American Idol!

MAF

imagineer boy said:
One thing I've noticed, all the girls seem to despise Katherin, while all of the guys are praising her like a godess. :lol:
I'll third that with a big HELL NO! :drevil:

GenerationX

imagineer boy said:
One thing I've noticed, all the girls seem to despise Katherin, while all of the guys are praising her like a godess. :lol:
Or at least a siren.

I can live with Taylor winning, but I caught the McPheever long ago. Go Katharine!

imagineer boy

I will admit, as much as I like McPhee, Taylor will win by a long shot. But if Kat wins, I'll be fine with that too. Its just like last year, where it didn't matter if Carrie or Bo won, I would've been perfectly happy with either of them winning.

CaptainMichael

Is Katharine McPhee The Misunderstood American Idol Finalist?
As Katharine McPhee has advanced to the final two of the competition, she has been coming under a lot of fire lately. The judges have not been kind to her over the last several weeks, and it’s a wonder that she survived the numerous theme weeks that favored the male singers in the competition. Worst of all, during her hometown visit, Katharine McPhee didn’t get a parade or a meeting with the Governor like the other finalists.

The media has not been particularly kind either. TMZ.com has uncovered a video of Katharine McPhee auditioning for a play that they write about under the sub-headline of “Idol finalist gets a little racy on a mattress.” Star Magazine reports on possible links to scientology, while conjuring up images of people ingesting cooking oil. (For the record, other reports say that Katharine McPhee has denied being a scientologist.) And yes, even Reality TV Magazine reported that some Elliott Yamin fans are upset over the reaction of Katharine McPhee and her family after Elliott’s elimination.

Does Katharine McPhee deserve all this criticism? No, she probably doesn’t, but it is par for the course of what a contestant can expect when they chase the American Idol dream. When you consider the dirt that has been reported on some previous finalist, the stories on Katharine McPhee are actually fairly mild in comparison.

So what of Katharine McPhee’s celebration after Elliott Yamin’s elimination? While our original article was meant to report on the backlash from Elliott fans over the way it appeared on TV, it was not meant to suggest that Katharine McPhee was celebrating Elliott Yamin’s elimination. Rather, Katharine McPhee was celebrating making it through to the next round, and Taylor Hicks did a better job of controlling his emotions. Katharine seems to have a bubbly, excitable personality, and many of her fans have pointed out that what many think is conceit is actually just enthusiasm. On camera, it looked bad for Katharine McPhee, but in reality, the most she is guilty of is getting excited over moving forward in the competition and not realizing that she would come across better by controlling her expression.

Pointing out that Katharine McPhee’s hometown celebration paled in comparison to that of the other finalist isn’t a reflection on Katharine, but a call out that her state should be doing more for her. Katharine McPhee deserved a parade, and she deserved a meeting with the Governor. Sure there is a lot going on in California, but of all states, they should recognize the importance of television.

In the end, all of the American Idol finalists have the talent level that the majority of the world can only dream about. Part of the appeal of American Idol is watching these talented individuals pursue their dream, and as viewers, it’s fun to analyze the show and the various conspiracy theories. With so much bad news in the world, the controversy of Idol is a welcome relief. We would be very lucky indeed if all the world’s scandals were as minor as the ones reported on American Idol.

The fact that the biggest dirt that has been uncovered on Katharine McPhee is that she got a little racy while practicing for a play, some vague link to scientology, and that she smiled at an inappropriate time probably signifies that she’s led a pretty clean life. We hope that win or lose that there’s a big parade for Katharine McPhee in her hometown after the American Idol finale, and we hope that Governor Schwarzenegger is on hand for the celebration.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2006/05/is_katharine_mc.html

dxwwf3

Nice article. I think that she is just a person who wears their emotions on their sleeves. And how do we know what she said to Elliott after the show and whatnot? As some of the guys on the show have mentioned, it has to be tough on her lately because she hasn't had any other female contestants around her in a few weeks and probably feels seperated from the group of guys. I'm not trying to make this a pity party or anything, but it's something to consider.

And I really hope that nobody puts much stock into that video. I think we all act crazy around friends and if someone took everything I said seriously, I don't know what people would think :)

MAF

Watch out Kat bashers, you might have certain "individuals" berating you in other threads for not catching the "McPheever"....

CaptainMichael

TurnipHead said:
Watch out Kat bashers, you might have certain "individuals" berating you in other threads for not catching the "McPheever"....
Well, I don't see that happening because no one else has felt the need for calling Kat a tramp, skank, etc. I'm sorry those things were said because I've had enough of the rediculous drama from Chit Chat today. I ask you to please accept my apology and end this right now. I'm tired of good threads being closed today. I'm sorry; however, I don't appreciate Kat being called things she isn't, just like you don't like being talked about behind your back. If you think she is a bad singer, so be it, but let's not accuse her of bad things.:wave:

Again, I apologize because things have gotten out of hand the past few days. :wave:

MAF

Ok I accept your apology and I apologize myself, but the difference here is that I was talking about a television show, but you guys were talking about me personally. Yes I may dislike Kat, but I haven't said anything mean spirited towards any wdwmagic member. I just think it was hypocritical of you to call me "malicious" for my comments towards AI, yet you're doing the exact same things behind my back. It just really hurt my feelings to read those things. You may think well this is the internet, get over it, but my heart sank and my stomach dropped after reading those comments. It was just not a cool thing to do at all....."BTW I've never stated whether I was male, female, gay, or straight and I really don't think that it's anyone's business either, or what it has to do w/ anything...."

q_t_pie_4ever

Account Suspended
I'm sorry but i'm beginning to feel as if AI is rigged...i mean Katherine is just like every other female singer out there...we need someone different to win...how many kelly clarkson's or carrie underwood's can we have?? and quite honestly i can not even stand to listen to katherine sing and i really honestly tried to but it just wasnt working for me. i dont mean to bash but this show has really disappointed me this season and ive been an avid fan ALL seasons...oh well im sure she'll win anyways cuz thats how the show seems to be working now.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom