An Idea a day keeps the Doctors Away (Daily Open Brainstorming Prompts)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
17 Day Streak
Current Goal is 25 Days!

Alright, here's the goal. We're gonna start a streak of daily brainstorming and we're gonna see how far we can go before we break it! Each day I (or somebody else) will post a simple prompt and we'll work together to figure out a pitch for it!

Just some simple, no commitment, low key group brainstorming. Just for fun.

Our first goal is 10 days in a row without breaking the streak! Once we hit that, we'll make our next goal!

And if anyone wants to help come up with prompts or help with posting the prompts, let me know!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
June 2nd
1 Day Streak

Previous Day's Pitch

This is day one. So, there was no previous day. But, in the future i thought it would be cool to start days with a short 1-2 sentence recap of the previous day's idea.

Today's Project

disneyliveaction-blogroll-1551974003794_1280w.jpg

Bob Iger wants Imagineering to include live action remakes in the parks. What would be the best way to incorporate one (or more) of the live action remakes into WDW?​

DisneyManOne

I can easily see them doing some sort of dark ride based on The Jungle Book. It could be like Na'vi River Journey, with a blend of animatronics and screens, thus immersing guests into the world of the movie. Imagine what animatronics of the realistic-looking animals could look like! Or how about giant animatronic King Louie?

If there's space available in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom, it would be the ideal place to do such a ride. If not, Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom could be used -- or any Adventureland around the world, for that matter. Heck, let's even say that if EPCOT were to add an Indian pavilion, this would be absolutely perfect! The realism of this film's design would work far better than if they based it on the animation.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I can easily see them doing some sort of dark ride based on The Jungle Book. It could be like Na'vi River Journey, with a blend of animatronics and screens, thus immersing guests into the world of the movie. Imagine what animatronics of the realistic-looking animals could look like! Or how about giant animatronic King Louie?

If there's space available in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom, it would be the ideal place to do such a ride. If not, Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom could be used -- or any Adventureland around the world, for that matter. Heck, let's even say that if EPCOT were to add an Indian pavilion, this would be absolutely perfect! The realism of this film's design would work far better than if they based it on the animation.
I was thinking of something along the same lines. The more realistic designs of live action Jungle Book or Lion King might fit Animal Kingdom better than the cartoons. And the giant King Louie would be amazing!

Outbound

Love the Jungle Book attraction idea. It is something I'd like to see despite my overall dislike for the live-action remakes!

Yeah, I still that's the best one, but in an effort to keep the brainstorming, what about a Maleficent attraction of some kind in Fantasyland? It could headline it's own "dark forest" sub-land. Alternatively, headline a Villian's Fifth Gate!

DisneyManOne

Frankly, I think The Jungle Book is the best of the Disney remakes (Cinderella, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo and Aladdin. And technically, I count Maleficent as well.), so I want to see that in the parks over something like Beauty and the Beast.

My overall ranking, from best to worst:

Jungle Book
Cinderella
Dumbo
Aladdin
Maleficent
Beauty and the Beast

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I’d do a Hollywood Studios attraction based around them, featuring not only the live action remakes, but nods to their precursors in the 101 Dalmatians series. I also agree that the Jungle Book boat ride would be amazing.
Hollywood Studios could be a good fit! Possibly even as a theme for a projection show or daytime show in the Fantastic theater. The focus on live action could help represent filmmaking as a whole more (which animation is just a small part of outside of Disnet), but keep thr classic Disney feel. It makes sense.

Love the Jungle Book attraction idea. It is something I'd like to see despite my overall dislike for the live-action remakes!

Yeah, I still that's the best one, but in an effort to keep the brainstorming, what about a Maleficent attraction of some kind in Fantasyland? It could headline it's own "dark forest" sub-land. Alternatively, headline a Villian's Fifth Gate!

I could definitely see Maleficent making a good ride. The movie, for all its ups and downs, had a great atmosphere to it. And good atmosphere tends to be the number one thing that leads to a good attraction.

What do you think would be a cool Maleficent attraction?

My overall ranking, from best to worst:

Jungle Book
Cinderella
Dumbo
Aladdin
Maleficent
Beauty and the Beast
What's always fascinating to me is how different everyone's list always is on this! Everyone seems to like/hate different ones for different reasons.

For me, my list from best to worst is:
Aladdin
Jungle Book
Maleficent
Beauty and the Beast
Dumbo
Cinderella

That's not counting Alice in Wonderland or 101 Dalmatians. And I haven't seen Pete's Dragon.

mickeyfan5534

Hollywood Studios could be a good fit! Possibly even as a theme for a projection show or daytime show in the Fantastic theater. The focus on live action could help represent filmmaking as a whole more (which animation is just a small part of outside of Disnet), but keep thr classic Disney feel. It makes sense.

I could definitely see Maleficent making a good ride. The movie, for all its ups and downs, had a great atmosphere to it. And good atmosphere tends to be the number one thing that leads to a good attraction.

What's always fascinating to me is how different everyone's list always is on this! Everyone seems to like/hate different ones for different reasons.

Aladdin
Jungle Book
Maleficent
Beauty and the Beast
Dumbo
Cinderella

That's not counting Alice in Wonderland or 101 Dalmatians. And I haven't seen Pete's Dragon.
For me it’s
Cinderella
Jungle Book
Aladdin
Maleficent
Dumbo
Beauty and the Beast
Alice in Wonderland

DisneyManOne

Aladdin
Jungle Book
Maleficent
Beauty and the Beast
Dumbo
Cinderella

TBH, I haven't seen Aladdin yet, so its placement is merely a placeholder. I'm very conflicted on whether or not to see it, especially because I don't want to see anything involving Pasek and Paul. But if anything, it may switch places with Dumbo.

And the reason why I placed Maleficent and Beauty and the Beast lowest on the list are because out of all the remakes, these two were the biggest insults to their original source material. Going the Wicked route with the most famous of all Disney villains just did not work; and the mere fact that Beauty and the Beast went out of its way to appease every single nitpick people had about the original -- which only makes bigger plotholes -- and kinda-sorta destroyed the characters of Belle and the Beast (Lindsay Ellis even said it reminded her of their characterization in the DTV sequels) just really didn't do it for me. It missed the point of why the original worked so well and resonates with so many people.

BTW, I wonder...why didn't you like the Cinderella remake?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
TBH, I haven't seen Aladdin yet, so its placement is merely a placeholder. I'm very conflicted on whether or not to see it, especially because I don't want to see anything involving Pasek and Paul. But if anything, it may switch places with Dumbo.

And the reason why I placed Maleficent and Beauty and the Beast lowest on the list are because out of all the remakes, these two were the biggest insults to their original source material. Going the Wicked route with the most famous of all Disney villains just did not work; and the mere fact that Beauty and the Beast went out of its way to appease every single nitpick people had about the original -- which only makes bigger plotholes -- and kinda-sorta destroyed the characters of Belle and the Beast (Lindsay Ellis even said it reminded her of their characterization in the DTV sequels) just really didn't do it for me. It missed the point of why the original worked so well and resonates with so many people.

BTW, I wonder...why didn't you like the Cinderella remake?
I didn't like Cinderella for the same reason I didn't like Beauty and the Beast. Rehash the same plot almost beat for beat. But the things it took out made it worse (no mice scenes makes Cindy look crazy talking to mice) and the things they added also made it worse (making Cinderella a more capable/independent character makes her staying with the abusive family stupid and unbelievable). I rank Beauty and the Beast higher because at least there was some fun in a fan service kind of way. Cinderella didn't even really have that for me.

Of course, i only saw it once in theaters, so maybe I'd like it more if I resaw it.

Edit: and as far as the Lindsay Ellis thing goes, i dont think the probleks she pointed out in that video are unique to Beauty and the Beast. Theg seem pretty prevalent in all the live action ones. It's just that BatB (and in my opinion, Cinderella) did it in a poorly implemented way. Whereas Aladdin and Jungle Book did it more smoothly. Partly because those two were willing to change more of the plot to fit the changes.

DisneyManOne

I didn't like Cinderella for the same reason I didn't like Beauty and the Beast. Rehash the same plot almost beat for beat. But the things it took out made it worse (no mice scenes makes Cindy look crazy talking to mice) and the things they added also made it worse (making Cinderella a more capable/independent character makes her staying with the abusive family stupid and unbelievable). I rank Beauty and the Beast higher because at least there was some fun in a fan service kind of way. Cinderella didn't even really have that for me.

Of course, i only saw it once in theaters, so maybe I'd like it more if I resaw it.

Edit: and as far as the Lindsay Ellis thing goes, i dont think the probleks she pointed out in that video are unique to Beauty and the Beast. Theg seem pretty prevalent in all the live action ones. It's just that BatB (and in my opinion, Cinderella) did it in a poorly implemented way. Whereas Aladdin and Jungle Book did it more smoothly. Partly because those two were willing to change more of the plot to fit the changes.
The problem with Cinderella is that it's a tale told so many times, that after a while, things can start to get repetitive. And frankly, I didn't think that Cinderella in that movie was more capable or independent. If anything, they seemed to have regressed her almost. The 50s Cinderella was already capable and independent enough; it's clear she wasn't a pushover. But the 2015 Cinderella is far more of a pushover. For example, an article from the website MovieBabble said this about the two: "During the climax, the animated Cinderella fought tooth and nail to escape her imprisonment, while [Lily] James waltzes around the attic in a haze. It’s only thanks to the mice intervening that the prince even learns she’s locked up at all."

But, the key element for me that saves it is the mere fact that it is not an insult to the original. It does a good job honoring the legacy of the original, whilst still being relatively modern. I love that the gave the Prince a personality this time around. I love the design of the film. Kenneth Branagh, a legendary film Shakespearean, did a good job with the direction. And despite what I said about the character, Lily James did do a good job as Cinderella. Given that the film has no major plotholes and nitpicks that have been regurgitated time after time (CinemaSins, I'm looking at you), the film does not seem like an attempt to rectify such plotholes, which, as stated earlier, was the reason why I considered Beauty and the Beast to be the worst remake -- because in its half-hearted attempts to rectify them, they only create bigger plotholes. I didn't find anything at all fun about it. Even the fun-as-all-get-out "Be Our Guest" seemed lackluster in comparison to the original.

kmbmw777

June 2nd
1 Day Streak

Previous Day's Pitch

This is day one. So, there was no previous day. But, in the future i thought it would be cool to start days with a short 1-2 sentence recap of the previous day's idea.

Today's Project

disneyliveaction-blogroll-1551974003794_1280w.jpg

Bob Iger wants Imagineering to include live action remakes in the parks. What would be the best way to incorporate one (or more) of the live action remakes into WDW?​
Not going to lie - I haven’t seen a single live action remake yet. Not because I’m opposed to them - I think that they’re fine if executed right, just I haven’t gotten around to it. (Also, because if I’m a movie mood I typically end up just rewatching infinity war.

However, I will definetely contribute more in future days.

Imagineer Brandon

I hate all of these films except The Jungle Book, so I think that was a great choice. Animal Kingdom sounds to me like the best place for it. I think it would be cool to have a compromise between the two styles. Some really elaborate show scenes with one or two big drops to punctuate big moments. I think barely escaping Shere Khan by way of waterfall would be a great, very exciting moment.

Outbound

I think it should be about Splash Mountain levels- thrilling, but retaining a story. It could be themed to a tour "around the jungle" where you meet the various characters of the jungle book. I don't think we necessarily have to follow the story of the jungle book... instead, a different story set within the same universe.
  • You could be on some boat tour promising to show you the Kings of the Jungle, the mystical Elephants. The jungle boat tour is a bit repetitive of Jungle Cruise- but it works well so...
  • You would then be warned of Shrere Khan via projections, sorta like POTC.
  • First animals you'd see are the wolves and Bagheera.
  • After the wolves, you enter into the deep forest and encounter Kaa. As a face animatronic falls down to "bite" you, the boats have their first drop.
  • You fall straight into Baloo's cave, which lightens the mood considerably. He sings "the bare necessities".
  • Next up is King Louie, who has an extended sequence with his song. Louie gets ahold of some fire and lights it, setting off a giant forest fire.
  • The boats try to escape the burning jungle but are stopped by Khan. At the last second, we tumble down a waterfall and escape the evil tiger.
  • At last, we see the mighty Elephants watching over a non-burning part of the jungle. Yayyyyy we survived the second drop!
  • Bagheera watches us depart the boats.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think it should be about Splash Mountain levels- thrilling, but retaining a story. It could be themed to a tour "around the jungle" where you meet the various characters of the jungle book. I don't think we necessarily have to follow the story of the jungle book... instead, a different story set within the same universe.
  • You could be on some boat tour promising to show you the Kings of the Jungle, the mystical Elephants. The jungle boat tour is a bit repetitive of Jungle Cruise- but it works well so...
  • You would then be warned of Shrere Khan via projections, sorta like POTC.
  • First animals you'd see are the wolves and Bagheera.
  • After the wolves, you enter into the deep forest and encounter Kaa. As a face animatronic falls down to "bite" you, the boats have their first drop.
  • You fall straight into Baloo's cave, which lightens the mood considerably. He sings "the bare necessities".
  • Next up is King Louie, who has an extended sequence with his song. Louie gets ahold of some fire and lights it, setting off a giant forest fire.
  • The boats try to escape the burning jungle but are stopped by Khan. At the last second, we tumble down a waterfall and escape the evil tiger.
  • At last, we see the mighty Elephants watching over a non-burning part of the jungle. Yayyyyy we survived the second drop!
  • Bagheera watches us depart the boats.
I like it! Seems like a very solid outline!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom