Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14TH

I arrived at my destination in no time at all!!
IMG_1165.JPEG

Wait times were very high.
IMG_1167.JPEG

It was 4:45 and I was meeting a friend there at 5:30. There wasn't enough time for me to go on anything so instead I went to......
IMG_1168.JPEG

Are you surprised??🤣
IMG_1169.JPEG

Cheers!!
IMG_1170.JPEG

I met my friend, A, on Sunset Blvd where we sat & talked for a few hours while her family went on rides. It was so nice to sit & talk for so long!! You may remember her. She's been in a few of my other TR's!!
IMG_1173.JPEG

As we were leaving A, her husband & I stopped to get some pics. You might be wondering about the "I'm Celebrating" prop?? They had broke the news to me that they were moving from Pittsburgh to Florida--the next month!! I was super happy for them but selfishly sad that they would be moving. It was always their dream to move to Florida & they were so excited that it would soon be a reality!!
IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

One last look(for now) at HS.
IMG_1177.JPEG

On the way out I stopped to buy this for A--my niece not my friend A!! I know, this is getting confusing!! We would be in Disney for her actual birthday & I thought she might like these!!
IMG_1178.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 15TH

I headed out early for my walk. Gosh, doesn't this look like Riverside?? 😊 😊 😊
IMG_1189.JPEG

IMG_1190.JPEG

I tried to get us a boarding group but was not successful👎
IMG_1191.PNG

Here's where I was successful though!! I went to the pro shop to see if I could get a tee time for R & JC for at some point during our trip. R had really been harping on me b/c he really wanted to play that course. R is a huge golfer and usually golfs between 2-3 times a week here in the summer. I had been unsuccessful in getting him a tee time prior to this. I think I mentioned earlier but the big problem was that the other Disney courses were pretty much closed for most of the time we were there due to outings/events. But--I was successful!! I got him & JC a 6:45 tee time for Sunday morning!! Yay for me, right?? Not so much so. R was not happy about such an early tee time. JC was beyond excited though!!
IMG_1194.JPEG

When I got back the kiddos were ready & raring to go!!
IMG_1197.JPEG

We headed to the bus stop around 8:30. Now, you all know I walk all the time but let me tell you, by the end of the week I was tired of this walk. It is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from the treehouses to one of the bus stops at Saratoga. The summer heat definitely added to it. I have to say though that I would stay there again b/c it's that nice. I also noticed that there aren't a lot of people walking around the treehouse villa section so most likely most of them have cars so that's not an issue for them. I guess they're smarter than we are!!;)
IMG_1198.JPEG

Here we go down the long & winding road......(any Beatles fans out there??)
IMG_1199.JPEG

R--happy that I got him a tee time, but not thrilled with the time, was busy watching the golfers while we waited for the bus. We went to The Grandstand again.
IMG_1203.JPEG

Perfect bus for our trip to HS!!
IMG_1206.JPEG

So, all the kids wanted to go to RNRC first. We ended up getting to the park at 10 & the lines were already very long. We were all good with doing single rider except........
IMG_1209.JPEG

I was quite the surprised the way this turned out!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 15TH

So, A was bawling that she was scared to ride single rider. J--who had never been on there was ok to do it though!! Way to go J!!-for now 🤣 E sat out. I think she felt bad for R(who has never been on it a day in his life BTW:rolleyes:) who doesn't go on things that go upside down.
Anyhow, as we were walking away & A was bawling b/c she was afraid to do single rider the CM from that lane must have took pity on her b/c he said we could all go through the FP(it was still called that back in July🤣) lane!! So unnecessary yet so nice of him!!
IMG_1213.JPEG

Max--do you think that little girl is crashing our photo??;)

J started getting very nervous when we got here & finally said that he didn't want to ride. My sister, C, took him out through the "chicken exit" when the time came.
IMG_1216.JPEG

It wouldn't have mattered anyways b/c the ride shut down just as we were getting ready to board!!
IMG_1217.JPEG

Notice the maintenance crew??

In hindsight, I'm glad that J bailed when he did. Nothing worse than him going to get on it for the first time & end up having it go down as you're getting ready to board. It would probably scar him forever!!
IMG_1218.JPEG

We were taken down this hallway & given FP's to be able to return if the ride came back up that day.
IMG_1219.JPEG

With that disappointment it was time to drown our sorrows!!
IMG_1221.JPEG

How about this family photo!!
IMG_1226.JPEG

And we got our favorite table in one of our favorite places!!
IMG_1227.JPEG

IMG_1229.JPEG

IMG_1230.JPEG

Songbird76

THURSDAY, JULY 15TH

I headed out early for my walk. Gosh, doesn't this look like Riverside?? 😊 😊 😊
View attachment 608954

View attachment 608955

I tried to get us a boarding group but was not successful👎
View attachment 608956

Here's where I was successful though!! I went to the pro shop to see if I could get a tee time for R & JC for at some point during our trip. R had really been harping on me b/c he really wanted to play that course. R is a huge golfer and usually golfs between 2-3 times a week here in the summer. I had been unsuccessful in getting him a tee time prior to this. I think I mentioned earlier but the big problem was that the other Disney courses were pretty much closed for most of the time we were there due to outings/events. But--I was successful!! I got him & JC a 6:45 tee time for Sunday morning!! Yay for me, right?? Not so much so. R was not happy about such an early tee time. JC was beyond excited though!!
View attachment 608957

When I got back the kiddos were ready & raring to go!!
View attachment 608958

We headed to the bus stop around 8:30. Now, you all know I walk all the time but let me tell you, by the end of the week I was tired of this walk. It is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way from the treehouses to one of the bus stops at Saratoga. The summer heat definitely added to it. I have to say though that I would stay there again b/c it's that nice. I also noticed that there aren't a lot of people walking around the treehouse villa section so most likely most of them have cars so that's not an issue for them. I guess they're smarter than we are!!;)
View attachment 608959

Here we go down the long & winding road......(any Beatles fans out there??)
View attachment 608961

R--happy that I got him a tee time, but not thrilled with the time, was busy watching the golfers while we waited for the bus. We went to The Grandstand again.
View attachment 608962

Perfect bus for our trip to HS!!
View attachment 608963

So, all the kids wanted to go to RNRC first. We ended up getting to the park at 10 & the lines were already very long. We were all good with doing single rider except........
View attachment 608964

I was quite the surprised the way this turned out!!
Um....why doesn't R get his OWN T-time?

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yay!! Me too!!

Um....why doesn't R get his OWN T-time?
In all fairness to him I said I would take care of it b/c I have an AP & he doesn't. By me booking it, even though I wasn't playing, my AP discount could be applied. It was quite the savings too. The round of golf would have cost $126 each but with the discount it came down to $76 each.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 15TH

So, you know how you could go through this door into Sci-Fi & use the bathrooms?? Not anymore. We were told that we weren't allowed & besides the ones outside were closer than the Sci-Fi ones :rolleyes: Not quite but why argue the point.
IMG_1232.JPEG

So, some of the group went outside to the "closer" bathrooms.
IMG_1233.JPEG

While we were sitting there A asked me how their cat was. For the first week that they were down there I was taking care of their cat. She started getting very emotional & crying b/c she missed her. She said this was the last time she would go away for 2 weeks in a row b/c it was just too long to be away from the cat!!
IMG_1231.JPEG

Meanwhile, R & JC had an appointment to get to. JC really wanted to make a light saber & you could only have 1 person go with you. He asked R b/c he knows he's a big Star Wars fan & he thought he would enjoy it.
IMG_1339.JPEG

IMG_1343.JPEG

IMG_1344.JPEG

IMG_1776.JPEG

They both really enjoyed it & said it was a really neat experience!!
IMG_1235.JPEG

Another fun time at Baseline!!
IMG_8668.JPEG

lindawdw

That's too bad about RNRC breaking down right before getting on but hopefully you were able to use the FP's for later! Poor A is having a tough day with being scared of the singe rider line and missing her cat. 😿 Your Baseline T-shirts are so adorable, and it really is the perfect respite when in DHS! We must go there together one of these days! That is a big difference in the price to golf with your AP discount!

amjt660

Premium Member
Max--do you think that little girl is crashing our photo??;)

1) clearly in the photo - check
2) not meant to be in the photo- check
3) looking right at the camera - check
4) doing something funny or goofy - nope

So I give it 3 stars out 4 on the Max's Photo Bombing Scale!!

(and 6:45 tee times are the best - up and out on the course before it gets too hot - usually a quick round because the peeps that golf early are usually the ones that know what they are doing)

Max

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love the photo with all of the Baseline shirts! Way to represent! 🍻
Thanks!! Wait until you see the kids in theirs!! 🤣
Wow - that’s a great discount!
Yes--definitely worth using the AP!! And even though JC was planning on paying for his golf R paid for him so it was a great savings to him!! And they had a wonderful time!!
That's too bad about RNRC breaking down right before getting on but hopefully you were able to use the FP's for later! Poor A is having a tough day with being scared of the singe rider line and missing her cat. 😿 Your Baseline T-shirts are so adorable, and it really is the perfect respite when in DHS! We must go there together one of these days! That is a big difference in the price to golf with your AP discount!
We did!! I'm really glad that J bailed before that happened though--he might have been scarred for life & never would have given it a chance!! A had some tougher days ahead(which I know you're aware of;)). They're in Disney right now & I am taking care of the cat again. I sent them a pic of her eating out of my hand & A started getting upset b/c, "Delilah never eats out of my hand.":oops::oops::oops:
Baseline is an awesome spot to relax at!! It would be awesome if we could go TOGETHER!!
The morning of their golf extravaganza ended up being a s*** show for the rest of us but they had fun!! Hopefully, I can get to that soon!!
1) clearly in the photo - check
2) not meant to be in the photo- check
3) looking right at the camera - check
4) doing something funny or goofy - nope

So I give it 3 stars out 4 on the Max's Photo Bombing Scale!!

(and 6:45 tee times are the best - up and out on the course before it gets too hot - usually a quick round because the peeps that golf early are usually the ones that know what they are doing)
So, basically it was luck the way that worked out??

As much as R was not happy with the time he was thrilled at the end of it all!! I think he just didn't like the thought of having to get up that early on vacation. Once he did it though he was happy. Both him & JC had a wonderful time!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 15TH

At this point the kids had their fill of Baseline but the adults didn't!! I took one for the team & said I would take them on Smuggler's Run. We had to switch bands around b/c we were using the FP's that we were given from RNRC going down.
IMG_1241.JPEG

Aunt Patti having fun with her nieces & nephews!!
IMG_1244.JPEG

IMG_1246.JPEG

I really like these next 2 photos!!
IMG_1247.JPEG

IMG_1249.JPEG

A & I sat across from each other. We were in the middle seat. Help me out, what part did we play then?? I'm still not up to date on the Star Wars lingo!!
IMG_1251.JPEG

I do know that J was a pilot though!!
IMG_1252.JPEG

E was in the back. I didn't get a pic but JC was a pilot along with J!!
IMG_1256.JPEG

We had fun & grabbed this pic after. I can't quite remember why A didn't want to get in on it--maybe still crying about the cat??
IMG_1261.JPEG

And look what C got us while sitting at Baseline!!😊
IMG_1262.PNG

lindawdw

I will once again echo Swissmiss on saying what an awesome Aunt you are Patti! It's so nice that you have created those memories with your nieces and nephews. 🥰 I miss the days of being able to get a virtual boarding pass for ROTR.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: you are one AWESOME aunt 😊
Thank you!! They are awesome kids!!
I will once again echo Swissmiss on saying what an awesome Aunt you are Patti! It's so nice that you have created those memories with your nieces and nephews. 🥰 I miss the days of being able to get a virtual boarding pass for ROTR.
Thank you!! They are a lot of fun!! I totally agree with you!!
Just showed DH your pics of Baseline...definitely going to give it a try!
It's so nice to sit there and relax for a bit!!
Hi Patti
You and A were gunners

(fire the laser!!)

Austin Powers Movie GIF

E was the engineer in the back row (responsible for picking up the cargo)

J and JC were pilots

(hope that helps)

Max
Thanks Max!! That helped out a ton!!
You truly are the sweetest aunt ever!
Thank you!! You're too kind!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom