News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

jmuboy

I watched the Youtube video. New finale visuals are great. The new recording is just so so. I'd give it a B minus. Doesn't really give me as many goosebumps as the old version. I said the same thing about the SSE finale when that changed ten years ago. Imagineers just don't seem to grasp the need for the emotion, heart, and psychological lift that these attractions should have. But still, I think they got this update done ok. Although the new Canada song was better. I felt that actually exceeded the original. A rare occurrence.
I agree- film update is solid - song is too stretched out now to add more people. And it’s just toooo flat at the end. I had a lack of goosebumps and that little tear of pride the old versions gave me. This show still makes me very proud to be an American Though

MerlinTheGoat

I'm looking forward to seeing it in person soon. Even based on an offscreen recording, the projections look infinitely more crisp and stable than they have in many years.

There are a couple of physical elements that were passed over during the rehab however. The rain is missing in the gas station scene. There also appears to be some fiber optic lighting missing from the welding effects on the submarine. The rain effect has been off for a while before the refurb, so it appears they didn't even address that. I wonder if they even actually did any work on the physical sets and animatronics.

Still not liking the alterations to the Golden Dream song. It's still a good song underneath and could have gone so much worse (replaced with a different song or remixed into some horrible modern genre). But it lacks emotional highs of the previous variants. I think the new female singer has a nice voice, maybe better than before. The new male singer IMO is worse than the previous one. Though they still seem to harmonize pretty well.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Agree -- the last two minutes of Ben and Mark just hanging around seems awkward, as though they're waiting for something to happen.

I know I was...

Goofnut1980

I agree- film update is solid - song is too stretched out now to add more people. And it’s just toooo flat at the end. I had a lack of goosebumps and that little tear of pride the old versions gave me. This show still makes me very proud to be an American Though

I agree with you. I was a music major and I am scratching my head on this one. The singers have wonderful voices. However the areas where there is speaking, the score does not seem to mesh with what is going on. At the end the score and mesh and singing just doesn't jive well. It seems choppy.

I am the first to applaud Disney for updating and enhancing. But this is just off to me. There is no big crescendo, no tear jerking moments. It was just 'aight. It wont keep me from enjoying the show though.

castlecake2.0

Agree -- the last two minutes of Ben and Mark just hanging around seems awkward, as though they're waiting for something to happen.

I know I was...

This is the part when the curstains on the side of the theatre raise and highlight all the “spirit of...” statues. I get what they were going for, for a grand finale, but it’s too long and awkward.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The show looks absolutely fantastic! The new projectors are awesome!!

The ending video is fine. But... Not a fan of the "new orchestration" of 'Golden Dream'. It feels more like background music for the film now, and I thought it really fell flat. I was hopeful of at least a good ending to it, but then they got rid of the, "... keep on flying... high!" at the end.

Bullhorn to Bob Chapek - There was NOTHING WRONG with the old version of 'Golden Dream'. YOU DON'T NEED TO TRY AND IMPROVE SOME THINGS!!! Even though you think you are with your "more classic, more relevant, more timeless, more Disney" drivel. Fail.

aladdin2007

The show looks absolutely fantastic! The new projectors are awesome!!

The ending video is fine. But... Not a fan of the "new orchestration" of 'Golden Dream'. It feels more like background music for the film now, and I thought it really fell flat. I was hopeful of at least a good ending to it, but then they got rid of the, "... keep on flying... high!" at the end.

Bullhorn to Bob Chapek - There was NOTHING WRONG with the old version of 'Golden Dream'. YOU DON'T NEED TO TRY AND IMPROVE SOME THINGS!!! Even though you think you are with your "more classic, more relevant, more timeless, more Disney" drivel. Fail.

I am thinking (this time) this had nothing to do with Chapek on this one. Wasn't this TDO and Imagineering out of Celebration or no?,,,but its about on par with the Hall of Presidents, flat ending. I dont get the trend nor do I like it really.

prberk

40. [woman with long blonde hair and glasses]

Gloria Steinem

140318183319-04-gloria-steinem-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

WAP20131120382_md-2.jpg

41. Sandra Day O'Connor

Sandra Day O'Connor is being sworn in be Chief Justice Warren Burger (they edited out her husband from the iconic pic).

5553386728_3a251f0b46_b.jpg

50. [hip hop producer]

Quincy Jones directing We Are the World

52. [AIDS Scientist]

Appearing there also is...

Ryan Wayne White (December 6, 1971 – April 8, 1990)[1] was an American teenager from Kokomo, Indiana, who became a national poster child for HIV/AIDS in the United States after failing to be re-admitted to school following an AIDS diagnosis. As a hemophiliac, he became infected with HIV from a contaminated blood treatment (Factor VIII) and, when diagnosed in December 1984, was given six months to live. Doctors said he posed no risk to other students, but AIDS was poorly understood by the general public at the time. When Ryan tried to return to school, many parents and teachers in Howard County rallied against his attendance due to concerns of the disease spreading through bodily fluid transfer. A lengthy administrative appeal process ensued, and news of the conflict turned Ryan into a popular celebrity and advocate for AIDS research and public education. Surprising his doctors, Ryan White lived five years longer than predicted but died on April 8, 1990, one month before his high school graduation.​
53. 9/11 Responders.

Guy with the bullhorn is GH Bush.

59. [woman with 2 small children]

That's Bill & Melinda Gates with children
Did they take Ryan White out of the montage? His photo appearing always was emotional for me. I remember the way he was treated, and the faith and courage that he espoused.

Meeko77

Went to see the 3p show today (for the first time since the rehab), and I only saw about 30 seconds of it. The curtain went up as Ben Franklin and Mark Twain were talking, and then it went back down as they continued to talk. The cast member apologized for the technical difficulties and asked everyone to leave the theater. One guest said, “And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the American Adventure!” Very disappointing, but I’m curious more than anything if it were simply the curtain or a more complex issue. Didn’t see anything on social media, so guessing maybe it was the only show that was down today.

Tom Morrow

I hadn't seen this in 6 or 7 years and saw it yesterday. I have no complaints. It looked great and new ending renditions are fine. The drums in the final chorus don't quite fit but they're not terrible either.

cjkeating

Went to see the 3p show today (for the first time since the rehab), and I only saw about 30 seconds of it. The curtain went up as Ben Franklin and Mark Twain were talking, and then it went back down as they continued to talk. The cast member apologized for the technical difficulties and asked everyone to leave the theater. One guest said, “And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the American Adventure!” Very disappointing, but I’m curious more than anything if it were simply the curtain or a more complex issue. Didn’t see anything on social media, so guessing maybe it was the only show that was down today.

In December the show wouldn't start and we were asked to leave. Very unexpected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom