lot about London (though her accent was about as good as Dick Van 's) ;) and I had to drag him away, before the people behind us in the Q started foaming at the mouth.

The other thing about M&Gs...they are open to everyone. Grandma in wheelchair, kids with autism...the CMs at the meets are usually good about ensuring that everybody can have a good experience. And folks love that chance to get a snap of the WHOLE FAMILY with Mickey. A snap without dozens of fat, sweaty people in the background...:D

Matt_Black

the CMs at the meets are usually good about ensuring that everybody can have a good experience.

Heck yes. Some of my favorite memories have been character meets, and I'm a single, childless adult male aged 18-40 (no, I won't be more specific about the age ;)). When I went to meet Aurora and Philip, they immediately started commenting on my beard. "You know, you look a bit like Flynn Rider. He's the only one of us princes who has a beard. You see, Charming over there can't grow one, so he doesn't let the rest of us have one either, but Flynn's new, so he doesn't know that rule yet."

:hilarious:

doctornick

My guess is Snow White gets the axe with a meet and greet near the Mine Train. Cinderella joins Anna and Elsa, Rapunzel and Aurora stay the same. The fact that they're being dropped out of Epcot doesn't make sense though, they were getting 3 hour+ waits without Fastpass in a park that has 60% of MK's attendance. Are they going for 8 hour waits? If I'm not mistaken, Fairytale Hall only has one room for each set of Princesses, right?

Do we know for sure they are dropping out of Epcot? Would make sense to me if they kept Epcot and added them to PFTH as well.

RSoxNo1

Do we know for sure they are dropping out of Epcot? Would make sense to me if they kept Epcot and added them to PFTH as well.
KennyThePirate.com had the story first and in it he said that they're removed from the MDE site for Epcot after April 19th. The start date in Fairytale Hall, also per the Disney website is April 20th.

Can anyone confirm if Fairytale Hall has 2 rooms (1 for each grouping) or 4 rooms (2 for each grouping)?

GiveMeTheMusic

KennyThePirate.com had the story first and in it he said that they're removed from the MDE site for Epcot after April 19th. The start date in Fairytale Hall, also per the Disney website is April 20th.

Can anyone confirm if Fairytale Hall has 2 rooms (1 for each grouping) or 4 rooms (2 for each grouping)?

There are multiple rooms on each side of PFH.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

2 for each grouping- 4 total.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm pretty sure they were doing CM only meet and greets backstage at Studios pretty recently. This could have served as training for new friends of Anna and Elsa or just as some extra backstage magic for the CM's at DHS.

Yes. The DHS meet and greets were done backstage for cast only. They were training new friends of the girls. At the moment, Anna and Elsa can't randomly appear for onstage training sets like they do with all the other characters. Pandemonium would ensue.

Mouse_Trap

3 hours to meet two young actresses cosplaying? Not a chance :confused:

Couldn't agree more. However, the longer the waits then the shorter the lines are for the proper attractions. Therefore it's a welcome thing.

Imagination has ADA issues upstairs. Once you do construction to upgrade you must then move to be compliant. That is a small passenger elevator. Not enough for all the special issues guests have these days at WDW..

Why is that an ADA issue? Not saying it should be acceptable, but isn't it about making something accessible to all and that is doesn't mean there needs to be minimum wait for such provision?

wogwog

Yes, but it's only a 5 minute walk, I think they can make it.
Please...........they can fly! I have been told the previous Princess TST is being made over for the new tenants. As the first step the FastPass minus folks who have been in there have been moved elsewhere in the park. If you are in the park soon or currently you should see that the attached gift shop in TST has moved out the princess souvenirs and moved in fairy and pixie junk. Pretty big hint.

wogwog

It's amazing, to me, how big a role M&Gs are now playing in guests vacations. It used to be ancillary, you see a character, you take a quick picture, you move on. Now whole days are being planned around "meeting" princesses. Very bizarre to me.
Cheaper than attractions.

Ignohippo

Why can't they keep them in BOTH places?

culturenthrills

Who's in Art Of Animation since there's no Pixar release this year? For heaven's sakes, if demand's that large, get them in AoA, Norway and PFH!!! Why is this so hard to figure out?

Heck, for that matter, drape a sheet over the paralyzed Yeti, call him the Snow Monster, and open up the inside of Everest for meet and greets too!

Budgets is why. The closed the Ziti Sisters show to pay for the meet and greet once the Studio stopped paying for it. Any extra ones and some other entertainment will have to be cancelled. Pretty sad a multi billion dollar company can't pay for a M and G without cutting something else. (also see cutting 2 out of 3 parades to pay for 1 new one)

Hyperspace Hoopla

Oh good - so now Norway can go back to being completely empty, except for Norweigians on vacation and families that couldn't get princess character dining reservations at Cinderella's castle.

Joking aside, it's just a safety issue. People can wait outside in December for three hours, but not in July. It could be worse - they could have split them up, and kept say Anna in Norway and moves Elsa to PFH.

During the summer, have they ever put a character out in that area all the way to the left where Santa's meet and greet is during the holidays? I seem to remember Rapunzel was there briefly after Merida booted her from original location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom