An Invasion

MKCustodial

Originally posted by mktiggerman

yeah! yeah! yeah!!!

how about...

"I will eat your children if you don't stop"

hahahahaha!

Vou comer suas crianças se vocês não pararem!

Is that children as in general youngsters or as sons and daughters? Cause it'd be different then.

Debbie

I just had a thought (some would say dream): I think it would be cool if Disney added South America as the next addition to EPCOT. It would be so nice to 'visit' Brazil, Argentina, etc. I know the South American countries could not afford to sponser something like this, but it would be nice if Disney built it on their own. Think of the opportunities it could hold for South American students who could work in their respective countries and get the experience of living abroad! It probably would be a lifetime opportunity for them. And folks like myself could learn about the whole continent.
I know alot of you must think I have been smoking something or have contracted West Nile, but this would be a great thing for Disney to do.

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by MKCustodial

Vou comer suas crianças se vocês não pararem!

Is that children as in general youngsters or as sons and daughters? Cause it'd be different then.

Sons and daughters, definitely. Knowing Rob, if he's insulting someone, he'd want to make it as personal as possible. ;) :lol:

Kingy

I've only just got the chance to catch up on this thread and was very interested in the attendance figures for the various countries quoted in the first post.

Now I understand why when I'm standing in line thousands of miles from home I come across probably the last nationality I would want to meet - English people:animwink: .

I don't mean to be rude to the poor sunburnt sweaty Englanders (mainly because I'm one myself:eek: ) but I revel in the fact that I'm miles from home in a foreign land full of foreign people enjoying the escapism of Disney. So when I hear that accent and see Mr & Mrs Smith with their two little darlings from jolly old England its a bit of a jolt back to reality :( .

This post isn't meant to be taken too seriously (we do meet up with fellow UK Disney fans sometimes) but does anyone else get what I mean?:rolleyes:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Kingy
I've only just got the chance to catch up on this thread and was very interested in the attendance figures for the various countries quoted in the first post.

Now I understand why when I'm standing in line thousands of miles from home I come across probably the last nationality I would want to meet - English people:animwink: .

I don't mean to be rude to the poor sunburnt sweaty Englanders (mainly because I'm one myself:eek: ) but I revel in the fact that I'm miles from home in a foreign land full of foreign people enjoying the escapism of Disney. So when I hear that accent and see Mr & Mrs Smith with their two little darlings from jolly old England its a bit of a jolt back to reality :( .

This post isn't meant to be taken too seriously (we do meet up with fellow UK Disney fans sometimes) but does anyone else get what I mean?:rolleyes:

Totally. That happens to Brazilians a lot. I've been to WDW 5 times, and I've ran into people in every one of them, like school buddies or NEIGHBORS!!! :rolleyes:

cymbaldiva

It's pretty kewl when you actually run into people you know at WDW, hate to be cheesy, but it really is a small world after all!

Maria

Originally posted by MKCustodial

Well, that'd be a very posh way to say it. You could say something like:

Vai pro fim da fila!

And also:

Falem baixo! (Lower your voice!)

Não gritem! (Don't yell!)

Parem de gritar! (Stop yelling!)

Não vão entrar na minha frente! (You're not cutting in front of me!)

Anything else?? :animwink:

I just found this thread again! I missed all the arguments... good!

I expereinced brazilian tour groups while I was a cm, and let´s just say they were.... frightenning! :lol: It´s amazing that you hardly see adults in those groups or old people.... it´s mostly young people who are of course, partying! Contrary to other groups like the japanese who are extremely polite and you see the whole family travelling together in silence! Mexicans go on tour groups during the summer, but they are not as noticeable as the brazilians mainly because they are travelling in families too, they look lost and they are following some guide with a flag. (and they are not all dressed with the same t-shirt! :rolleyes: )

Those words are funny Rodrigo! I should have known them before!
I can also say "Paren de gritar" "Paren de cantar" "No griten" "Cállense" "No se cuelen" (don´t cut the line) in Spanish! sounds similar, huh? However, Spanish doesn´t work with brazilians, as I guess Portuguese doesn´t work with mexicans! :animwink: I just decided to run and hide my Christmas storytellers when I saw the whole group approaching! :D :animwink:

Maria

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
It's pretty kewl when you actually run into people you know at WDW, hate to be cheesy, but it really is a small world after all!

While I worked in WDW, none of my friends could travel so I hardly saw anyone I knew there. One of my friends went on honeymoon there and he and his wife went to see me to Epcot one day when I was doing a VIP tour at.... MK! I was sooo bummed! They called me again the next day very early to my apt. but I had to work and couldn´t meet them again.

Another friend of mine went on honeymoon too during Xmas time, and I had no idea she was going there, and while I was working with the Three Wise Men outside the Mexican Pavillion, I all of a sudden hear someone yelling: "Maaaariiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaa!!!". Of course, EVERYBODY turned to see how she ran to me and hugged me! The storytellers cut the story short cause they found it very funny and people stopped paying attention to them and started paying to this two girls chatting a few steps away from them! :D :animwink:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Being a member of FLAUSA, I can tell you that the florida tourism industry is trying to bring more business into Florida by advertising more in the South American Countries.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Being a member of FLAUSA, I can tell you that the florida tourism industry is trying to bring more business into Florida by advertising more in the South American Countries.

We've been receiving e-mails down here with some deals that seem just too farfetched to be true. Now that you're saying this, maybe they are honest deals.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
FLAUSA gets different travel and tourism businesses together to help promote the tourism business for FL. It stands for FLA-florida
USA-United states. If you have been getting deals from FLAUSA, they are on the up and up. If you ever see the KISSIMEE/ST.CLOUD commercials, you will see the FLAUSA logo on the bottom of the screen. They are definately legit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom