Animal Kingdom?

frontem1

Original Poster
Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get your opinions on something. I was wondering if me and my girlfreidn should even go to anmial kingdom when we go to Disney World in a week and a half? It's not my favorite but I was wondering your opinion?
Thanks!
Any Dream Is Possible!

WDWBryan

Of course you should go. Every park is worth seeing.

Finding Nemo and Festival of the Lion King are great shows.
It's nice to see the animals.
Go on the safari and ride everest.

Weather_Lady

AK is not my "favorite" either, but we still wouldn't miss it. It's a half-day park for us, but is an eagerly-anticipated half day. However, if it's not your thing, I'd say -- go and hit the high spots if you have a park hopper ticket. If not, skip it and spend a full day in a park you enjoy more. There are some nice articles online however about hidden nooks and crannies in AK that are really spectacular -- you may find more to enjoy there if you have the time and inclination to dig a little deeper. :)

C.FERNIE

We have made it a full day parkl in the past but now we go for half a day then usually hit a waterpark! AK is a wonderful place but there is only soo many times you can watch the shows and that is really what makes it a full day park! :wave:

frontem1

Original Poster
Thanks guys for responses!
I think we might make it a half day park bc we have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare @ 10am the day we were goign to Ak, so maybe we will do breakfest, go there for a little while and then sit by the pool!
Any Dream Is Possible!

rwdavis2

If you have the time give it another try. We last went in 2004 and did a somewhat commando version due to a miserable teenager. My wife and I are going by ourselves in November and we plan to take more time and see as much as possible. Also doing far more research in advance to make sure we don't miss anything.

We like going to AK. There are the shows, EE, and the Safari. I am also a big animal person so I like to go look at them.

Have you thought about maybe doing one thier tours? Dh and I did one a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

real mad hatter

Eh,

The simple answer is Yes.even for the Kilimanjaro safari alone.I've a friend who sent a fortune on a safari trip to South Africa and never saw half the animals that I filmed on our last trip.:wave:

fractal

I'm biased because I love AK, but yes!

Everest (despite the Yeti problems) is still one of the best themed Disney attractions in the world.

Dinosaur is a hoot. Safari is very good and ITTBAB is always fun.

You have the great animal trails and this last trip we watched Flights of Wonder for the first time and loved it. The themeing of the entire park is also to be appreciated and enjoyed.

FoTLK is the best show on property and Nemo is also pretty good.

We've eaten at Yak and Yeti and enjoyed it while Flame Tree BBQ and Restaurantasourus are two of my favorite QS places.

SAV

Yes you should see it. It's a wonderful park and is easily a full day park for us. Slow down and take everything in. It's definitely worth the visit.

Sharkreef11

I would also vote yes to going. I still love it but it isn't my favorite. When we go we like to hit Yeti, Dinosaur, Safari, Tough to be a Bug, and one of the trails. That is pretty much just a half day. Those are for sure worth doing but I would agree that a full day isn't necessary.

J_Carioca

I love Animal Kingdom. Went twice on our last trip (once for a whole day, the second time for a half-day).

However, I would say that if you're even posting this question on the board, then maybe you don't want to go?

As a devout animal-lover, nothing bugs me more than seeing people wander half-heartedly down the Pangani trail or the Maharajah trail, barely even bothering to look at the animals. On our last trip, we stood next to a man who was trying to take a photo of his son in front of one of the tigers on the Maharajah trail. We told him that if he walked up ahead to the next section, there were lots of tigers close to the glass, easily photographed. He just looked irritated and said "we don't have time for that, we have to meet someone at the front of the park". I had to wonder why he was even there. The tigers are some of the most magnificent animals you'll ever see, and AK makes it possible to see them up close, in an absolutely stunning setting. If someone can't appreciate that, then maybe they shouldn't bother.

I think it's pretty simple: if you love animals, you'll love AK. If not, consider spending your time at a different park.

sublimesting

How long will you be there? If it is longer than 3 days then yes you should. Why is this a question? Do you hate animals? Even if the answer is yes, that's OK. They serve some very tasty animals there. I personally recommend Flame Tree Barbecue ribs. YUM! But it is the best themed of the parks. Has some stellar attractions (EE, Nemo, Lion King, Safari).

disneygirl1

Hey guys, I was wondering if I could get your opinions on something. I was wondering if me and my girlfreidn should even go to anmial kingdom when we go to Disney World in a week and a half? It's not my favorite but I was wondering your opinion?
Thanks!
Any Dream Is Possible!

I would! You could totally do just a 1/2 day there to ride the main attractions and head to a different park in the afternoon.

cheezbat

There are a few nice attractions at DAK, but I'm going to go against everyone else and say don't go. The park could be, and should be so much more than it is.

The less people who visit Animal Kingdom, the sooner well see additions to the half day park.

pintraderpayee

How long will you be there? If it is longer than 3 days then yes you should. Why is this a question? Do you hate animals? Even if the answer is yes, that's OK. They serve some very tasty animals there. I personally recommend Flame Tree Barbecue ribs. YUM! But it is the best themed of the parks. Has some stellar attractions (EE, Nemo, Lion King, Safari).

:ROFLOL: DD is a CPCM there and we poke fun at her by saying "Here at Animal Kingdom we don't have plastic lids because they can choke the animals, but we can serve you animal on a paper plate!" DH loves the ribs and I love the pulled pork sandwich:slurp: BTW Flame Tree cooks 1200lbs of ribs a day on an average.
To the OP, read up on all the hidden little treasures at AK and then decide whether to go or not, but remember that AK is several hundred acres so be prepared to walk.

i couldnt agree more

:hammer::hammer:
There are a few nice attractions at DAK, but I'm going to go against everyone else and say don't go. The park could be, and should be so much more than it is.

The less people who visit Animal Kingdom, the sooner well see additions to the half day park.

i also have been to animal kindgom alot and always feel its kinda a waste of time and effort/ so much walking for not enough. then the fact of wasted bus travel and waiting for 1 to travel to a different park, if you do go . only spend time on important fun things, if i want to see animals it would be better at busch gardens, dont bother going on train at A>K to go pet some animals... aka mostly just goats and sheep and 1 pig. if you dont have kids stay outta kiddie ride section. best ride is popeye like ride.. kalia river rapids, best show is nemo show. safari is just ok. but all in all . A>K was a rip off of busch gardens, and a lame attempt at that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom