Animal Kingdom Rumors?

haveyoumetmark

besides Beastly Kingdom already exists, you just have to travel to the other side of Orlando to visit it. ;)

I guess some incarnation is better than none. Albeit I think it would have been loads better at AK if Disney was more open on budgeting and didn't lay off some people. :shrug:

Whatever the case is, it's there. It may be down the interstate in Orlando, but it's there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
. And if they really wanted to have a fireworks show, they could further reduce the impacts on sensitive animals relatively inexpensively by simply installing noise barriers or otherwise soundproofing their enclosures, or using noise cancellation technologies.
Believe me, none of this would work unless `quiet` fireworks DLP or HKDL style were used.

Even then the noise would still get through.

MJMcBride

IIRC, most of the animal night quarters are way back, near the northern end of the park, along Conservation Way and Savannah Circle. It is doubtful that fireworks launched from, say, the Beastly Kingdom area, would bother them any more than the native wildlife around Epcot and Magic Kingdom (and the former Discovery Island) are bothered by those fireworks - the noise level drops off fairly quickly with increasing distance. And if they really wanted to have a fireworks show, they could further reduce the impacts on sensitive animals relatively inexpensively by simply installing noise barriers or otherwise soundproofing their enclosures, or using noise cancellation technologies.

You are incorrect about fireworks. I imagine any would be a bad idea in any part of the park. General crowd noise is OK even at night but booming fireworks is different.

WDWGuide

You are incorrect about fireworks. I imagine any would be a bad idea in any part of the park. General crowd noise is OK even at night but booming fireworks is different.

I am not "incorrect". If they wanted to have a fireworks show, they could by using appropriate technology. Not all types of fireworks are inherently all that noisy - it depends on the type of launch method used, size of the shells, height of explosion, compounds used, etc. Air-launched shells, for instance, are much quieter than traditional ones.

The fact is that they don't want a regular fireworks display there, and probably for a very good reason that has more to do with ROI than concerns about animal welfare. In any case, I think we'll both agree that as the park matures and develops the need for daily large-scale post-dusk entertainment, there are probably more suitable means to do that than yet another fireworks display.

Scar Junior

I am not "incorrect". If they wanted to have a fireworks show, they could by using appropriate technology. Not all types of fireworks are inherently all that noisy - it depends on the type of launch method used, size of the shells, height of explosion, compounds used, etc. Air-launched shells, for instance, are much quieter than traditional ones.

The fact is that they don't want a regular fireworks display there, and probably for a very good reason that has more to do with ROI than concerns about animal welfare.

wrong

well see what I think is funny is if the rumors are true then the lost cont. at universal will be no more soon and it will be harry potter island so then beastly kingdom could still happen and not be a theme copy.

MJMcBride

The fact is that they don't want a regular fireworks display there, and probably for a very good reason that has more to do with ROI than concerns about animal welfare. In any case, I think we'll both agree that as the park matures and develops the need for daily large-scale post-dusk entertainment, there are probably more suitable means to do that than yet another fireworks display.

What fireworks are there that doesn't come with the "boom"? Besides, the explosive nature/sound of fireworks is what attracts people to them. Quiet fireworks just isn't the same.

WDWFigment

I know it isn't going to happen now, but think of the possibilities for night shows if they would've made a Beastly Kingdom. 'Battle of the Dragons on the Bay' with dragons 'flying' above a bay as they shoot fire at one another...

Okay, maybe the possibilities aren't endless, since they all involve fire breathing dragons, but I think a cool show would've been possible without making a lot of noise.

DisneyMusician2

Any fireworks show would have to be diluted down to the point where it would simply stink. Come up with a better show, or even a new concept for a night show....WDI should innovate something that is silent with some background music that they can pipe through the speakers all around the common areas.

jmvd20

What fireworks are there that doesn't come with the "boom"? Besides, the explosive nature/sound of fireworks is what attracts people to them. Quiet fireworks just isn't the same.

I don't think he meant they are completely noise free but there are ways to tone down the noise.

I agree about the bangs though, I love the ones that shake the ground, however I doubt the animals would.

cmatt

Oh no, not again. Did I miss some kind of fine print when I joined WDWMagic that states that EVERY...SINGLE... THREAD must contain at least one WAND BASHING?:confused:

Oh..and for the record...I think the tree of life would look TOTALLY AWESOME with a WAND and a BIG SORCERER'S HAT on top!:rolleyes: :D

i cmatt respect the wand :king:...

... just everynow and then i like to use the word WAND :p

jedimaster1227

well see what I think is funny is if the rumors are true then the lost cont. at universal will be no more soon and it will be harry potter island so then beastly kingdom could still happen and not be a theme copy.

What Beastly Kingdom was and what the Lost Continent became are still two very seperate lands. There theming isn't similar other than the concept of using mythical creatures in two of its attractions. If Beastly Kingdom were to ever resurface, it could exist without being directly related or compared to the Lost Continent. Remember, the only similarities are the use of a dragon coaster and the use of a unicorn for an attraction. Nothing more... Nothing less... Beastly Kingdom would have had so much more...

WDWGuide

I don't think he meant they are completely noise free but there are ways to tone down the noise.

I agree about the bangs though, I love the ones that shake the ground, however I doubt the animals would.

Exactly. My parents used to live near a fairground that had several large fireworks displays each year until some judge ordered them to stop because of noise concerns. The redesigned show that they did after sorting things out with the neighbors was much quieter (more "pops" and "thuds" instead of ground-shaking "booms"), but no less spectacular (or so I was told anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom