Am I the only who ignores Universal?

What if you are looking for new state of the art attractions? Yeah, Disney wins in the really old moving park bench rides. Yea!!!! If that is what you're looking for and LOVE paying ridiculous amounts of $$$$ for a big batch of "nothing new".

nobody is disagreeing with you, you're your own worst enemy right now. EVERY post on this thread in the last few pages has essentially agreed that Universal is first in "state of the art". Disney is first in "family friendly". They both do different things better. And they should, that's what makes them unique from each other.

You're arguing with yourself here lol

Disneyhead'71

nobody is disagreeing with you, you're your own worst enemy right now. EVERY post on this thread in the last few pages has essentially agreed that Universal is first in "state of the art". Disney is first in "family friendly". They both do different things better. And they should, that's what makes them unique from each other.

You're arguing with yourself here lol
When I grew up, Disney was #1 at everything. Most specifically "State of the Art". The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean weren't game changers because toddlers can ride them. Imagineering didin't call themeselves that because they excel at coma inducing attractions. If Disney wants to hand the crown to Universal in "State of the Art" attractions, and is satisfied with cornering the market in toddler rides, I'm sure Legoland is quaking in their boots. Universal? Not so much.

I am not going to apologize for wanting Disney be an industry leader. I'm not even sure that "toddler friendly" is a catagory in the industry of attraction development. And if that is all Disney fans have to hang their hat on, then "Game Over".

Last edited:
I am not going to apologize for wanting Disney be an industry leader. I'm not even sure that "toddler friendly" is a catagory in the industry of attraction development. And if that is all Disney fans have to hang their hat on, then "Game Over".

And if it is, then so what? People enjoy what they enjoy. There's no use getting worked up over it. ;)

luv

And if it is, then so what? People enjoy what they enjoy.
Many people - including most children - want something other than All Toddler, All The Time.

Disney was built on the foundation of having rides that appealed to adults as well as kids. The concept worked very, very well.

Disney fans are a little sad to see it slide into being old, dirty and pre-school focused. They're even building new bathrooms to hide dirt, rather than keep the restrooms clean.

BryceM

I think Disney still produces quality attractions and lands.. But not at WDW. Just look what they've done to DCA. The park is gorgeous now, and Cars Land rivals the works done by Universal Creative with WWoHP at IOA. Or glance over at HKDL. Mystic Manor appears to be one of the world's greatest dark rides. It shows what Disney can do with no shackles to an IP. Disney used to be this way with WDW, but it seems they are far too concerned with cramming whatever is popular at the moment into their parks... Their WDW parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ And not just the parks. More DVC, Magicbands, trying to fixing the mess of a shopping area... whilst the parks stagnate and stumble forward under the guise of turnstyles clicks = unlimited success.
Jessica Reif Cohen of Merrill Lynch called the segment's third-quarter results "very impressive" during the conference call
icon1.png

"It seems pretty clear that new attractions drive attendance," she said.

Last edited:
Many people - including most children - want something other than All Toddler, All The Time.

Disney was built on the foundation of having rides that appealed to adults as well as kids. The concept worked very, very well.

Disney fans are a little sad to see it slide into being old, dirty and pre-school focused. They're even building new bathrooms to hide dirt, rather than keep the restrooms clean.

...just because a ride doesn't have a height requirement doesn't mean it's "All Toddler, All the Time".

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No the content does, The new Ariel could have been a GREAT dark ride, But they left the lights full on so toddlers would not be scared of the dark...

Yet ironically they turned off all of the ambient lights in the Peoplemover and don't warn anyone of the PITCH BLACK darkness that happens for a good 3-4 minutes.

Fordlover

I'd say Disney used to have a better 'model'. While at Disney, I've never sat down at a dirty table, ever...

While at Universal, we sat down at a table that was sticky with ice cream mess. It was never cleaned while we were there eating our meal, and the other tables weren't much better. The harry potter ride has more wow factor to me than any Disney ride, but not as classy of a park when it comes to the small things.

While Disney seems to be letting the theme of rides go to hell, at least they still clean the place.

Disneyhead'71

I'd say Disney used to have a better 'model'. While at Disney, I've never sat down at a dirty table, ever...

While at Universal, we sat down at a table that was sticky with ice cream mess. It was never cleaned while we were there eating our meal, and the other tables weren't much better. The harry potter ride has more wow factor to me than any Disney ride, but not as classy of a park when it comes to the small things.

While Disney seems to be letting the theme of rides go to hell, at least they still clean the place.
Every time I have ridden Buzz Lightyear's the queue has been full of trash.

luv

Space, behind the wall if you go that way on the left, is often full of trash, too. It's also cheap, ugly and dirty and not very nice at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom