Am I the only who ignores Universal?

jlsHouston

tumblr_mt57pjqwnu1s0teago1_400.gif

OMG LOVE this movie and LOVE this scene!!!!

mharrington

Original Poster
I have also never visited Uni on either coast.
Never had a real desire to be honest.

I have come close to spending one day there a few years ago, when i met up with some friends in Orlando and they expressed interest.
It never happened, as we ended up going to Sea World instead which i later regretted.
SW was very dissapointing to me.
I remember when it used to be a beautiful local attraction with a lot to see and do and now it just comes off as a thrill-park wannabe.
For someone who is not a major coaster enthusiast and extreme thrill ride fan there was little to do there.
I spent most of my time sitting around while my friends rode all the main attractions.

Great for them...dull as blunt nails for me.

I think that experience really soured my desire to explore further down the road.
The money lost on a day at SW made me bitter ( same admission as the MK at the time!)
Uni markets itself as primarily a 'thrill ride park' and i am just not a huge fan of extreme coasters and ride experiences that throw my body around.
I prefer tamer experiences and beautifully themed areas, which i am sure Uni has but it is not enough to get me to visit.

So yeah....i have little interest in Uni.
Who knows though, i may give it a chance in a couple of years.

Disneyland is where i am investing my visitation dollars now.

Thanks! I was worried that I was the only one who did not do Universal. I do like thrill rides, but I can do that almost anywhere. There have been a few times when I've been to, say, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk or Great America. The Disney parks, especially Disneyland, however, are something else: great experiences. Maybe I will check out Universal some time in the future, but only if someone, not my family, were to fund it for me.

By the way, what's that movie clip up there?

lilclerk

I extended our usual week-long stay to a 15-day stay a few years back [a year after Potter opened]. We spent roughly half our time at Universal.
I couldn't spend that much time only at Universal. I think 3 days would be my maximum. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Uni and go for a day or two every trip, but it doesn't have the full "resort" feel that WDW has.

Matt_Black

Yeah, I've never had the desire, even with the Marvel stuff, though to be fair, when they debuted it, I was way WAY more into DC.

Having said that, if Uni ever made an attraction based on Firefly/ Serenity, what with you flyin' through the 'verse with Mal and his crew, dodging both the Alliance and Reavers, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Graham9

We're coming to WDW end of next month and we have a couple of days scheduled for Universal and Islands of Adventure pencilled in. They are not - or ever will be - Disney, but they are worth a look in. We did give them a miss for a few years, but it seems they are slowly getting better. Besides, we come not just to see WDW, but the best in what Orlando has to offer.

me_stitch

Premium Member
we've done two 10-day DW trips and have yet to do Universal, we've also done two DL trips recently and have gone to Universal both times, only because there's less to do at DL. We did do Sea World on both of our DW trips though.

The Empress Lilly

Am I the only one here who has never been to Universal?
Yes.

It would be a shame never to visit UNI. I'll always be a WDW person. UNI doesn't emotionally connect with me. I find it loud and abrassive. But not vulgar, UNI is too much quality for that, and besides, nobody does vulgar like WDW. So UNI is not something to be avoided.

If you go to Orlando regularly, then you owe it to yourself to pay UNI a visit at some point. The rides are fantastic, a great many blow Disney's away. And some parts are quite pleasant and pretty.

The Empress Lilly

I haven't been to USO, but I've been to USH many times, and I love it. Wouldn't doubt I'd love USO as well.
I've seen both, although USH was ages ago. They're very different. The whole studio tour aspect gives USH an identity all of its own. Although I guess that if you like one you will like the other too.

UNI Orlando is to WDW what USH is to DLR. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom