Animatronics Show? (The American Adventure)

DisneyMan

Original Poster
Hey all I will be taking a trip to WDW this month and was reading some stuff on an Animatronics show called "The American Adventure" I don't know how in the heck I missed this last time I was down there but I did. Is it worth going to see? And where is it exactly? Any info would be great!

-DM :cool:

wyattkelly

"American Adventure" At the American Pavillion is worth seeing. If you're like me and get choked up by the stupid little stuff, you'll love this journey through American history. If you're like my dad, you'll appreciate the air-conditioning and catch a short nap before you hit the asphalt again and head to the next pavillion. Overall, I recommend this show. Enjoy!

mickeyfanatics

The American Adventure is an awesome show containing some of the most realistic Audioanamatronics ever created, along with music and movies/slides. It is a great journey through American history, although several history buffs will bash it as going to fast and skipping too much stuff. This is my favorite attraction to see. We sit in the second row because at one point, Chief Joseph comes up and he is so real! The mechanism they created to run this show, nicknamed the War Wagon) was an ingenious invention back in 1982. The various AA scenes you see are actually on a large moving wagon that moves across beneath the stage during the show to bring the appropriate AA scene into place to move upwards into view. The Wil Rodgers AA also actually twirls a rope, it is amazing. At the end of the movie, the AA Mark Twain quotes a great line from John Steinbeck that is an amazingly true statement about the problems in our country today (and they do not include Iraq or Bin Laden) "We now face the dangers that in the past have been the most destructive to the humans; plenty, success, comfort, and ever increasing leasure. No great people have ever survived these dangers."

General Grizz

This show is probably one of the best attractions to ever premiere at EPCOT. It's blend of all kinds of methods of education - the mixes of backdrops and animatronics - - it's tremendous. You're just gonna love it.

Plus, it has great musical scores!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
This show is probably one of the best attractions to ever premiere at EPCOT. It's blend of all kinds of methods of education - the mixes of backdrops and animatronics - - it's tremendous. You're just gonna love it.

Plus, it has great musical scores!

Yeah....its like a Hall of Presidents...Kicked up a notch!...lol... great moving sets... and really neat animatronics :)

MouseRight

Best Show In WDW

Best Animatronics in the World (the entire World, not just WDW.

Great use of hsitory, music, theatrics, aniamatronics, etc., etc. etc.

DO NOT MISS THIS SHOW.

Also, in the rotunda of the building they usually have entertainment before the show. Most times they have The Voices of LIberty" singing old folk and patriotic songs in period costumes. Voices are beautiful, songs are good, and they have fun with teh audience. Good way to cool off and wait for teh show. Check teh show schedule.

figmentmom

The American Adventure is not to be missed! I'm not ashamed to admit that I get misty-eyed at the finale every time, too.

jcrb

"The American Adventure" is one of the best shows at Walt Disney World. The show does not have the high excitement tricks but the show is well worth it.

20 so animatronics take the stage. Eras in American history flash before your eyes from the dawn of America’s history to the present day.

The show is great.

The only thing they need to add in is a heroic event on 9/11.

MrPromey

Originally posted by SirNimajneb
Isn't the backdrop screen the size of a football field or something?

Nope, I think that might be a bit of an exaggeration. Just the same, it is very large…

Some people don’t like this show. I’ve actually heard people walking out commenting on how boring it was. I have NO understanding of how anyone could think this but the world is full of all kinds. :rolleyes:

Even if you aren’t that big into the point (American history), you’ll still get a kick out of how it is all presented (assuming you are a Disney fan). This was the pavilion that Imagineers were pretty much given full control over when Epcot was designed. They pulled out all the stops and it is honestly in my opinion, not only the best attraction in all of world showcase but the best in all of Epcot. Personally, I would wait in line for this one longer than Test Track any day. The fact that you never really do have to wait in line (really, really big theater) just makes it all the better! :sohappy:

I have to give a counter opinion here:

The good things about the American Adventure:
1) The animatronics. If you like animatronics, it's quite realistic here, and the pinnacle of human animatronics at Disney.
2) The acapella singers in the waiting area. Amazingly good renditions of American classic tunes, while wearing classic colonial garb.
3) The air conditioning.

The bad things:
1) The classic "rah rah America" done Disney-style. Simplistic, and almost offensive, in my opinion. I love what my country stands for (life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness), but this just didn't work for me. And, as an American history fan, I have quibbles with the rose-colored view, though I can understand why it doesn't focus on the negatives. (And it's not nearly as bad as the China film that makes it seem like the Communists made everything right in China :eek:) But it's not educational AT ALL.

2) The annoying song - "America - spread your golden wings" - ugh!

3) The fact that the last thing I want to visit in the World Showcase is the country I'm in! I enjoy the "snippets" of different cultures. But maybe it works for foreign visitors. Any non-Americans here with opinions?

Woody13

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
And Roy Rodgers actually creates the lasso. It's not automatic, the animatronic figure actually moves the rope!

I think you meant to say, Will Rogers, not Roy.

mickeyfanatics

The theater seats 1000 people, so it is rarely ever full. And by the way, Disney takes a look at what America stands for and was meant to be by the founding fathers, not the sick, entertainment/sports driven society of lazy people it has become. Please read the quote I made earlier in this tread by Mark Twain's Character in the show. It is so true of ALL of the problems in America today - Nobody wants to work for anything! Yes the show is rose colored (unlike Franklin's Bifocals) but it focuses on the ideals of America! BTW - Golden Dream is one of the best Disney Songs ever written for an attraction, and it is so true to the nature of the show!

Tramp

What's NOT to like about this attraction

I find myself shaking my head in total bewilderment when reading the negative comments about this attraction. I don't know why so many Americans insist on always seeing the glass half empty instead of half full or this compulsion for self-flagellation when discussing our history. I find it terribly suspicious when an American can't find a glimmer of satisfaction in the content of this attraction and wonder if the criticism isn't thrown out there to troll for argumentative response.
This is a WORLD SHOWCASE. It's intended for countries to put their best foot forward not to air their dirty laundry. The American Pavilion is a brief history lesson. Perhaps not enuf history for some but certainly more than enuf to give foreign visitors a glimpse into the 'spirit' of our past without boring them to death, yet, enuf history to revitalize a patriotic spirit in even the most skeptical among us...:mad:

(I'm man enuf to admit that I get choked up when I hear "America, Spread Your Golden Wings" cuz I fought with many who didn't live to see the best days of this young, vibrant and very generous country)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom