American Idol!

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Are we supposed to find the American Idol amusing??? (Question posed to Taylor freaks)

I guess this year we are supposed to. That's the argument his fans have been using and it's a tough one to counteract because of his vote totals over the season.

STR8FAN2005 said:
Last time I checked, this isn't some comedy show on Comedy Central, this is American Idol.

And that is one reason I spent so much time voting for Kat tonight.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
Top 40 and that's it. Regular radio sucks anyways.

Sirius is the way to go! :sohappy:
I barely hear Bo Bice on Top 40 and he is leaps and bounds better than Taylor. Bo should have sat out a year:lol:

Correction, CD's are the way to go! I don't listen to the radio enough to warrant paying for it.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
I don't listen to the radio enough to warrant paying for it.

I didn't either until about 5 days ago. I can't stop listening to about 15 Sirius channels that I think are fantastic.

Don't forget with Sirius, you get all SEC games (football and basketball), NFL games, and NBA games. Who am I kidding, the radio stations are great and all but those three things were the biggest selling points for us :)

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
Bo should have sat out a year:lol:

Even though I like Chris, Kat, Elliott and Paris better than ANYONE is last years top 12, I would have to say that Bo would have won easily this year.

dxwwf3

I was just looking at the lists of the different top 12's from every season, and I think this year was BY FAR the best ever. My next favorite would be 2 and then 1. Looking back, there is not anyone from seasons 3 or 4 that I have an ounce of interest in right now. And there's about 5 from this year :)

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
I was just looking at the lists of the different top 12's from every season, and I think this year was BY FAR the best ever. My next favorite would be 2 and then 1. Looking back, there is not anyone from seasons 3 or 4 that I have an ounce of interest in right now. And there's about 5 from this year :)
I only started watching last year, but I have fallen in love with Kelly Clarkson. I'm going to see Lindsey Cardinale (Season 4) in July at a festival up the road. I'm anxiously awaiting for Carrie Underwood to come to Louisiana. I'm only interested in 3 people from Season 5 and that is Kellie, Chris, and Kat. I know nothing of seasons 2&3 other than Josh Gracin.

hcswingfield

STR8FAN2005 said:
My dad said it best tonight, "What radio station is gonna play his songs?"

The same radio station that plays Joe Cocker, Ray Charles, Michael McDonald with or without the Doobie Brothers, Michael Bolton, Huey Lewis, etc. etc. etc.

dxwwf3

hcswingfield said:
The same radio station that plays Joe Cocker, Ray Charles, Michael McDonald with or without the Doobie Brothers, Michael Bolton, Huey Lewis, etc. etc. etc.

Are there many of those left though? Naturally, I'm in a small area, but there's nothing that plays that style around here. A soft rock/pop station is the best bet.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I just don't see people buying Taylor's cd. He's sort of entertaining seeing him on stage but to just listen to him would be :hurl: . As I said a week ago, when I looked at the top 12 at the beginning of the season it never even crossed my mind that he could win! :brick:

hcswingfield

ksccar said:
I just don't see people buying Taylor's cd. He's sort of entertaining seeing him on stage but to just listen to him would be :hurl: . As I said a week ago, when I looked at the top 12 at the beginning of the season it never even crossed my mind that he could win! :brick:

I'll buy it in a heartbeat. I enjoy his music.

dxwwf3

The MTV.com article for today was pretty spot on, IMO. And I'll bold what I agree with the most.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1532398/05242006/id_0.jhtml?headlines=true

May 23: Theme - Two songs performed for previous themes and one original written specifically for each finalist

Surprise performance: Daniel Powter. First, because it literally was a surprise. (And probably better to sing "Bad Day" tonight than tomorrow.) And after Katharine McPhee's and Taylor Hicks' singles, "Bad Day" sounded like "Hey Jude."

Fashion hits and misses: Simon Cowell's whole two-steps-backward thing with Katharine last week applied to her wardrobe Tuesday. Like this season's early weeks, her first two tops were frumpy, and the dress for the third song was unflattering. As for Taylor, I disagree with Simon on the velvet jacket. It was nice to see him wearing something as unique as he is.

Judging the judges: In previous final-performance nights, the judges have been congratulatory and kind, but that was hardly the case with Katharine. The judges are obviously rooting for Taylor, but his performances were really no better than hers. The highlight: Simon telling Paula what she just said ("What may be pitchy to you is essence of who Taylor is") made no sense. Finally. Thank you.

Who will go: Katharine's father, thankfully. It's sweet, but seriously, grow some you-know-what and stop with the tears.

Who needs to step it up: "American Idol" producers. Just give it up and stop making the final two sing these horribly over-produced, cheese-ball songs for the finale. We're sick of the "My Destiny I Believe Is Inside Your Heaven When I'm Flying Without Wings for a Moment Like This" schmaltz. Here's an idea: What about having them each write their own song?

Who is the one to beat: From Tuesday, it's neck-and-neck. But fans are probably basing their votes on the entire season and Taylor has Katharine there. He was more consistent and his personality is far more likable. More of those 33 percent who voted for Elliott a week ago are more likely to vote for fellow Southerner Taylor than Kat. Plus, Cowell left voters with this final statement to Hicks: "Assuming the show was tied, you have just won 'American Idol.' "

wannab@dis

Of the final two... Taylor seems to be the best overall.

However, for the entire season... I would have rather they added 'none of the above' number. It's been the worse season so far. Someone said earlier that this season's contestants were more evenly talented than prior seasons. I agree and they all were mediocre.

Thankfully, I used TiVo and utilized the FF through the fluff, pitiful performances, Pickles' horrible talks and the unbelievable number of commercials. :lol:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
Of the final two... Taylor seems to be the best overall.

However, for the entire season... I would have rather they added 'none of the above' number. It's been the worse season so far. Someone said earlier that this season's contestants were more evenly talented than prior seasons. I agree and they all were mediocre.

Thankfully, I used TiVo and utilized the FF through the fluff, pitiful performances, Pickles' horrible talks and the unbelievable number of commercials. :lol:

While I still think this is easily the best season, I can see your point. For me, in seasons 3 and 4, Taylor would have been my favorite by a mile. And this year he was probably 5th or 6th on my list. Oh well.

And even though I would never have any need for a TiVo (most of the TV I watch is live sports anyways), you've made a compelling selling point with that last line :lol:

hcswingfield

I think this season was the best in some ways, and the worst in some ways. In the final twelve, there were some off performances, but there wasn't anyone who was truly painful to watch (unlike all the other seasons). On the other hand, the "wow" moments were much rarer this season. When it got to the final 5 or so, they were all good, but none of them were really great the way Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken, Fantasia and Kelly Clarkson were. But both Kat and Taylor have Diana Degarmo and Justin Guarini beat by a mile.

Boy, I need a life!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom