Trip Report "And The Award For The Most Dramatic Goes To....."

Hi Friends!! Here I go again....with the sincere intent of not taking anywhere near as long as I did with the last one. To help with that I was going through my pics & seeing what I could eliminate & what really wouldn't be important to this. The sad thing is I took really good notes for this trip but in the interest of this TR not taking me 6 months to finish I may cut back a little on photos or commentary. Alright, enough said. Let me get moving with this!!

WHO:
Yes, it's going to be one of my more confusing TR's b/c there were 9 of us!! Sorry, I know I did that to you a few years back too!! The good news is you have met all of us except 1 before so hopefully it will be a bit easier this time around!!

There's my sister C & her husband, D. Their daughters are A(birthday button) & E(to my left). I assume you all remember R? And of course, you know E & J!! One of our nephews, JC(in the red) wanted to join us on the trip. We had the room so his mom(my sister) told him she would buy his airfare for his birthday but he was on his own for park tickets and spending money. He agreed & was added on to the trip!!
IMG_1072.JPG

Here's a more typical family picture that you're used to seeing from us🤣🤣🤣
IMG_1406.JPEG

WHERE:
Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villa
IMG_0960.JPEG

WHEN:
Tuesday, July 13th-Tuesday, July 20th for E, J, R, JC & myself
D, C, E, & A got there a week before us & stayed off property at their timeshare. They met us on the 13th & returned home on the 20th with us.

REASON FOR THE TITLE:
You'll see......

I dropped everyone off & parked the car. We met up at Penn Brewery for lunch.
IMG_0928.JPEG

R had gone to Hudson News for something & was irritated that they had to give him his change back in all nickels. They blamed it on the coin shortage.
IMG_0929.JPEG

I got grilled cheese with sauerkraut as my side. JC got grilled cheese but he added bacon to it. He said it was excellent!!
IMG_0930.JPEG

J got pretzel sticks & E got a salad. Not sure what R got & I didn't take a picture.
IMG_0932.JPEG

We all(the adults, that is) had some beers!!
IMG_0933.JPEG

JC(since his flight was booked later than ours) was on his own reservation. He lucked out by getting an A boarding group!!
IMG_0934.JPEG

R went with E & J for family boarding.
IMG_0935.JPEG

While I had to wait for B42.

slipperalwaysfits

Apologies for just NOW catching up about eight months later! In my defense, I guess I'm only 5 months behind, lol.
A great TR and I'm so glad we were able to meet up!! :)
Teppan Edo it was!!
This is one of our faves on property! I LOVE their rice!

. Even though it was fun it probably wasn't a good idea. We all got eaten up pretty good by some kind of bug. It was super annoying!!
We're twins. I am ALWAYS getting eaten alive...that's why I wear long sleeve/pants everything lol.
Lunch was at Satu'li Canteen.
Another one of our faves. You and J will have to split the blueberry cheesecake next time.
Remember how I mentioned about getting bit by some kind of bug? I had bite marks everywhere. This picture doesn't even do it justice. They were awful & itched like crazy. It took a good 3 weeks for them to go away!
I TRULY feel your pain. This has happened to me more than once and pretty much EVERYWHERE.
I was excited to eat at Cape May b/c I had never tried it before!!
This is on my list....I'm glad the food is good. I'm a seafood queen so I'm looking forward to eating here (someday, seeing as how S hates seafood, it may be a looonnnnggg time).
JC was still eating the mac & cheese and she took that away also!!
HE WAS STILL EATING??!! Most waitstaffs ask if you're done or not! :eek: I know she might have been overwhelmed but let us finish our food!
BTMRR's wait had gone down quite a bit so we went there next. It was at this point that we met up with R & JC. JC told me that R doesn't know his way around the park!!
This is pretty funny. You need to train him @riverside ! 😍 😍
Again, we were stopped multiple times for extended periods of time.
This happened to us a lot in July and November. Those playful spooks are having a lot of fun lately!:banghead::eek::oops:
I had a martini. They make very good martinis there!!
I will have to remember this. The Enchanted Rose is my favorite but I'm never sure what to get there.. 😍 😍
Notice we all have our masks on? Back in July the only time you had to wear them was when you were on Disney transportation. That changed by August for our next trip.
Yes, so many mask mandates changed like crazy in the last six months of 2021, it was hard to keep up.
Yes, I know I'm wearing my Baseline shirt again but remember, there is a washer & dryer in the treehouses!!
I don't think a "Washer and dryer in the treehouse" were part of the idea for treehouses some 200 years ago (or a million years ago). So it's funny to hear you say that!
It was getting to be time for dinner which was perfect b/c it looked like it was going to storm any minute. Which it did--all through dinner!!
I just love it when the storm timing works out like this on our trips! #blessedbytheraingods. 🤩
It's fun seeing what you guys did and comparing it to where we were in the parks ar the same time!
SO MUCH THIS! Yes, it was so fun to see where you were each day and what you experienced/lines, restaurants etc.
I had been texting with another magician who happened to be staying at OKW so she came to the main building to meet!! I had the pleasure of meeting @slipperalwaysfits!! We talked for a bit outside then we went inside so she could meet the rest of the group.
YES! I am so glad we got to meet up! I would have talked to you so much longer but didn't want to keep you from your family! Hopefully we will get to meet again one of these days!! If only I could ever talk Steven into a Spring Break trip...
I had the banana bread french toast. Delicious!!!
YES, I had this for breakfast our first day of the July trip and I agree: simply delicious! I would totally eat it again!

Your posts from BASELINE make me in serious need of a golden ale and a fantastic charcuterie board!

How many days until I go back? 🤩 o_O

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Apologies for just NOW catching up about eight months later! In my defense, I guess I'm only 5 months behind, lol.
A great TR and I'm so glad we were able to meet up!! :)
Thanks & I'm really happy that it worked out also!!
We're twins. I am ALWAYS getting eaten alive...that's why I wear long sleeve/pants everything lol.
Those bites were nasty. I came home with a few on my latest trip but nowhere near as bad as that time!
HE WAS STILL EATING??!! Most waitstaffs ask if you're done or not! :eek: I know she might have been overwhelmed but let us finish our food!
It was very bizarre!!
I don't think a "Washer and dryer in the treehouse" were part of the idea for treehouses some 200 years ago (or a million years ago). So it's funny to hear you say that!
🤣 🤣 🤣
Your posts from BASELINE make me in serious need of a golden ale and a fantastic charcuterie board!
I could go for that right now!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom