American Idol!

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
As hot as McPhee is, I think the competition will go to Taylor. He does have a good singng voice, and is entertaining.

Don't support Kat just because she's hot. Vote for her because you think she is the best singer. If you believe that, we could still use your support. 12 to 1 has got to be the McHour or we're going to McLose.

And I'm telling you operating 3 phones at the same time is killing me. I'm going to hear busy tones in my sleep tonight

GenerationX

The two "singles" the show forced them to sing tonight could not have been more boring. You can dress the songs up with gospel singers, but they are still yawn-inducing. Neither Taylor nor Katharine looked like they knew what to do with them. Taylor fared a little better with his, but not much.

However, in the first two performances, Katharine was far better than Taylor. Both "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" were better than Taylor's songs and better than her previous renditions. If she recorded it, I'd buy "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree". It's cool. She's cool. She got my votes.

dxwwf3

This is gonna be a blow out. I'm getting so many votes in it's crazy. I bet I've got over 50 in the 2 hours I've been trying. Not a good sign for the good guys :(

:)

dxwwf3

GenerationX said:
The two "singles" the show forced them to sing tonight could not have been more boring. You can dress the songs up with gospel singers, but they are still yawn-inducing. Neither Taylor nor Katharine looked like they knew what to do with them. Taylor fared a little better with his, but not much.

However, in the first two performances, Katharine was far better than Taylor. Both "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" were better than Taylor's songs and better than her previous renditions. If she recorded it, I'd buy "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree". It's cool. She's cool. She got my votes.

I agree with both paragraphs completely. Except I think Kat did better with her single. Terrible songs.

And Kat's Black Horse is so much better than the original, which I think is really bad and boring.

Oh well.

dxwwf3

Well I give up. After getting over 100 Kat Votes in over the past 40 minutes, I tried to give Taylor one vote for two reasons: I like the guy as a person and I wanted to see how hard it would be. No contest right now between the busy signals. It was nice to hear Kat's voice, but I just heard it too much tonight to think she has any shot. You guys win and we lose. A sad end to a very depressing night.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
Well I give up. After getting over 100 Kat Votes in over the past 40 minutes, I tried to give Taylor one vote for two reasons: I like the guy as a person and I wanted to see how hard it would be. No contest right now between the busy signals. It was nice to hear Kat's voice, but I just heard it too much tonight to think she has any shot. You guys win and we lose. A sad end to a very depressing night.
:lol:

To be fair, my sister and I got through somewhat easily in the past half hour for Taylor.

But yay anyway :sohappy:

dxwwf3

Oh boy I came up with a new idea for a signature to use sometime in the near future:

"Don't blame me, I voted for McPhee!"

Oh I kill myself ;)

dxwwf3

I guess the state of Alabama has brought a new annoying slogan to the rest of the free world

Roll Tide

War Eagle

and now

Soul Patrol

Man, that whole state must thrive on making me angry. Make no mistake, I'd much rather hear Soul Patrol than the other two. And hopefully Soul Patrol will be the only phrase associated with a winner this year :lookaroun. Yeah I went there :lol:

dxwwf3

And it's done. Congrats to all Taylor fans and anyone else who voted tonight. AI is the show that proves families can get together and watch clean, wholesome entertainment and it can be successful. Sure I love the Family Guy's and South Park's of the world, but there's not a whole lot of good shows out there anymore you can feel safe in letting kids watch in. And I'm glad there are shows like this where kids and adults get the same entertainment value.

CaptainMichael

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Right now, The Katherine fans (or should I say Taylor loathers) have gotten awfully quiet...and I don't like it.

Even though Katherine probably already lost, hopefully she will become another Clay Aiken. More popular than the actual idol winner.
I’ve only been quiet because I have been McPheeverishly voting.

Katharine will sell more records than Taylor. You can quote me on that later.

DDuckFan130 said:
Anyway, imagineer boy and str8fan whatever haven't checked in yet. Those are two other very vocal Katherine fans :wave:
I’ve been voting my McPhan butt off for 4 straight hours! I terribly want to shock the Idol judges and producers and the rest of America tomorrow by making Katharine McPhee the next American Idol!

dxwwf3 said:
I thought his first was fantastic and the rest went downhill from there. And I don't think the judges were NEARLY as hard on his 2nd song as they should have been.
I didn’t think any of his songs were as good as the judges made them out to be. They want Taylor to win, and I get that, but I don’t like it ONE bit! I like Paula’s assessment the best (and by that, I mean most humorous), “You were pitchy, but that’s just your style”…..!!!!

dxwwf3 said:
I guess the state of Alabama has brought a new annoying slogan to the rest of the free world

Roll Tide

War Eagle

and now

Soul Patrol

Man, that whole state must thrive on making me angry. Make no mistake, I'd much rather hear Soul Patrol than the other two. And hopefully Soul Patrol will be the only phrase associated with a winner this year :lookaroun. Yeah I went there :lol:
Nice one! Although, I hope none of the above is associated with winning this year! Geaux Tigers and Geaux Katharine and Geaux Vols (when ya’ll don’t play LSU)!!!!!

At least Roll Tide is fun to say in jest….Soul Patrol is just vomit inducing:hurl: …

fireKM.gif

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
I like Paula’s assessment the best (and by that, I mean most humorous), “You were pitchy, but that’s just your style”…..!!!!

I think that quote sums up the whole season. And she is right. It is impossible for Taylor to screw up really because of his style. Many times while I listen to him, I'd think "Did he mean for it to come out like that?". But it works for him and more power to him. That is something I bet any singer would like to have and he has pulled it off like a pro. I don't think it will translate into record sales at all, but lets say that he'll never have to worry about money again as long as he can perform on stage. Even I have to admit that I find him hillarious.

I think our hours of voting were in vain though bud. I'd say I got close to 150 Kat votes in, but I tried getting in to vote for Taylor once and it took a few minutes. His lines were busier unfortunately :(

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
I think our hours of voting were in vain though bud. I'd say I got close to 150 Kat votes in, but I tried getting in to vote for Taylor once and it took a few minutes. His lines were busier unfortunately :(
You never know:wave: We live in the South which is more than likely gonna vote for their own. I just hope the crazies to the West voted hard. Either way, Katharine will sell the most records between the two of them.

dxwwf3

STR8FAN2005 said:
I just hope the crazies to the West voted hard.
I hope you're right.

STR8FAN2005 said:
Either way, Katharine will sell the most records between the two of them.

There's no doubt. Taylor would outsell for concerts, but I doubt he'll come close to Kat's record sales.

CaptainMichael

dxwwf3 said:
Even I have to admit that I find him hillarious.
Are we supposed to find the American Idol amusing??? (Question posed to Taylor freaks)

Last time I checked, this isn't some comedy show on Comedy Central, this is American Idol.

Kelly Clarkson...Ruben Studdard...Fantasia...Carrie Underwood...Taylor Hicks...:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom