Animal Kingdom Rumors?

fizzle75

As much as I love Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic I would love to see what kind of nighttime extravaganza the Disney Imagineers could come up with without the use of fireworks.

MJMcBride

Exactly. My parents used to live near a fairground that had several large fireworks displays each year until some judge ordered them to stop because of noise concerns. The redesigned show that they did after sorting things out with the neighbors was much quieter (more "pops" and "thuds" instead of ground-shaking "booms"), but no less spectacular (or so I was told anyway).

But even pops and thuds could effect some animals. The fact is some animals are much more effected by noise than others.

JML42691

That's kinda hard to keep track of even for a company as large as Disney.
It would be hard to keep track of, ecspecially when only a rumor. For all Disney would know a person online made a lucky guess and was right. And if the person that posted it was told the rumor/fact from the ex-employee in person and then had it posted online, then it would be nearly impossible to track the person down as they would need to find a way to gain access to this site to find out the IP address. Then find and contact the poster in person and that person wouldn't have to tell Disney anything as Disney couldn't easily legally force them to tell as it wouldn't be government info leaked and the person could claim that they guessed that it might be something that will happen in Disney and have been lucky and have guessed correctly.

JML42691

I think that a night-time show is needed but the noise and several other factors MUST be looked into so the welfare of the animals is protected. If you look at a show like BraviSEAmo at Disney Sea, you would get a good example of a night-time show that attracts thousands, is entertaining, and does not use excessively loud fireworks or pyrotechnics. Another similar example is FANTASMIC! which uses some but not extremely loud pyrotechnics. A show that I have in mind would take place on the body of water between Asia and DinoLand (I think it is/was called Discover Bay). A small island that could be used for a stage could be built in the center with other smaller islands surrounding it that could be used for many things such as Fountains, water screens(like in FANTASMIC!), fireballs, and small fireworks. It could involve some or all of those things. Trees could be removed along the DinoLand pathway to allow more viewing spots. The show could be acted out like in FANTASMIC! and could be based along a theme of a Disney animal movie or attraction. The movie that I had in mind was Brother Bear. If fireworks were to be used then "burry" animal figures could be projected onto the smoke durng the transformation segment to add a cool effect. This is only what I had in mind but I think that it would make a great addition to the park and not rely on Beastly Kingdom being built like in some previous ideas. I think that there might be an Imagineer building in me.

Tim G

For the record; Beastly Kingdom(me) was fact. Not rumour. It wasn`t built, and is very unlikely ever to be in any form resembling the original ideas.
For the record... It only existed on the drawing board... concepts... and shelfed..

Once in a while they take "parts" from that shelf... redesign it and see what happens... something like Everest... :D

Which had nothing to do with the original design... but it gave new ideas...

Tim G

Anyone know where Lucky the Dinosaur as been visiting lately? Or if/when he'll be back to AK? I was amazed when I saw him on the Travel Channel WDW special.
Lucky isn't going anywhere...
He's still at R&D in Glendale, Ca. in pieces... for research reasons... :D

JML42691

Lucky isn't going anywhere...
He's still at R&D in Glendale, Ca. in pieces... for research reasons... :D
From what I have heard from a TV Program later last year (I forget what channel) Lucky was only an experiment for future technology. They said that he was only temporary but was a success for the experiment and future Disney technology:D .

WDWGuide

I'll be brief:

Because it would interfere with animal welfare, there will NEVER be fireworks at DAK.

thank you, come again.

I am pretty sure there have been ground-level fireworks at the AK for press events. And I reiterate that there are means to launch spectacular aerial fireworks visible from the Animal Kingdom that the animals would barely or not all all perceive if the company wanted to do so.

Tim G

YES - NO - YES - NO - YES - NO...

Cut it out guys...
002.gif

jedimaster1227

You can go ahead and close this Thread for a couple of years, because the future aint too bright in the Animal Kingdom.

Well if these rumors about a fireworks show are true then it may very well be a bright future for AK... :hammer: :ROFLOL: :hammer:

A fireworks show at AK is as likely as the full revival of the Beastly Kingdom project... :shrug:

JML42691

I am pretty sure there have been ground-level fireworks at the AK for press events. And I reiterate that there are means to launch spectacular aerial fireworks visible from the Animal Kingdom that the animals would barely or not all all perceive if the company wanted to do so.
I do remember pictures somewhere about small, ground level fireworks for press events. As much as I would like a firework show or some type of night-time show, it probably wouldn't happen primarily on the ALF system (or is it AFL, air launched firing or air fired launch?). This procedure that you are talking about with fireworks does reduce the sound level somewhat, but it does not eliminate the loudest part of a firework which is the in air explosion. You are thinking of the initial blast of Illuminations where the launch of the red firework is not seen or heard. Although Disneyland uses this system to reduce sound, it only reduced it slightly and was put into place after numerous complaints by people that lived close to Dineyland. The loudest part of the show is still remaining. This system was disigned more in the idea of a cool, more realistic effect than being designed to reduce sound. And this system is not capable of firing ground level blasts as these shots like the ones from press events explode the second that they leave the motar tube. But because they do not go extremely high into the air and becasue they would probably be over water (if the show were to take place over Discovery Bay like I said in an earlier post) then the shots would not pose any physical harm to the animals. So I have to agree with you that Animal Kingdom does need a night-time outdoor concluding show and that it would probably involve fireworks and if the management wanted this then they would take the steps to making the show safe for the animals' welfare (by means of soundproofing and other ways). I still think that the show should take place over Discovery Bay where there is no animals that would be in the immediate vicinity.

JML42691

You can go ahead and close this Thread for a couple of years, because the future aint too bright in the Animal Kingdom.
If you do not want to have to view this thread than please do not view it and skip right over it. And I do believe that the future might be quiet in the immeditate future, but that it only after th $100,000,000 project that was just completed in the park (Expedition Everest). This was the single biggest price tag for a single attraction for this park since it opened in the late '90s. As soon as the park's funding grows, we can expect to see many new things (though probably not the original Beastly Kingdom plan as the ideas and plans have grown old).

imagineersrock

If you do not want to have to view this thread than please do not view it and skip right over it. And I do believe that the future might be quiet in the immeditate future, but that it only after th $100,000,000 project that was just completed in the park (Expedition Everest). This was the single biggest price tag for a single attraction for this park since it opened in the late '90s. As soon as the park's funding grows, we can expect to see many new things (though probably not the original Beastly Kingdom plan as the ideas and plans have grown old).
Agreed...

Let's not forget about the new Asian restaurant on the way, then after that I doubt there will be any big additions anytime too soon, however I think we'll probably see some smaller additions and overall TLC of what we've already got.

For example, the rumored changes taking place at Safaris... (Speaking of which- for those of you who enjoy the current script/storyline, enjoy it while you can!)

Im thinking if this new Water show at Cali. Adventures goes well they might try to bring something liek that to animal kingdom, I mean lasers and water and ground affects can do some pretty awesome things now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom