Animal Kingdom Rumors?

Xadllas

I hear that they are going to expand the monorail to DAK which will end at a full replica of Hogwarts Castle. From there, you hop onto the Wedway PeopleMover "Orange Line" which will take you into a new, dedicated reserve where you shoot the animals.

Mmmmm.... that'll be some good eatin'.
Didn't you already post the first half before.. and that last part about the PPM is a bit much...

S.E.A.

Beastly kingdom won't happen. Even when they were going to open the park ( animal kingdom )
, it was still more of an afterthought.

gee, that must be why there's a Dragon in the middle of the DAK logo, or that there's a unicorn parking lot, or why in practically every piece of art work they had for the park when it was gonna open, they had Beastly kingdom as part of it. yeah, sounds like an afterthought to me.

Enigma

Account Suspended
gee, that must be why there's a Dragon in the middle of the DAK logo, or that there's a unicorn parking lot, or why in practically every piece of art work they had for the park when it was gonna open, they had Beastly kingdom as part of it. yeah, sounds like an afterthought to me.

There is also that big dragon's head on one of the ticket booths when you enter the park.

cmatt

i heard they are putting a wand up next to the tree.....

apparentlly its to help users identify that it is a disney park :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the record; Beastly Kingdom(me) was fact. Not rumour. It wasn`t built, and is very unlikely ever to be in any form resembling the original ideas.

Buried20KLeague

Haven't we been over this?
Students....pay attention, please.
:ROFLOL:

Quick question, Martin & Lee...

I understand the whole BK story, blah, blah, blah... And the fact that we're basically never going to see it. But I'm curious as to why the general consensus is that it would never show up in the form we've seen in drawings, etc... As if to say that if it DID at some point get a green light, it would be different that what we've become used to.

Is it a space thing? Did they find flaws with some of the attractions/ideas? Is it money (stupid question)?

Lee

Adventurer
Quick question, Martin & Lee...

I understand the whole BK story, blah, blah, blah... And the fact that we're basically never going to see it. But I'm curious as to why the general consensus is that it would never show up in the form we've seen in drawings, etc... As if to say that if it DID at some point get a green light, it would be different that what we've become used to.

Is it a space thing? Did they find flaws with some of the attractions/ideas? Is it money (stupid question)?

It's always money, to some extent.:lol:
Mostly, though, it's just that the decision was made to incorporate mythical animals into the park's other lands, rather than devote a land to them by themselves. Simple as that. Hence Everest.

Mufasa's Pride

Wow, I read these forums everyday but haven't posted in forever....

...I no longer work there so I have no idea on the intricacies now underway, but the area for Australia has been zoned and the planning was done several years ago, but after '01 and the travel business, among other things, even though it's better now, a lot of their projects were put on hold. Amidst all of the rumors with no ground, my comment is based on having done management planning in DAK. But, I'm a free man so I can spill anything! :)
Futurepres, could you tell us what some of proposed attractions and animals were?

fizzle75

According to Jim Hill(yeah,I know) since AK is staying open longer and it is the only park without some kind of night time extravaganza WDW Imagineering is considering a nighttime lantern light parade for the park. According to Jim Hill(yeah,yeah...I know, I know!) it is being created by Steve Davison the guy who created Wishes. Also according to Jim Hill( YES, I KNOW, SO PLEASE STOP BADGERING ME!!!)it could debut as soon as late 2007 or early 2008.

I seem to remember reading about this somewhere else too but I'm not quite sure where...but then again their source could have been Jim Hill Media as well. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do ya' think it will happen?

fizzle75

i heard they are putting a wand up next to the tree.....

apparentlly its to help users identify that it is a disney park :lol:

Oh no, not again. Did I miss some kind of fine print when I joined WDWMagic that states that EVERY...SINGLE... THREAD must contain at least one WAND BASHING?:confused:

Oh..and for the record...I think the tree of life would look TOTALLY AWESOME with a WAND and a BIG SORCERER'S HAT on top!:rolleyes: :D

WDWFigment

According to Jim Hill(yeah,I know) since AK is staying open longer and it is the only park without some kind of night time extravaganza WDW Imagineering is considering a nighttime lantern light parade for the park. According to Jim Hill(yeah,yeah...I know, I know!) it is being created by Steve Davison the guy who created Wishes. Also according to Jim Hill( YES, I KNOW, SO PLEASE STOP BADGERING ME!!!)it could debut as soon as late 2007 or early 2008.

I seem to remember reading about this somewhere else too but I'm not quite sure where...but then again their source could have been Jim Hill Media as well. Can anyone shed some light on this? Do ya' think it will happen?

I won't even touch upon the JHM part of this post since everyone loves to hate him, but a night time attraction there would make sense since they're trying to make all four parks 'all day'.

If they wanted a cool attraction for Australia, how about this "Countdown to Extinction: Killing all of the stingrays in honor of Steve Irwin" The title is a bit long, but it could be like Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, except you shoot stingrays! They could even have Irwin quips in car each time you made a good shot!

fizzle75

I won't even touch upon the JHM part of this post since everyone loves to hate him, but a night time attraction there would make sense since they're trying to make all four parks 'all day'.

If they wanted a cool attraction for Australia, how about this "Countdown to Extinction: Killing all of the stingrays in honor of Steve Irwin" The title is a bit long, but it could be like Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, except you shoot stingrays! They could even have Irwin quips in car each time you made a good shot!

CRIKEY!!! That sounds horrible!!!:eek:

Mufasa's Pride

A serious Steve Irwin attraction would be great, though. I know it would be hard to create it now he....well...bit the dust, but a think a well known animal ambassador, like Jack Hanna or Irwin, should be represented in the park (kind of like Bill Nye in Energy). I know some don't like the newer Energy, but in its prime, it was pretty awesome.

MJMcBride

The one's I've seen are the lantern light parade

a new merlin show with a walking dragon to replace Pocohontas

a floating character meal

a grizzly bear exhibit around a mountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom