Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

wdrive

Anyone think it would be worth cutting Cinderella and Rapunzel down to one room then basically have 3 friends on Anna and Elsa meeting at once in the Fairy tale Hall?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Anyone think it would be worth cutting Cinderella and Rapunzel down to one room then basically have 3 friends on Anna and Elsa meeting at once in the Fairy tale Hall?

They need enough friends of Anna and Elsa to run the meet and greet all day, first.

Cindy and Rapunzel had an 80 minute wait yesterday, for much of the afternoon. Cutting them down to a single room would push their wait over 2 hours.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
In case you missed it, the sequel is off the table for the time being.

http://screencrush.com/frozen-2-disney/

I think the confusion is in the word "Franchise" Iger used this word when taking about Frozen's success in an interview and people assumed he meant more movies but if you read this quote further he started talking about theme park attractions, Broadway and merchandise he never said anything about more movies.

lazyboy97o

I think the confusion is in the word "Franchise" Iger used this word when taking about Frozen's success in an interview and people assumed he meant more movies but if you read this quote further he started talking about theme park attractions, Broadway and merchandise he never said anything about more movies.
Past comments make it clear that to Iger a franchise is multiple films.

BigTxEars

Since I brought up the sequel and not really wanting for there to be one let me clarify my statement. I do not want them to do a direct to video sequel (because past ones have pretty much sucked) but I can fully understand why they would. And to be honest if it was me that would benefit from the money made from one I certainly would.

Sped2424

Yeah, I try not to remember "Return to Neverland" or "Jungle Book 2" either.
(And that's assuming "Sequel" = "Feature", and not that five-minute Tangled short.)
theatrical sequel made by the actual walt disney animation studios rather than toon studios, bit of a huge difference there.

EricJ

theatrical sequel made by the actual walt disney animation studios rather than toon studios, bit of a huge difference there.

Yeah, the real one doesn't make them. ;)

("But, what about Rescuers Down Under?"
That was when the Eisner era was first determined to sequelize an "old" hit like a royal heir to establish their succession to the crown, and back then, they didn't know which movies were open-ended enough to sequelize, apart from Fantasia, Rescuers, and that Mary Poppins sequel that had been talked about forever.
"Well, Iger said he wanted Cars 2!"
Yeah, because every critic was dogpiling on Cars 1 when it came out, after Disney's gaffe of predicting that Cars would "outgross Nemo", and with the Eisner vs. Pixar war heating up, the press was bloodthirstily waiting for the plot to thicken and Pixar have its first "flop". When the weekend didn't pan out like the studio hoped, the press tried to spin it as a disaster, despite the fact that it'd been popular with audiences. Although Pixar was doing the ex-Circle 7 sequels, Iger wanted a Cars 2, in a word, to the press off, and show that the marketing was still actually popular with audiences, box-office analyzing be darned.)

And you want a Frozen sequel, what, because it would be "neato" with the movie being popular, 'n stuff?

Last edited:

Sped2424

Yeah, the real one doesn't make them. ;)

("But, what about Rescuers Down Under?"
That was when the Eisner era was determined to sequelize an "old" hit to establish their succession to the crown, and back then, they didn't know which movies were open-ended enough to sequelize, apart from Fantasia, Rescuers, and that Mary Poppins sequel that had been talked about forever.
"Well, Iger said he wanted Cars 2!"
Yeah, because every critic was dog piling on Cars 1 when it came out, after Disney's gaffe of predicting that Cars would "outgross Nemo", and with the Eisner vs. Pixar war heating up, the press was bloodthirstily waiting for the plot to thicken and Pixar have its first flop. When the weekend didn't pan out like they hoped, the press tried to spin it as a disaster, despite the fact that it'd been popular with audiences. Although Pixar was doing the ex-Circle 7 sequels, Iger wanted a Cars 2, in a word, to the reporters off, and show that the marketing was still actually popular with audiences, box-office analyzing be darned.)

And you want a Frozen sequel, what, because it would be "neato" with the movie being popular, 'n stuff?
Hey there! Seems like you are back on your old schedule. If pixar can do an entire successful franchise out of toy story (Each film got about a 99 percent and up on rotten tomatoes but sequels are always bad? Right?) I wouldn't see how any ceo is going to sit on the highest grossing animated film and not try and milk it with more content. In case you didn't read not once did I say I was 100 percent behind the idea, but rather I know that they are going to do it. However if they could get the original creative team to come back to do it I would see that as a good sign that at least some care is being given to it, unlike the cheapquels disney toon studio is known for making.

Matt_Black

Well, even if you do a full-on sequel instead of just using the setting (like Weselton or the Southern Isles), there's still grounds for a follow-up. For example, it's heavily implied that Elsa wasn't the first with powers. What if someone else powers shows up? For instance someone shows up in Arendelle with powers, seeking asylum, because he's from another land and was persecuted. Elsa, naturally takes him (or her) in. Then, they start "advising" Elsa on how to deal with those other lands where powered people are persecuted- military action. Anna doesn't think that's a good idea, and that causes Elsa and Anna to butt heads; after all, Elsa notes, what would Anna understand about it. The question is- has the person been driven to vengeance by his treatment, or is it a ruse to get Arendelle involved in a war with a country to weaken both, allowing a third country to come in and conquer each one?

Cosmic Commando

Hey there! Seems like you are back on your old schedule. If pixar can do an entire successful franchise out of toy story (Each film got about a 99 percent and up on rotten tomatoes but sequels are always bad? Right?) I wouldn't see how any ceo is going to sit on the highest grossing animated film and not try and milk it with more content. In case you didn't read not once did I say I was 100 percent behind the idea, but rather I know that they are going to do it. However if they could get the original creative team to come back to do it I would see that as a good sign that at least some care is being given to it, unlike the cheapquels disney toon studio is known for making.
You shouldn't do a sequel just because, but I don't understand the thinking that everything movie-worthy about "x" characters has to be done in a single shot. Everyone who doesn't want sequels quotes, "You can't top pigs with pigs", but didn't Walt keep going back to Mickey & Donald to headline shorts over and over and over again?

BigTxEars

You shouldn't do a sequel just because, but I don't understand the thinking that everything movie-worthy about "x" characters has to be done in a single shot. Everyone who doesn't want sequels quotes, "You can't top pigs with pigs", but didn't Walt keep going back to Mickey & Donald to headline shorts over and over and over again?

I always look at Die Hard, an excellent movie, but part of the greatness was "wrong place wrong time" aspect of it for Bruce Willis. You just felt for him and rooted for him at the same time thinking that the bad guys picked the wrong building to rob. But in the sequels it just seemed to me "wrong place wrong time" again? And again? And yet again?

Movies like Raiders Of The Lost Ark do cry out for sequels. Here is a character who looks for adventures :)

Some stories lend themselves to sequels, some don't IMO. I am not sure Frozen does.

EricJ

He also topped Flubber with FlubberGas, and regretted it.
(And let's not even bring up that second Casey at the Bat short.)

Matt_Black

Some stories lend themselves to sequels, some don't IMO. I am not sure Frozen does.

The story? Maybe, maybe not. The setting and concepts introduced? That's a different kettle of fish.

To go back to the Absent-Minded Professor example, while the sequel flopped, the setting of Midvale College kept showing up in more films (and each film it was always on the brink of bankruptcy, leading me to question several administrative decisions), and the villain, Alonzo Hawk, showed up as the bad guy in a Herbie movie.

Magenta Panther

Okay, I'm just throwing this out here: if there is a "Frozen" sequel, why not make it about Anna and HER magical powers? Look, her sister has them (which, by the way, in a brilliant example of storytelling :rolleyes: was never explained), so why shouldn't she? And what, you ask, would those powers be? Well, consider this: her sister is a platinum blonde who has power over ice. So Anna, with her red hair, would have power over...okay, I'll just say it: Fire. Only she's a really late bloomer and something triggers her fire powers to suddenly manifest at, of course, the worst possible moment, and Elsa has to help her sister deal with them. And then there's poor old Hans, Anna's prince who was thrown to the feminist lions to atone for all of the "some day my prince will come" harm done to generations of little girls yadda yadda yadda. Feh! Anyway, what's he been up to? Would a story concerning his eventual redemption be worth making. And son on. Just a thought. Feel free to throw it back (prepares to duck).

I still think a Frozen attraction, complete with an ice palace and falling snow, would kick serious butt in New Fantasyland. But who knows what the cement heads in charge of Disney will do, if anything...

Matt_Black

Okay, I'm just throwing this out here: if there is a "Frozen" sequel, why not make it about Anna and HER magical powers? Look, her sister has them (which, by the way, in a brilliant example of storytelling :rolleyes: was never explained), so why shouldn't she?

Because genetics and inherited traits don't necessarily work that way?

And yes, it WAS EXPLAINED- She. Was. Born. With. Them. When Disney bought Marvel, they also bought the mutant superpower origin.

Magenta Panther

Because genetics and inherited traits don't necessarily work that way?

And yes, it WAS EXPLAINED- She. Was. Born. With. Them. When Disney bought Marvel, they also bought the mutant superpower origin.

Oh, she was BORN that way, thanks for the explanation. Silly me, I thought she was bitten by a radioactive Jack Frost or something...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom