News American Adventure Refurb, New Projectors and Ending Video

P_Radden

On a different topic regarding the American Adventure pavilion.. I know it's not a big deal and most guests never notice, but this building would really look better with new roof shingles. I'd never noticed how aged these were if I hadn't just replaced my own 20-yr-old roof, just happend to look up there while waiting near the restrooms.
20180205_163417.jpg

JoeCamel

On a different topic regarding the American Adventure pavilion.. I know it's not a big deal and most guests never notice, but this building would really look better with new roof shingles. I'd never noticed how aged these were if I hadn't just replaced my own 20-yr-old roof, just happend to look up there while waiting near the restrooms.
View attachment 264486
Pretty sure they are going for a slate roof look and the shingles are made not to be uniform.

Bocabear

View attachment 264486
Yeah I agree...I just had a portion of my house re-stuccoed and it looks nice and smooth... Maybe they should consider a fresh coat of smooth stucco and paint for this area of epcot...it looks so old and aged...lol
1518791846799.png

P_Radden

Yeah I agree...I just had a portion of my house re-stuccoed and it looks nice and smooth... Maybe they should consider a fresh coat of smooth stucco and paint for this area of epcot...it looks so old and aged...lol
View attachment 264507
I wasn't trying to nit-pick but rather asking about it seriously. If they are meant to look like that then I understand, but to me it just looks like they're postponing replacing an aging roof.

RobotWolf

That pic of AA looks like very unintentional water damage; though possibly just the paint. Regardless, they not only need to repaint or replace the shingles. But they also need to route that drainage somewhere else.

PB Watermelon

I know. Jeff was.. closer..

If even half of the stories about Eisner in Taylor's DisneyWar are true, the man was a paranoid narcissist of the first order. Katzenberg had his issues, too. After getting stopped by security trying to take artwork from the Animation Research Library, Katzenberg got a phone call (can't remember if it was Roy or not, maybe Wells, can't remember), anyway, Katzenberg gets a call asking him what had happened. Katzenberg replied that Walt used to take artwork home all the time. "You're not Walt Disney." Jeff was told. Jeff shot back, "I'm the new Walt Disney."

Yeah. Let that one sink in.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If even half of the stories about Eisner in Taylor's DisneyWar are true, the man was a paranoid narcissist of the first order. Katzenberg had his issues, too. After getting stopped by security trying to take artwork from the Animation Research Library, Katzenberg got a phone call (can't remember if it was Roy or not, maybe Wells, can't remember), anyway, Katzenberg gets a call asking him what had happened. Katzenberg replied that Walt used to take artwork home all the time. "You're not Walt Disney." Jeff was told. Jeff shot back, "I'm the new Walt Disney."

Yeah. Let that one sink in.
Oh yes. Between them their egos were big enough for a new gate.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That pic of AA looks like very unintentional water damage; though possibly just the paint. Regardless, they not only need to repaint or replace the shingles. But they also need to route that drainage somewhere else.
Could very well be part of Irma damage, and a little lower priority than some other Irma damage repair.

RobotWolf

Could very well be part of Irma damage, and a little lower priority than some other Irma damage repair.

If it were just from Irma, the water wouldn't be flowing straight down based on the sediment trail (because of the winds). This mess took a couple of seasons to create.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom