An Invasion

MKCustodial

Re: Learn from the pain!

Sorry if anyone got to read this last post of mine, but I started answering as I read and only realized too late that guy's account was suspended...

By the way, thanks for the words of support from all. Brent was afraid that he'd lit a bomb by starting this thread and he even wanted to apologize to me for bringing this delicate subject up (the unruly tour groups and politics and economics) but I told him it was a good idea, we were having a good discussion. When I wake up this morning I see somebody didn't agree with the "good" discussion.

Anyways, Talsonic, I'm impressed! It's rare to find people outside Brazil who can actually quote stuff other than Pelé, soccer and Ayrton Senna. Glad to know you like Tom Jobim. Have you ever been to Corcovado?

dreamer

I think pepole, especially kids, feel like rules don't apply in a faraway place, especially when their parents aren't around. That may account for some of the problem. I remember when I visited DW with friends as a teenager (mid 70's) we would get a little rowdy at times. We were all gringos from Miami -- maybe a few Cubans with us.

By the way, what times of year are Brazilians LEAST likely to visit DW?:D

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I remember them alot in the past when we went in the spring and summer months, and in December one year when I was a kid. In the last few years I've gone in October, and I don't remeber them as many groups, but that could be more attributated to the decline in tourism as state in previous posts.

CrashNet

Good grief...at least he picked the right name for his screenname. Those things he said are really harsh. What kind of person thinks like that? It makes me wonder how old he is and if its just his immaturity showing. Well, at least Steve banned him. I just hope he can block his IP address.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by dreamer
By the way, what times of year are Brazilians LEAST likely to visit DW?:D

The whole year except July, which is the peak season for us (your Summer, our Winter) and the end of the year, December/January, because it's our Summer vacation. Besides that, you're good to go! :lol:

DDPGambit

Originally posted by cac2889
Good grief...at least he picked the right name for his screenname. Those things he said are really harsh. What kind of person thinks like that? It makes me wonder how old he is and if its just his immaturity showing. Well, at least Steve banned him. I just hope he can block his IP address.

Unfortunatly, the IP adress won't matter if Grumpy was on dial-up. Everytime he signs on he is automatically assigned a new IP addy by his ISP.
Let's just hope he never shows up again.

Dwarful

OK getting away from GrumpyOne...I wonder when or IF the Brazilian groups get out of hand.....cutting lines to me is a huge annoyance....why doesn't WDW have CM's, Security etc...remove them for the day? Getting to WDW isn't cheap for anyone...whether your making $10 an hour or $110 an hour. For many its a trip that requires a great deal of planning...repeat calling for cheaper room rates, saving for gas for the family truckster or airline tickets if you are so lucky, park passes, you get the idea. I for one am dreaming of getting to Scotland and Jersey (channel island NOT the state of New Jersey) but that trip is a long way off for me. It is upsetting and annoying to have one person run up to a line and then five minutes later here come 30 people that need to catch up to that one person...to me thats line cutting...I don't mind a parent returning to his/her spot after an emergency trip to the restroom things like that can occasionally be unavoidable.....well, I was just curious as to how WDW does handle complaints of large tour groups.....sorry for ranting!

Don L Duck

Originally posted by Dwarful
I for one am dreaming of getting to Scotland and Jersey (channel island NOT the state of New Jersey) but that trip is a long way off for me.
HEY AND WHATS WRONG WITH THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
WHAT ....DON'T YOU LIKE ARMPITS.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sketch105

IM POSTING this AGAIN because I think my post got lost in the Grumpyone's aftermath:

This is slightly off topic, but:

Now, I have nothing against tour groups, but I was recently at IOA and they had HORDES of these middle schools clogging lines ALL DAY. Going it alone, I saw no reason to stand in line when I could be filling single seats. They need more single riders lines, only slightly hidden so not too many people clog them

Is there anyway to reveal days (like on websites) when these huge school trips are plan, so people who don't want to go can plan around them?

Im not talking about singular tour groups, but when a bunch of local schools plan the same day, there should be something noted on a website somewhere that this is happening.

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Learn from the pain!

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Sorry if anyone got to read this last post of mine, but I started answering as I read and only realized too late that guy's account was suspended...

By the way, thanks for the words of support from all. Brent was afraid that he'd lit a bomb by starting this thread and he even wanted to apologize to me for bringing this delicate subject up (the unruly tour groups and politics and economics) but I told him it was a good idea, we were having a good discussion. When I wake up this morning I see somebody didn't agree with the "good" discussion.

Anyways, Talsonic, I'm impressed! It's rare to find people outside Brazil who can actually quote stuff other than Pelé, soccer and Ayrton Senna. Glad to know you like Tom Jobim. Have you ever been to Corcovado?

Hi MKCustodial. First of all I want to say that I have great sympathy for you folks in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and others in that part of the world. The economy here is the USA has been steadily going downhill since the first quarter of 2000, but we have experienced nothing compared to the political and economic upheaval you have suffered. People here in the USA are very self centered and don't care much about the rest of America as long as it doesn't adversely impact the USA. Heck, most folks in the USA don't even realize that citizens of Brazil are Americans too!

Concerning my post, sadly I have never been to Corcovado Mountain however, O Redentor, que lindo! As you know, I was just trying to point out how some people can be "out of tune" (even those who grew up in a musical family) and suggest a better direction for them to travel. Brazil is a wonderful country and I wish I knew more. I think it would be a great addition to the World Showcase at EPCOT. Bossa-Nova every night at EPCOT, oh how lovely! Oh and Samba dancers!

Also, I don't speak Portuguese, so please excuse any errors. Also, I thought your post was very good.

cymbaldiva

Just to lighten this up a bit, the last time I noticed a problem with teenage groups was in Dec '00 (my last visit :( ) It was with a high school band group - actually, their behavior wasn't that bad, just teenage silliness really, but we were on benches beside them and watched as they made a point to put their trash on the ground as opposed to in a trash can. I guess I should point out that where they put it was right beside the trash can (no, the cans weren't full). I just thought it was rude.

Once again, just my 2 cents! :)

Yellow Shoes

Let's get out our handy translation software.

"Go to the back of the line" in Portuguese is:

Vá à parte traseira da linha

(Please correct and add pronounciation tips MKCustodial. Also other useful phrases.)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Let's get out our handy translation software.

"Go to the back of the line" in Portuguese is:

(Please correct and add pronounciation tips MKCustodial. Also other useful phrases.)

Well, that'd be a very posh way to say it. You could say something like:

Vai pro fim da fila!

And also:

Falem baixo! (Lower your voice!)

Não gritem! (Don't yell!)

Parem de gritar! (Stop yelling!)

Não vão entrar na minha frente! (You're not cutting in front of me!)

Anything else?? :animwink:

Dwarful

Sorry I didn't mean that I have anything against the state of New Jersey or anyone from there....is just doesnt have that special appeal to me the way Jersey (Channel Island) does. I haven't been to NJ or NY for that matter..maybe some day ...but it would have to be after I had my Disney fill....hmmm..is that possible???

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by MKCustodial

Parem de cantar, ou posso virar um canibal e comer vocês. :D
:hammer:

yeah! yeah! yeah!!!

how about...

"I will eat your children if you don't stop"

hahahahaha!

Invero

When I was in Monorails... I was always amazed at how many people they'd cram into a monorail car. Typical capacity is 50... crush (max) capacity is 60... yet, I swear, they'd fit 75-80 in there... LOL :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom