American Idol!

CaptainMichael

q_t_pie_4ever said:
I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel as if AI is rigged...i mean Katherine is just like every other female singer out there...we need someone different to win...how many kelly clarkson's or carrie underwood's can we have?? and quite honestly i can not even stand to listen to katherine sing and i really honestly tried to but it just wasnt working for me. i dont mean to bash but this show has really disappointed me this season and ive been an avid fan ALL seasons...oh well im sure she'll win anyways cuz thats how the show seems to be working now.:(
I disagree entirely.

First off, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood differ greatly. Secondly, I don't see Katharine being a clone of either. All three girls are unique in their own way.

How can anyone say that American Idol is rigged for Katharine to win when they push HARD for a male winner week in and week out?

Katharine is still on the show for the same reason that Taylor is. They both have largest fanbases. Without fans, you aren't going to win this competition. Look at Chris.

If you couldn't stand to listen to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", I don't know what to tell you. Even I enjoyed one of Taylor's "performances" last week. The girl can sing when she picks good material. "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" and "Think" were great.

In conclusion, Katharine McPhee, Kelly Clarkson, and Carrie Underwood are three different young women with three different vocal styles. If American Idol were rigged, I would think that the people that they have been "pimping" all season wouldn't be getting voted off every week (Mandisa, Chris, Elliott, and hopefully Taylor). To think that American Idol is rigged in Katharine's favor is laughable. Almost every week this season has catered to a male vocalist. Even last week they (Clive Davis) forced her to sing a male song.

If either Taylor or Katharine wins Wednesday, it is because of the votes they received Tuesday night. I know I will be voting.

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
well hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion...that's just how i feel about the show...like last year, everyone KNEW carrie would win (cmon you can all admit it). so i just think the sames gonna happen this year with katherine. i mean when taylor sings you can tell he is just SO into it and he is just a caring person who really gets into the music he sings. and elliot..so he was a little emotional (at least he could sing) i mean the judges arent out there for nothing and yeah she whined that they've been hard on her the past few weeks, but for a reason (hello). but it IS up to the fans so if you like her, you like her...then pick up and vote...i know i do. im sorry i just need to vent sometimes cuz nobody that i personally know likes her, sorry.

MAF

What about Ruben and Fantasia? Both of them are far different than Kelly and Carrie. Each of the winners have had completely different styles and singing genres. We've had pop, RnB, and hell even country singers come from AI. If AI was rigged we would have had Chris as the winner, who was obviously the shows fave. from the start. Anyways do you actually think they WANT Taylor to win? I don't think so. I just want Taylor to win now because to me Kat is annoying and I don't like her attitude and honestly she is a boring performer who isn't that great of a singer compared to someone like Kelly Clarkson. At least Taylor can entertain. Will he sell records? Probably not, so why would AI rig him to win? :veryconfu

MAF

q_t_pie_4ever said:
well hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion...that's just how i feel about the show...like last year, everyone KNEW carrie would win (cmon you can all admit it). so i just think the sames gonna happen this year with katherine. i mean when taylor sings you can tell he is just SO into it and he is just a caring person who really gets into the music he sings. and elliot..so he was a little emotional (at least he could sing) i mean the judges arent out there for nothing and yeah she whined that they've been hard on her the past few weeks, but for a reason (hello). but it IS up to the fans so if you like her, you like her...then pick up and vote...i know i do. im sorry i just need to vent sometimes cuz nobody that i personally know likes her, sorry.
Actually a lot of people thought that Bo was going to win it all. I didn't watch last season so I have no clue on the matter. Anyways you seem to think that Kat is a shoe in, but have you been keeping up w/ the dialidol.com numbers? They have shown Taylor WELL above the rest of the group each week. To me that proves that he is going to win, but dialidol of course isn't 100%. Anywho, I'm excited to see who will win this thing. After that....meh, it won't matter because I def. won't be buying a Kat OR a Taylor cd anyhow.

CaptainMichael

TurnipHead said:
What about Ruben and Fantasia? Both of them are far different than Kelly and Carrie. Each of the winners have had completely different styles and singing genres. We've had pop, RnB, and hell even country singers come from AI. If AI was rigged we would have had Chris as the winner, who was obviously the shows fave. from the start. Anyways do you actually think they WANT Taylor to win? I don't think so.
I agree.:xmas:

CaptainMichael

TurnipHead said:
Actually a lot of people thought that Bo was going to win it all. I didn't watch last season so I have no clue on the matter. Anyways you seem to think that Kat is a shoe in, but have you been keeping up w/ the dialidol.com numbers? They have shown Taylor WELL above the rest of the group each week. To me that proves that he is going to win, but dialidol of course isn't 100%. Anywho, I'm excited to see who will win this thing. After that....meh, it won't matter because I def. won't be buying a Kat OR a Taylor cd anyhow.
Count me in with the crowd that wasn't sure that Carrie would win. I knew that I wanted her to win, but I was worried up until the moment I heard she won. People kept saying that Chris was a shoe in, "see ya in the finals", etc. Yeah, they'll see him all right...in the audience. Chris was proof positive that you can leave this competition at anytime if your fans don't put forth the effort. The Idol producers are probably still in shock over that one.:lol:

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
No, they're rigging it for katherine to win...that was my whole point, when i dont think she deserves it...her voice is way to darn annoying...i mean yeah some weeks she sounded good and when you're in the studio they always find ways to make your voice sound perfect...i just dont like her attitude either and to be the american idol you have to have the "whole package" so they say...i think taylor has it

and for the record i never wanted chris to win because he just would have been another one of their "puppets" he'll do good either way...i mean cmon 2 bands want him to be their lead singers (Live and Fuel) i mean how much more talented can you get for bands to ask you that and he has his own band too, but i should probably stop now cuz i could go all day about defending people i like and talk about the show...its driving me crazy!!!

MAF

Even though I didn't really watch last season I was still glad to see Carrie win. Her performance with the Rascal Flatts was just awesome during the finale. As for Chris being in the finals, I never much cared for him. To me he had this cocky attitude about him and he acted like he was the best thing since sliced bread. Sure he has a great voice for rock music, but compared to "actual" singers, he was just screaming. I would rather have Kat over Chris any day of the week.

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
maggiegrace1 said:
How are they rigging it.. when the fans are voting? Just curious...

oh please dont get me started on that...how do we ACTUALLY know 100% that they are NOT rigging it somehow...it's easy for anyone to say, "oh hey we got so and so amount of votes this week for so and so person" and then make up some stupid number. unless i worked for the show and actually knew what went on behind the scenes then i might have a different opinion. but it's still entertainment and it sure as hell got me hooked and voting every year so they're obvioulsy doing something right

CaptainMichael

q_t_pie_4ever said:
No, they're rigging it for katherine to win
Where/what is your evidence??? You keep saying it, but you offer no support.:brick:

kmcphperformancehdvinman2uw.gif

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
STR8FAN2005 said:
Where/what is your evidence??? You keep saying it, but you offer no support.:brick:

yeah well noone will never have any, but is she wins i sure as heck will LOL no but seriously it's just an opinion like i said before...everyone defends the person they want to win plain and simple so i don't know why all the arguing...i do it too im not gonna lie, we all argue at work about it (LOL), so oh well, we won't know until we see the show

wannab@dis

q_t_pie_4ever said:
yeah well noone will never have any, but is she wins i sure as heck will LOL no but seriously it's just an opinion like i said before...everyone defends the person they want to win plain and simple so i don't know why all the arguing...i do it too im not gonna lie, we all argue at work about it (LOL), so oh well, we won't know until we see the show
Do you even realize the backlash Fox / AI would see if it was found that they rigged the numbers? No, they wouldn't chance it. :wave:

MAF

Let's face it, the only people who have been crying foul have been the rabid Chris fans....maybe, just maybe he was voted out because *gasp* he had a bad performance! I'm not trying to sound like an A--, but I just think the idea of AI being rigged is laughable.

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
TurnipHead said:
Let's face it, the only people who have been crying foul have been the rabid Chris fans....maybe, just maybe he was voted out because *gasp* he had a bad performance! I'm not trying to sound like an A--, but I just think the idea of AI being rigged is laughable.

oh please gimme a break, have you people ever heard of a thing called *gasp* sarcasm...that's what i meant by it being rigged...it's just a tv show for crying out loud and no i honestly was NOT a chris fan...im not even a fan of anybody really, but there were only 2 (maybe 3) people i disliked from the beginning and if you don't like someone you just don't like someone so you'll make up excuses which is what i was doing to try to convince myself otherwise...you people take things way too seriously on here (i guess i was too, but at least im making up for it now LOL)

CaptainMichael

q_t_pie_4ever said:
It is not an opinion, more like a conspiracy theory.

Example of an opinion:
I don't think that Taylor Hicks is a good singer.

Example of a fact:
Taylor Hicks has gray hair.

Example of a conspiracy theory:
The United States never made it to the moon; it was all a fake.
or
American Idol is rigged in Katharine McPhee's favor...

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
omg...you are really crazy about this stuff aren't you...im gonna go to a normal site where people don't do stuff like this and can talk openly about things and not bash and got so darn defensive...oh look i just found one...bye bye :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom