An Official September 2008 thread

Mickey&Minnie

Like everyone else we are waiting on the phone waiting ever so patiently.

Just wanted to know who else is going in September and taking part in the free dining offer.

fredtom

We're 23 days away from arriving at OKW for six nights, then onto BWV for six more!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0
I'm doing the same thing...I'm looking at the storm updates about 4 times a day...trying to stay positive though.

As far as Hanna goes...historically, storms that form and take the projected path as this, get pushed E or NE before they hit the U.S. - so that's something to remember. Keeping our fingers crossed!!! :lookaroun

Thanks for the reminder! ALL FINGERS CROSSED here.
:)

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Well, my boss today says he wants to have an all team meeting in Tampa somtime the week of 9/22

I also have 14 vacation days left, of which I must use 6 1/2 by the end of the year or I loose them.

I smell WDW trip :) Just have to hope I can get a room somewhere. Just need my boss to set the dates of the meeting, then I can schedule.

-dave

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

We'll be there in ten days and are watching weather websites obsessively. Is anyone else worried about the lurking storms? Specifically, do you think Hannah is going to slam Orlando?

Maybe I'm just too much of a worry wart.

I have been watching "Hanna" since it was just a tropical storm. All the tracking maps with the "CONE OF UNCERTAINTY" just makes my anxiety level go through the roof.

Upvote 0

knnyrobb

9 days for us! We are so excited we have made it to the single digits. :sohappy: We are just really hoping that storms stay away! Guess we better pack the ponchos just in case.

Upvote 0

RebeccaMA

Definitely pack those ponchos! We are 14 days away now! Finished my shopping last night. Got my disposable cameras, my travel sized toiletries, and shoes for the airport. LOL! Now I just have to see how I'm going to cram all this stuff into our luggage!!
I figure if I do need the ponchos then maybe at least the weather will keep some of the crowds down, just as long as our flight still goes okay, that's all I care about.

Upvote 0

Dutchie

Only 5 more days

:sohappy: Almost done with the packing, only one more day off work left, can't wait to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Turcicus

We'll be there in ten days and are watching weather websites obsessively. Is anyone else worried about the lurking storms? Specifically, do you think Hannah is going to slam Orlando?

Maybe I'm just too much of a worry wart.

It looks like Hanna is just going to graze Florida before it comes north. But all models I've seen so far have it over my area on Saturday, which is when our flight is due to leave for Orlando!! :(:mad:

Upvote 0

UberPlannerMom

It looks like Hanna is just going to graze Florida before it comes north. But all models I've seen so far have it over my area on Saturday, which is when our flight is due to leave for Orlando!! :(:mad:

Good luck! That makes for probably the only reason I am happy to live in the center of the country away from water. By the time hurricanes get to us they are nothing more than a way to water the corn!

I was freaking for a while that a storm would come during our trip but no more! I am just telling myself that if one comes it will just mean that there might be fewer people at the park!:p

Upvote 0

RebeccaMA

I was freaking for a while that a storm would come during our trip but no more! I am just telling myself that if one comes it will just mean that there might be fewer people at the park!:p

I'm starting to feel the same way. The way they are predicting these storms it seems like anyone who goes in September at all is likely to see some rain.

Upvote 0

Polyman

Rain or shine, this September is an excellent month to visit the World. Why? Because the projected attendance figures for September are very dismal. This is direct from management. The figures are so bad that CM's are being offered a 60% discount on room reservations for the month of September. Also, management is almost begging us to ask for time off this month. This time off request even includes already scheduled hours. A request for time off a schedule that has already been released is NEVER granted, until now.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Rain or shine, this September is an excellent month to visit the World. Why? Because the projected attendance figures for September are very dismal. This is direct from management. The figures are so bad that CM's are being offered a 60% discount on room reservations for the month of September. Also, management is almost begging us to ask for time off this month. This time off request even includes already scheduled hours. A request for time off a schedule that has already been released is NEVER granted, until now.

Enjoy!
:sohappy: Sept 16-23. But maybe I should add a couple days to the trip :drevil:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom