American Idol!

Computer Magic

STR8FAN2005 said:
STR8FAN's Live Observations:
1.) Mandisa-1-866-Idols-01- A great way to start the show. Paula said she was better than Carrie Underwood at singing Heart..pfft! Good, but not Carrie!

2.) Kellie Pickler-1-866-Idols-02- Not a good start Kellie...hott visually, but a terrble version of Martina McBride's "How Far"....not impressed : ( I really wish she would have done better. She is such a darling!

3.) Becky O'Donohue-1-866-Idols-03- Ouch, kinda scary. So far Mandisa is the best which surprises me immensly.

4.) Ayla Brown- 1-866-Idols-04- Singing "Reflection" from Disney's Mulan. Wow, she steals the show so far! Pleasant surprise!

5.) Paris-1-866-Idols-05- "Midnight Train to Georgia" It was good, but I find her movement and singing awkward at times. Ayla still number 1 in my book tonight.

6.) Stevie Scott-1-866-Idols-06- "To Where You Are" (Opera) Simon says, "A complete and utter mess." I sort of agree...

7.) Brenna Ghethers-1-866-Idols-07- "You Are the Sunshine of My Life" I wish they would put a muzzle on her mouth. I'm tired of her. Singing isn't terrible, but I cannot stand her personality. Simon says, "It's like something you would hear in some ghastly hotel."

8.) Heather -1-866-Idols-08-"When You Tell Me That You Love Me" A weak performance. I'm not sure her good looks can save her. Simon says,"Very forgettable, but they'll remember how good you looked."

9.) Melissa McGhee-1-866-Idols-09-"When the Lights Go Down" by Faith Hill- Didn't like it when Faith sang it, and I don't like it now.

10.) Lisa Tucker-1-866-Idols-10- Most powerful voice all night. A few bad notes, but overall, a great performance better than most of the girls tonight. Compliments from all of the judges. Simon says, "The night most people will look back and remember Lisa Tucker"

11.) Kinnik Sky-1-866-Idols-11-Bleh, nothing spectacular.

12.) Katharine McPhee-1-866-Idols-12-Oh snap!!! Sparkling, amazing, heavenly, refreshing. A great way to end the show! (Her and Kellie are welcome in my arms any day...)

Becky, Steve, Brenna and Kinnik are in trouble...that is all

imagineer boy

Here are my thoughts:

Mandisa: WOW! One of the best tonight. Excelent energetic performance.

Kelly Picker: She had a mixed bag of good and bad notes. Overall, she was good, but she could be better.

Becky O'Donohue: She was okay at best. Not too bad, not too good.

Aayla Brown: Biggest surprise of the night! I wasn't expecting much, but she delivered a full blown excelent performance.

Paris: I think her performance here was overrated. She was fun to watch, but if I'd bought a sound track from her, I'd probably be bored out of my mind.

Stevie Scott: Easily the worst performance of the night. Simply awful. She will be voted off on Wednesdy, I gaurentee it.

Brenna Ghethers: "Like a ghastly hotel" I love it!:lol: Bad performance, one of the worst tonite. I really hate her personality too.

Heather : Another terrible performance. She was way too quiet, and she was just blah over all.

Melissa McGhee: Ehh...

Lisa Tucker: To be honest, I was a little dissapointed, but she put on a good performance over all.

Kinnik Sky: Ehh, just okay. Nothing too great, or memorable.

Katharine McPhee: Best one tonite! And she definately goes down as one of the hottest girls singing. ( she's still no where near the hotness of Carrie Underwood, but she's still hot )

Over all, good effort by the girls, but I still have a feeling that the guys will be better.

That was funny when everyone booed when Ryan Seacrest brought up the Twins.:lol: :sohappy:

MouseMadness

SpongeScott said:
Lisa and Ayla were my faves tonight.

I hope Stevie and Brenna are gone. America won't put up with Brenna's act for long.

Why why why did the judges put her through?! Her voice was NOT that great from the beginning... good yes, but nothing extraordinary. They had to know that they were taking a space from someone who had a chance to give airtime to this big mouth. :mad: And now, of course, she's toned it down and given us her sob story because she can't count on Simon loving her bad attitude to get her through. :rolleyes:

K, done now. :lookaroun :eek:

I *heart* Mandisa :)

robynchic

I think it's Kellie that reminded me of Carrie...a little too much.

My boyfriend and I were watching it (we were on audio-webcam because he's travelling), and agreed that the US may get tired of her quickly, because she sounds so MUCH like her.

Now Lisa...WOW! I should hope she'll be in the top 12!

Uponastar

Katharine was a pleasant surprise!
I also really liked Mandisa and Lisa.
I hope Kellie gets it together a liitle better. She's so sweet, but I don't know if she's good enough.

Erika

MouseMadness said:
Why why why did the judges put her through?! Her voice was NOT that great from the beginning... good yes, but nothing extraordinary. They had to know that they were taking a space from someone who had a chance to give airtime to this big mouth. :mad:

They put her through because good drama makes for good ratings. I can't STAND her!!!

SpongeScott

Erika said:
They put her through because good drama makes for good ratings. I can't STAND her!!!
Exactly. They know that if you give a person enough rope, they will hang themselves. And that makes for "good" TV.

BRER STITCH

These girls are AWFUL this year!!!

No wonder Randy said it was the boys' to lose!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Those guys better sing their hearts out tonight just to give the fans some reason to keep watching!

:(

CaptainMichael

Erika said:
It's kind of that girl from last year. Her name escapes me at the moment, but she was 17, had an annoying voice, and substandard singing voice.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
It's kind of that girl from last year. Her name escapes me at the moment, but she was 17, had an annoying voice, and substandard singing voice.
wasn't it something like Mikalya...something like that...the girl who always sang Barbra Striesand...

imagineer boy

nibblesandbits said:
wasn't it something like Mikalya...something like that...the girl who always sang Barbra Striesand...

Yeah, she is alot like Mikayla. ( although, not as annyoing IMO, but still bad ). Unfortunately, Mikayla got a whole bunch of dedicated and demented fans, and that explains why she stayed so long. Hopefully that won't be the case for Brenna.

CaptainMichael

My reasons why Kellie is not like Carrie:

*Carrie has a more versatile voice. Kellie's is strickly country sounding. Carrie rarely sang country songs on Idol.
*Carrie didn't have as much personality as Kellie. Carrie relied on her excellent voice to get through. Kellie will continue to talk about her terrible life and voters will sympathize.
*Kellie shows nerves. Carrie was a professional compared to this girl.

I can see why many of you compare her to Carrie. They are both blonde country singers, but the similarities stop there. Carrie Underwood was a totally different contestant.

In my opinion, Kellie chose the wrong show. A country singer can win Idol (Carrie proved this), but an extremely country-sounding country singer cannot win Idol. Kellie is better suited for Nashville Star where she would totally wipe out the competition. I do think this will be some nice exposure for Kellie, and she may still have a shot at stardom.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
My reasons why Kellie is not like Carrie:

*Carrie has a more versatile voice. Kellie's is strickly country sounding. Carrie rarely sang country songs on Idol.
*Carrie didn't have as much personality as Kellie. Carrie relied on her excellent voice to get through. Kellie will continue to talk about her terrible life and voters will sympathize.
*Kellie shows nerves. Carrie was a professional compared to this girl.

I can see why many of you compare her to Carrie. They are both blonde country singers, but the similarities stop there. Carrie Underwood was a totally different contestant.

In my opinion, Kellie chose the wrong show. A country singer can win Idol (Carrie proved this), but an extremely country-sounding country singer cannot win Idol. Kellie is better suited for Nashville Star where she would totally wipe out the competition. I do think this will be some nice exposure for Kellie, and she may still have a shot at stardom.
eh...while I like Kellie, I think the nerves may get to her...she'll need to control those first before she has any real shot of making it in the recording industry. (Not saying she won't be able to, but just saying that she'll need to.)

hcswingfield

imagineer boy said:
Yeah, she is alot like Mikayla. ( although, not as annyoing IMO, but still bad ). Unfortunately, Mikayla got a whole bunch of dedicated and demented fans, and that explains why she stayed so long. Hopefully that won't be the case for Brenna.

There's a website with a big following which encourages readers to vote for the worst contestant each week. They are who kept Mikayla on for so long last year. Last night's pick for "vote for the worst" was Brenna.

Here's the link: http://www.votefortheworst.com/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom