Animal Kingdom?

J_Carioca

I couldn't disagree more!

:hammer::hammer:

i also have been to animal kindgom alot and always feel its kinda a waste of time and effort/ so much walking for not enough. then the fact of wasted bus travel and waiting for 1 to travel to a different park, if you do go . only spend time on important fun things, if i want to see animals it would be better at busch gardens, dont bother going on train at A>K to go pet some animals... aka mostly just goats and sheep and 1 pig. if you dont have kids stay outta kiddie ride section. best ride is popeye like ride.. kalia river rapids, best show is nemo show. safari is just ok. but all in all . A>K was a rip off of busch gardens, and a lame attempt at that

Really? The safari is "just ok"? Last week I was on the safari and we witnessed two baby elephants and their parent completely submerging themselves in a water hole, splashing water on themselves, and rolling around. Keep in mind that this was about 20 feet away from our bus. That is not something I see every day or, in fact, have ever seen before. It was really special and as I wrote in a previous post, I felt privileged to see such beautiful animals in a gorgeous setting. I find it terribly sad that other people don't realize how lucky they are to see these animals.

As for the petting section, if you take time to actually enjoy it and learn, it is worthwhile. We spoke for about a half hour with one of the animal trainers there and she was very knowledgeable and friendly. You get out of it what you put into it.

I couldn't disagree more strongly that AK is a lame rip-off of Busch Gardens (or any other park). AK is sooooo beautiful. Pay attention to the little details: the signs in Harambe village, the paintings on the temples in the Maharaja walk-though, the prayer flags as you board Kali...it's amazing. I feel that Disney really outdid themselves in making a park that is fun, by far the most beautiful of the four, AND educational. It is not meant to be full of thrill rides; if you read about the ideas behind it, it's supposed to be about the human relationship with the natural world.

WVParkfan

"AK is not a day park...blah blah blah."
Ignore any of these kinds of comments. I love Animal Kingdom.

Agreed. It's our favorite park, and we take at least 2-days to truly enjoy it. So many hidden paths and new things to discover. Best parade in WDW. I wish I was there right now with a cold Safari Amber in my hand, watching the parade go by from inside the Dawa Bar!

SulleyanBoo

Okay, to each is own. UNLESS you dislike animals or animals bore you, then YES go to Animal Kingdom. Make it a half day if you want. That's normally what we do. We always do half at AK and half at HS. I love Animal Kingdom for many reasons. I love the attractions including k.safari, primeval whirl, It's Tough to be a Bug, Kali River Rapids (I only reccommend this ride if it is your LAST ride of the day so that you can go back to the hotel and change, or you have a poncho..but it is VERY fun) Mt Everest, and Dinosaur. They are all great. There are also 2 walking trails which are really neat as long as the park crowds are minimal to normal. This park also has really good food, quick service and bbq. There are great photo opportunites at AK and it may be only me that thinks this but their merchandise is the best to me. Whatever you choose, have a great time :wave:

Raven66

:hammer::hammer:

i also have been to animal kindgom alot and always feel its kinda a waste of time and effort/ so much walking for not enough. then the fact of wasted bus travel and waiting for 1 to travel to a different park, if you do go . only spend time on important fun things, if i want to see animals it would be better at busch gardens, dont bother going on train at A>K to go pet some animals... aka mostly just goats and sheep and 1 pig. if you dont have kids stay outta kiddie ride section. best ride is popeye like ride.. kalia river rapids, best show is nemo show. safari is just ok. but all in all . A>K was a rip off of busch gardens, and a lame attempt at that

Good. Less people in line in front of my family.:)

To the OP:

Has your girlfriend ever been? If not, you might want to let her decide if she wants to go. We love AK and would never miss it. We also make it a full day event. We take our time looking at all the animals and the environment is so beautiful. Have fun on your trip whatever you decide to do.

NYwdwfan

Are you getting a park hopper? Go and if she decides she is not that interested you can always go to another park.

bethymouse

Yes... GO!

AK is a place that you need to EXPLORE! There are so many things you can miss! Yes, you can do AK in 1/2 day, but you might miss some special moments! Beware- the vines might move:) and there are 2 shows: Nemo and Lion King! It's Tough to be a Bug is a 4D movie experience inside the TREE OF LIFE! There are trails to walk Maharaja Jungle Trek to see Tigers. You must ride EE, Safari, Dinosaur, PW, KRR. The Wildlife Express train takes you to Conservation Station, but that is a place for kids like a "petting zoo" and some good information on our environment. The Jungle Parade is pretty good. the OASIS has some hidden animals.
Go there and have fun!:wave:

Samoht

I love the whole atmosphere in AK. My 7 year old daughter loves animals so we usually spend 2 days there if we have the time. We have been to quite a few zoos and nothing really compares to AK as far as the enclosures the animals are in. Also for being able to see the animals and how healthy and happy they seem it's second to none in my opinion.

The Empress Lilly

AK is only my fourth favorite park. But still I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The good:
- Harambe (Africa) is great
- Everest is a good ride
- The Safari is awesome
- Pangani trail is fantastic
- Food options are really great at AK
- Animals! Animals! Animals! I love the Oasis, the Discovery Trails, the Maharajah Trek.

You wanna be here :cool::

6934060427_a6fa5767d5_z.jpg

olinecoach61

We always go, but it's only a half day at best. I enjoy what's there, there just isn't enough of it. Lion king show is great, safari, Cali river, and we enjoy going to zoos so the animals are cool. This year we are bringing our 3 year old daughter so I imagine we will spend more time there then usual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom