American Idol!

Nemo14

I almost didn't watch last night, but I'm so glad that I did. With the exception of Kellie :eek: , they were all quite good. Chris was amazing, and even Ace ,:rolleyes: , was OK. Good show for a change!

bhg469

Again i am gonna chime in because i have a girlfriend and am forced to watch idol, but the eye candy doesn't hurt either. I dont know if i have bad hearing or something but ace was terrible and no one complained about him last night! The dude was really bad. When taylor was singing though i was like woah, that boy can blow! He wont win because he isnt a pretty boy but that guy is great! and that elliot guy, hes got a great voice stevie wonderish but seems to have no range, anyone else notice that?

BeachClubVillas

I thought last night was really great! I also wish we could buy last night on a CD - legally anyway.

I thought Katharine blew everyone away. She is in a totally different class. I just love her. I want her to win. But I don't think she will.

Even though Kellie blew it, I don't think she'll be in the bottom three because of the way she was all "I'm sorry, that was awful, I'll do better next time." People love that.

I say bottom three will be Paris, Ace and Elliott with Ace or Elliott going home. God I hope it's Ace! :animwink:

BeachClubVillas

SpongeScott said:
Outstanding night save for Kellie.

What she did from a musical standpoint is inexcusable. She completely botched her key change and remained ahead of the music throughout the rest of the song. She never even attempted to get back on cue rhythmically and it cost her harmonically to the end. A good musician would have waited for the music to have caught up to them. She deserves to go home. You're only as good as your last performance.

You're absolutely right. She should have been able to save the song and she couldn't. She whined through most of it anyway. She absolutely should go home tonight. But she won't. Too many people are "bewitched and bothered" by her. Me? I'm just "bewildered" :p

hcswingfield

BeachClubVillas said:
You're absolutely right. She should have been able to save the song and she couldn't. She whined through most of it anyway. She absolutely should go home tonight. But she won't. Too many people are "bewitched and bothered" by her. Me? I'm just "bewildered" :p

She did start out beautifully. Vern (who is so NOT a country fan) even commented that she sounded really good on the song. Then everything seemed to go wrong.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
hcswingfield said:
She did start out beautifully. Vern (who is so NOT a country fan) even commented that she sounded really good on the song. Then everything seemed to go wrong.

Personally, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. If Simon hadn't dropped his head to the desk, she might have been able to recover. But if I saw that from the stage, it'd be devastating. That she didn't break down on stage is a testament to her guts!

I hope America will forgive her.

DDuckFan130

I really like next week's theme, and am pleasantly surprised by their coach. Andrea Bocelli does have a fantastic voice, but since it's opera I don't know how that will mesh with pop singers. Well then again, Andrea has worked with several pop artists. We'll see.

I hope they do well next week :D

lawyergirl77

DDuckFan130 said:
I really like next week's theme, and am pleasantly surprised by their coach. Andrea Bocelli does have a fantastic voice, but since it's opera I don't know how that will mesh with pop singers. Well then again, Andrea has worked with several pop artists. We'll see.

I hope they do well next week :D
Whoa... What the heck is next week's theme?? (stuck at work... as always! :brick: )

And FINALLY - Ace is gone!!! :sohappy:

Yet another victim of Simon's tactic of luring fans into a false sense of security with lukewarm praise!! :lol:

BRER STITCH

Very surprising Final Three.

Guess desperation really brings out the votes! :lol:

At least the right person went home!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

DDuckFan130

lawyergirl77 said:
Whoa... What the heck is next week's theme?? (stuck at work... as always! :brick: )

And FINALLY - Ace is gone!!! :sohappy:

Yet another victim of Simon's tactic of luring fans into a false sense of security with lukewarm praise!! :lol:
Classic love songs.

dxwwf3

imagineer boy said:
Hooray! Now all of the really bad ones are finally gone.

I think you're a week early.

If Kellie has her personal best next week, she's gone. That's what happened tonight. Good luck Ace.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
I think you're a week early.

If Kellie has her personal best next week, she's gone. That's what happened tonight. Good luck Ace.
Ha...I was thinking Kellie is still there, so not all of them are gone.

dxwwf3

I'm just happy people are voting for Elliott and Katherine. Don't get me wrong, I really like Chris and I thought he was brilliant this week, but he doesn't need the show, IMO. He's going to make it anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom