American Idol!

wannab@dis

dxwwf3 said:
Music majors :rolleyes: :lol:

I thought this was about entertainment anyways?
Actually it's about the whole package.

1. Singing capabilities
2. Entertainment
3. Looks

Of those three... Taylor takes two and Kat takes one... (but only barely) :lookaroun

Kat has never been that entertaining and she seems to have the talent to one day have the capabilities to sing, but not yet. :wave:

(By the way... you may want to get your TV checked out... apparently, the sound is having some issues.) :lol:

lawyergirl77

hcswingfield said:
Now if only I could get through to vote......
I wish I could vote!! :lol:

ITA with Simon's assessment tonight (I know. Don't hurt me... :lookaroun ), although I call more of a draw on that first round. Taylor was crap in the second round, Kat was phenominal... and then... Taylor just kicked Kat's butt on that last song.

I nearly started to cry when she hit that one bum note, and then she never never recovered... My heart was just breaking because she was thoroughly enjoying her moment (and doing a great job) and then she messed up that note but BAAADLY and then she started to panic. *sigh* I've been in her shoes before (and in front of a huuuuge crowd too), and my heart just broke for her because you could see that she saw the title slipping away.

That being said, please meet Taylor Hicks, your next American Idol! Meh. He's good but I would never have voted for him. *shrug*

lawyergirl77

wannab@dis said:
Actually it's about the whole package.

1. Singing capabilities
2. Entertainment
3. Looks

Of those three... Taylor takes two and Kat takes one... (but only barely) :lookaroun

Kat has never been that entertaining and she seems to have the talent to one day have the capabilities to sing, but not yet. :wave:

(By the way... you may want to get your TV checked out... apparently, the sound is having some issues.) :lol:
I actually think that they both possess all those qualities... BUT, it's like they're the mirror images of each other.

See, Kat sounds better when I'm looking at her but at times iffy at best when she's just audio... meanwhile, Taylor sounds better when I close my eyes and is sometimes cringe-inducingly painful when I'm looking at him!! :lol:

DonaldDoleWhip

lawyergirl77 said:
I wish I could vote!! :lol:

ITA with Simon's assessment tonight (I know. Don't hurt me... :lookaroun ), although I call more of a draw on that first round. Taylor was crap in the second round, Kat was phenominal... and then... Taylor just kicked Kat's butt on that last song.

I nearly started to cry when she hit that one bum note, and then she never never recovered... My heart was just breaking because she was thoroughly enjoying her moment (and doing a great job) and then she messed up that note but BAAADLY and then she started to panic. *sigh* I've been in her shoes before (and in front of a huuuuge crowd too), and my heart just broke for her because you could see that she saw the title slipping away.

That being said, please meet Taylor Hicks, your next American Idol! Meh. He's good but I would never have voted for him. *shrug*
It's ok. You're mostly surrounded by Taylor fanatics. The Kat supporters are losing the battle, and apparently the war.

Katherine hit a bad note? I never noticed.

Have any of you checked out dialidol.com? Once again, Taylor is dominating.

DDuckFan130

DonaldDoleWhip said:
It's ok. You're mostly surrounded by Taylor fanatics. The Kat supporters are losing the battle, and apparently the war.

I had a feeling you were male :lookaroun :p

Also, you haven't been in this thread long have you? There are just as many Katherine fanatics here as there are Taylor freaks.

SpongeScott

DonaldDoleWhip said:

I am far from a Taylor fanatic. I'm more of a Katharine loather.

lawyergirl77

DonaldDoleWhip said:

I'm not really a fan of either - I lost interest when Mandisa was voted off!!!

DonaldDoleWhip

DDuckFan130 said:
I had a feeling you were male :lookaroun :p

Also, you haven't been in this thread long have you? There are just as many Katherine fanatics here as there are Taylor freaks.
Um, I am male.

Right now, The Katherine fans (or should I say Taylor loathers) have gotten awfully quiet...and I don't like it.

Even though Katherine probably already lost, hopefully she will become another Clay Aiken. More popular than the actual idol winner.

DDuckFan130

lawyergirl77 said:
I'm not really a fan of either - I lost interest when Mandisa was voted off!!!
And I when Chris was voted off :lookaroun

Well actually, when Elliot left because I loved them both.

And I agree about Mandisa :(

DDuckFan130

DonaldDoleWhip said:
Um, I am male.

Right now, The Katherine fans have gotten awfully quiet...

Hopefully, Kat will become another Clay Aiken. More popular than the actual idol winner.
I knew you were male because I checked your profile. But I digress, because it was a joke :rolleyes:

Anyway, imagineer boy and str8fan whatever haven't checked in yet. Those are two other very vocal Katherine fans :wave:

lawyergirl77

Computer Magic said:
That's me as well.....This is the worst Idol EVER :brick:
I disagree! :wave:

Although there were no standout winners in this one, the playing field was much more level, which made for an interesting competition. Even the truly crappy singers this year (Ace, Pickles, I'm a lookin' at you :fork: ) were still better than their counterparts.

Okay, aside from Kevin Covais. Ya got me there!! :lol:

lawyergirl77

DDuckFan130 said:
And I when Chris was voted off :lookaroun

Well actually, when Elliot left because I loved them both.

And I agree about Mandisa :(
Ditto. Mandisa leaving removed it from the "must see" column for me... and when Chris left, I veered directly into "no longer care" category.

Yet, somehow, I've still kept watching this infernal show!!! :brick:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I pvr'd and watched later. I disagreed with Simon when he said it was tied after two. I think Katherine picked the two best performances of her season and nailed them both, Taylor did as well or better than his originals of both, but wasn't as polished as he could be. But the third songs were unquestionably the deciding factor. Katherine couldn't hit the lower notes and missed a note badly in her normal range. Taylor started of with a perfect quiet lead-in that was on-pitch and on in every aspect and built it up to a towering power-house performance that was flawless.

I honestly had no pre-conceived notion tonight, I believed both had a good shot at the brass ring. Taylor snagged it in the final inning.

dxwwf3

BTW, what kind of charges are there for voting? I'm talking the 1-866 numbers and not the text. And are you only charged for completed votes or for each dial?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom