An Idea a day keeps the Doctors Away (Daily Open Brainstorming Prompts)

nol_dur

June 12th
11 Day Streak!

Next goal is 15 days

Previous Day's Pitch

Our goal was to discuss ideas for a 5th gate for WDW. So many great ideas! Port Disney, a Music themed park, and a City themed park full of more mature/acquired IPs.

Going forward, every fifth day will be dedicated to developing this fifth gate project together! Do you want that more often? Less often? Let me know!

Today's Project

Our goal today is dedicated to E3. A video game themed attraction or land or restaurant or whatever for WDW or Disneyland!

Bonus points if it ties into something with some recent E3 news!​
Turn ToonTown into Wasteland from Epic Mickey. Have an interactive shooter game where you decide to use paint or thinner to kill the blots where you take damage. If more people in your ride vehicle decided to use paint you get the good ending, which would be harder to get. If more people in your ride vehicle use thinner then you get the bad ending, easier to get. You can also get the bad ending if you take enough damage from the blots.

Janir

I say turn all of Main Street into Mean Street for Halloween, and the villains, creepy creeps with eerie eyes, and 19th century ghouls come out to take over the street! Everything gets a retheming with plenty of trick-or-treats, and Halloween merch.

-The Disney Villain Story, retelling the creations of beloved badguys from character sketches to final designs, and how they've been adapted in other movies and TV shows.
-Great Moments With Benedict Arnold (muahahahaha!)
-Reincarnation Cafe
-Ghoulish Girl Eye-Scream Parlour
-Happy Halloween Bakery
-Mean Street Market Spookhouse
-The Imp-porium!
Late on this thread, but this is a great idea for an Halloween overlay of Main Street.

Janir

E3,
Does the already existing The VOID count? :p
Return the Sum of All Thrills back to EPCOT. :p

A showcase of new tech in EPCOT? (make Innovations what is was supposed to be and keep up with the new tech//innovations out of E3)
A smattering of various IoT devices and how they work with some device interaction.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Kinda unrealistic since Disney doesn't own the rights, but I would love to see Minecraft incorporated somehow. That game is one of the most influential of our generation, and it has super positive messages about creativity instilled directly in it. Plus, huge adventures to be had with the End and Enderdragon.

I have no idea what park this would fit best in. Maybe Future World, having its own Innovention like area.

I've always thought that the spirit of Minecraft would be great for Disney to partner with! Especially Epcot and Imagination.

A revitalized Imagination Pavilion with a new Figment dark ride and a Minecraft family coaster with dark ride elements.

Miru

Turn ToonTown into Wasteland from Epic Mickey. Have an interactive shooter game where you decide to use paint or thinner to kill the blots where you take damage. If more people in your ride vehicle decided to use paint you get the good ending, which would be harder to get. If more people in your ride vehicle use thinner then you get the bad ending, easier to get. You can also get the bad ending if you take enough damage from the blots.
Cool idea. I like the thought of a third bad ending if you take too much damage, and I could see some extinct and unbuilt attractions made into show scenes.

Last edited:

Imagineer Brandon

how about a wreck it ralph simulator that uses real games as well as the film's games? speed down green hill zone with sonic, avoid ghosts in a maze with pac-man, race through sugar rush, and fight through hoards of cy-bugs in hero's duty. that way you incorporate real video games while having an attraction that fits within a disney park.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
how about a wreck it ralph simulator that uses real games as well as the film's games? speed down green hill zone with sonic, avoid ghosts in a maze with pac-man, race through sugar rush, and fight through hoards of cy-bugs in hero's duty. that way you incorporate real video games while having an attraction that fits within a disney park.
A Star Tours style randomized sequence. Begin in Game Central Station, go to a random console video game, then to a random arcade game, then finish with one of the ganes from the movie. I like it!

Outbound

Could the general aesthetic Cyberpunk 2077 be ported to WDW Tomorrowland? Although it does mess with Walt's original vision for a perfect tomorrow, I think that utopia concept is more appropriate for EPCOT. The modern Tomorrowland is now a future IP world- these attractions could be rethemed to the city. Of course, the darker secrets of the city wouldn't be a part of Disney World, but there are still some cool possibilities with this style. For example, Buzz Lightyear could get City Police theme where you must shoot down some haywire robots!

Miru

As part of the Touchstone City idea, I propose, in addition to the A&E Grand, the Gothic Supreme. A Gothic Revival-themed Hotel on the outskirts of Touchstone City. This hotel contains:

* 3 Restaurants, including a McDonalds.
* Areas for Halloween events.
* A fully-functioning bar.
* THE DUNGEON! Special hotel reservation area for those with a taste for... dark theming.
* Bishop Suites: A set of fancy suites.

Last edited:

MouseMelly

I would love for a DLR resort in the moderate price range.

I think a true Pirates of the Caribbean hotel would be so fun! (More than the room refurb at CBR).

Keep it original to the ride with as little movie references as possible. With the grand exception of Battle for Sunken Treasure underneath the hotel.

Restaurants might be tough with the neighboring Blue Bayou, but I’m thinking a dinner theater where, “We wants the Redhead!” can be seen nightly would draw a good crowd. 😄

PerGron

A New England themed hotel (not Yacht Club) would be a lot of fun.

Could be based on a fishing village with plenty of lighthouses, lobsters traps, and buoys. Old rustic New England fishing buildings could provide a great counterpoint to the fancy nautical buildings and decor set around Yacht and Beach.

If you don’t want to do the nautical theme, a New England village would work super well too. Make it woodsy but lived in, like a sleepy hollow like town. There could be trees that look like it’s always autumn and there could be old buildings as well. Plus, this hotel could be the Halloween capital of Disney since we here in New England love our Halloween. Salem is a bigger attraction in the fall than Boston is year round.

mickeyfan5534

Could be based on a fishing village with plenty of lighthouses, lobsters traps, and buoys. Old rustic New England fishing buildings could provide a great counterpoint to the fancy nautical buildings and decor set around Yacht and Beach.

If you don’t want to do the nautical theme, a New England village would work super well too. Make it woodsy but lived in, like a sleepy hollow like town. There could be trees that look like it’s always autumn and there could be old buildings as well. Plus, this hotel could be the Halloween capital of Disney since we here in New England love our Halloween. Salem is a bigger attraction in the fall than Boston is year round.
Disney’s Cape Cod Resort? I support it.

Miru

I would love for a DLR resort in the moderate price range.

I think a true Pirates of the Caribbean hotel would be so fun! (More than the room refurb at CBR).

Keep it original to the ride with as little movie references as possible. With the grand exception of Battle for Sunken Treasure underneath the hotel.

Restaurants might be tough with the neighboring Blue Bayou, but I’m thinking a dinner theater where, “We wants the Redhead!” can be seen nightly would draw a good crowd. 😄

Sure. We might be wanting something that isn’t just a Good Neighbor. And POTC is s good pick, especially one with fewer movie stuff as opposed to Marc Davis’s vision. And bringing back a DisneyQuest ride, too? Will it be the same as the original or will it be revised?

New England could work as a double-sided Hotel, one half nautical and the other half more of a woodsy Village. Call it “Disney’s First Frontier”. It could easily have a Halloween event or two. Similar to my Supreme Gothic idea, but with two events. One that’s like the Not-so-Scary Halloween Party and one somewhat more intense. Bringing in an outside restaurant associated with the region might be nice. A campground might be a cool addendum to the new resort.
I'd love to see a Tomorrowland-inspired hotel, or one based around the S.E.A. characters.
The Tommorowland hotel sounds nice, so that SW isn’t the only spacey hotel. And maybe the S.E.A. one can bring back the Adventurer’s Club.

Last edited:

Miru

Hey, it's my birthday weekend and I've got some family stuff to do. Can someone take over for prompts the next 2 days? (Friday the 14th and Saturday the 15th)

I volunteer to take over for those days.

12 Day Streak, headed for 15.

Yesterday’s prompt;

Create a new hotel for DL or WDW. Some pretty nice ideas included a two-sided New England resort, the revival of discarded resorts, and a POTC Resort!

Today’s prompt:

One thing Disney pioneered in amusement parks is the parade. Parades have ranged from variably themed character showcases to more original affairs like Tapestry of Dreams. Given that, today’s prompt is to create a new parade for any Disney park. It can be original or the usual character showcase. Parades may be seasonal, permanent, or limited-time-only.

My idea I’d like to throw in is Millennium of Hopes, a spiritual successor to the Tapestry of Dreams. It would feature similar elaborate puppets to its predecessor, alongside a few familiar Disney characters. It would be a seasonal parade operating around New Years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom