American Idol!

Computer Magic

dxwwf3 said:
But she wasn't fake. I think her honesty might pay off. I respected her for that. And like I said before, at the beginning it was her best performance. But it was like when Simon put his head down, she fell apart.
good point...especially the Simon part. You could see Simon place his head on the table....People might feel sorry for her and vote...although I don't condone that type of voting......unless it gets Ace off the show :lookaroun

dxwwf3

Computer Magic said:
good point...especially the Simon part. You could see Simon place his head on the table....

He should NOT have done that. It really hurt her, IMO.

Computer Magic said:
People might feel sorry for her and vote...although I don't condone that type of voting......unless it gets Ace off the show :lookaroun

I think her fans will vote for her because everyone has off nights. Some just come at more costly times. Tonight will probably be her last performance.

You gotta give it up for Ace tonight.

hcswingfield

If you don't count the last half of Kellie's song, they all gave the best performances of the show tonight. Chris gave me goosebumps, Taylor, Paris and Elliott were incredible, and Katharine was phenomenal. Ace and Kellie might be vulnerable, but both did well.

dxwwf3

hcswingfield said:
If you don't count the last half of Kellie's song, they all gave the best performances of the show tonight

I agree.

I have never been a fan of Kellie until tonight. Forget the end and all of that after it, she showed that she actually CAN sing (which I didn't think she could) and is more than just a bubbly country-pop singer. I hate it for her that it didn't end the way she would have hoped. She still impressed me tonight.

By the way,

HDTV = $2000

HD Channels from Comcast = $5.00 a month

Watching Idol on Fox HD = $0.00

Watching Katherine's close ups in HD = PRICELESS

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
dxwwf3 said:
HDTV = $2000

HD Channels from Comcast = $5.00 a month

Watching Idol on Fox HD = $0.00

Watching Katherine's close ups in HD = PRICELESS

HDTV = $5000

HD Channels from Rogers = $9 a month

Watching American Idol [vs. Canadian] on CTV = $0

after Katherine's close ups in HD [the glitter in her lipstick... :slurp:] and wanting desperately to "watch over her" for a lifetime = PRICELESS!

*I have mentioned I'm a Dirty Old Man, right? :lookaroun*

:lol:

dxwwf3

MontyMon said:
HDTV = $5000

HD Channels from Rogers = $9 a month

Watching American Idol [vs. Canadian] on CTV = $0

after Katherine's close ups in HD [the glitter in her lipstick... :slurp:] and wanting desperately to "watch over her" for a lifetime = PRICELESS!

Ok.....mine was a little less freaky. But your description got the job done, nonetheless :lol:

dxwwf3

Also let me say, that I'm just as big of a fan of her voice as I am anything else. Do not get that misunderstood. I think she has a beautiful voice and I wouldn't be surprised if she wins it all.

Chris is probably the most ready singer to make an album

Paris is improving every week

And I think Elliott is going to be a factor. His last two weeks have been off the charts, IMO.

Any of these 4 could win IMO

SpongeScott

Outstanding night save for Kellie.

What she did from a musical standpoint is inexcusable. She completely botched her key change and remained ahead of the music throughout the rest of the song. She never even attempted to get back on cue rhythmically and it cost her harmonically to the end. A good musician would have waited for the music to have caught up to them. She deserves to go home. You're only as good as your last performance.

Computer Magic

SpongeScott said:
Outstanding night save for Kellie.

What she did from a musical standpoint is inexcusable. She completely botched her key change and remained ahead of the music throughout the rest of the song. She never even attempted to get back on cue rhythmically and it cost her harmonically to the end. A good musician would have waited for the music to have caught up to them. She deserves to go home. You're only as good as your last performance.
You are correct Scott, I
butchered my previous post :( and let it get away from my better judgement :lookaroun

SpongeScott

dxwwf3 said:
I have never been a fan of Kellie until tonight. Forget the end and all of that after it
You can't forget the end. I don't think I've seen a person butcher a song that badly in the history of the show. At this point in the game, you can't do that. But, she probably get through, undeservedly.

dxwwf3

SpongeScott said:
You can't forget the end. I don't think I've seen a person butcher a song that badly in the history of the show. At this point in the game, you can't do that. But, she probably get through, undeservedly.

Well considering I haven't been impressed with a thing she has done until tonight, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt I guess. I hate country music and she's picked some doozies in that genre.

dxwwf3

BTW, I don't vote for AI and I never will. I like most of the contestants and I just want to watch and see what happens. If I voted tonight, I would probably vote for everyone except for Kellie and that would sorta defeat the purpose.

BRER STITCH

My BOTTOM THREE:

KELLIE
ACE
ELLIOTT

I hated to do it, but Elliott had many weeks to figure out that performance is a major part of being the AI. Sadly, He is a good talent with a far too boring delivery.

ACE goes home this week.

:wave:

SpongeScott

BRER STITCH said:
My BOTTOM THREE:

KELLIE
ACE
ELLIOTT

I hated to do it, but Elliott had many weeks to figure out that performance is a major part of being the AI. Sadly, He is a good talent with a far too boring delivery.

ACE goes home this week.

:wave:
I'll agree with your bottom three and who goes home, but it should be Kellie.

GenerationX

I expected nothing this week and was overwhelmed with the quality of the performances. Now if they could just do that on songs not originally released on 78s. The only weak links were Ace and Kellie. It was nice to see Katharine singing last, looking stunning, and closing the show brilliantly.

According to dialidol, Ace and Paris are your bottom two.

SpongeScott

GenerationX said:
I expected nothing this week and was overwhelmed with the quality of the performances. Now if they could just do that on songs not originally released on 78s. The only weak links were Ace and Kellie. It was nice to see Katharine singing last, looking stunning, and closing the show brilliantly.

According to dialidol, Ace and Paris are your bottom two.
www.dialidol.com

Interesting site. According to them, Ace, Paris, Chris, or Kelly are in the bottom three with Ace going home tonight. I'll be surprised if Chris is in the bottom three.

And the person who leads every week, according to dialidol? Taylor. Every week.

hcswingfield

At the end of the show last night, we wished we could buy a CD of the performances. Chris's take on "What a Wonderful World" was the first time I've heard that song and liked it. Katharine was better than Linda Ronstadt (and coming from me, that's high praise). All of them were really good, even with Kellie's flub at the end of her song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom