American Idol!

SpongeScott

Nemo14 said:
Bottom 3 - Kellie, Ace, and KEVIN!!!!!!! How long do we have to put up with him? :fork:
I"m tellin ya, Kevin has got the vote of the young teenage girls. My daughter is in 8th grade and she says that girls at her school think he is the cutest thing, so if 12-14 years old are jamming the phone lines, he's gonna be around for awhile. Plus, votefortheworst.com has him as their candidate to vote for right now and they can sway the vote to a certain extent. I think Kevin will probably be around for a couple more undeserving weeks.

yensidtlaw1969

SpongeScott said:
I don't think Kevin makes the bottom three--yet. He's capitalizing on his geekiness and it's his gimmick to ride the wave awhile longer.

Bottom three: Bucky, Kellie, Melissa. Forgetting your words at this stage is AI suicide.
Carrie Underwood forgot her words once :lookaroun .

Then again, she made up other words to fill the blank (and they fit). I missed that performance last night, so I don't know if she did the same.

Yensid "Superstition ain't the way . . . " tlaw1969

hcswingfield

yensidtlaw1969 said:

Then again, she made up other words to fill the blank (and they fit). I missed that performance last night, so I don't know if she did the same.

I didn't notice that she had missed the words until the judges pointed it out. And I didn't think her performance was all that bad, either. Sort of had a Bonnie Raitt quality to it. There were others who were worse.

DisneyJill

Computer Magic said:
I thought Melissa really stunk last night, especially forgetting the words. However, ALL three judges praised her and ignored the fact that she forgot words

I was disappointed Simon didn't chew her up and spit her out.

Melissa doesn't bother me that much. I think she does have talent, but tends to just sort of get forgotten in the shuffle. She's not going to win, but I don't know that she deserves to be voted off yet. Her vocals (IMO) are stronger than Kellie and she's tons less annoying. :lookaroun

Bucky...the hair...seriously. I think it might be time for him to go. And Ace was pretty weak last nite, too.

As always, I heart Taylor and Chris!!! :kiss:

Computer Magic

yensidtlaw1969 said:

So did Clay towards the finals

hcswingfield

Computer Magic said:
So did Clay towards the finals

Yeah, Clay botched the words on "Vincent" (Starry Starry Night) which is the song Chicken Little did last week, and did better than Clay, which isn't saying much.

Uponastar

Kevin should go home tonight, but probably won't.
Maybe Bucky. Or Melissa, who I like.

My favorites last night: Chris and Catherine.
Elliot is a big favorite of mine, but wasn't that impressive last night.

EDIT: I was just wondering: Why do they even have a Stevie Wonder night? They make a point of repeating over and over how difficult the songs are to sing. What's the point? I guess the feeling is, if you can pull this off, you can sing anything. But on the whole I think it made most of them look bad.

imagineer boy

Ace, Kellie, Kevin, and Bucky were all dreadful last night. Kevin was so rediculous looking singing "part time lover." It made me really miss Nikko. :lol: I don't know what Bucky was thinking when he chose superstition. He was awful. And so was his hair. :lol:

Now for the good, Mandisa, Taylor, and Chris really rocked. Now, Paris has finally satisfied me. Throughout the Hollywood rounds and top 24, nothing she did impressed me, but now she's made up for it! She was excelent! Way to go for her!

The rest that I didn't mention were all just okay.

SpongeScott

imagineer boy said:
Ace, Kellie, Kevin, and Bucky were all dreadful last night. Kevin was so rediculous looking singing "part time lover." It made me really miss Nikko. :lol: I don't know what Bucky was thinking when he chose superstition. He was awful. And so was his hair. :lol:

Now for the good, Mandisa, Taylor, and Chris really rocked. Now, Paris has finally satisfied me. Throughout the Hollywood rounds and top 24, nothing she did impressed me, but now she's made up for it! She was excelent! Way to go for her!

no McPheever for you last night?

Uponastar

imagineer boy said:

I agree.
At her first audition I thought she would be the one to beat. Her voice was just so unique. But after that it was almost as if she was a different person singing. She was so ordinary and unimpressive.
But last night she was back! I think she did a great job!

SpongeScott

Uponastar said:
I agree.
At her first audition I thought she would be the one to beat. Her voice was just so unique. But after that it was almost as if she was a different person singing. She was so ordinary and unimpressive.
But last night she was back! I think she did a great job!
and she needs to quit dressing like her grandma.

BRER STITCH

Last night was a tough one to judge.

I don't ever remember having 6 good ones and 6 bad ones before!

Based on last night's performances, half of them can go home and the other half will really have to work pretty hard to shine among the other great talent!

The producers had it right by slotting 4 of the best performances at the end of the show. Joining the last four (Taylor, Chris, Paris, and - something I NEVER thought I'd say - Katherine) were Elliot and Mandisa from the first half of the show making up the Best of the Group!

The others can all go and not affect the quality of the show at all.

We'll know in half an hour!

:king:

EDITED: Because I keep getting the names mixed up without my notes! HAHA! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom