Am I the only who ignores Universal?

Would you say that Catastrophe Canyon is not Family friendly then. The effects at CC are almost exactly the same as the effects at Disaster. Give kids a little credit. If they are told it's just make-believe that will be fine with most everything. Hollywood Makeup Show? Really? Beetlejuice is just music basically. I see no reason why that would be a problem. Then add in Shrek and Dispicable Me plus Simpson and I think you have a pretty family friendly environment. I never noticed a height requirement for ET, but I'd think it would be fairly easy to reach.
I don't for a minute think that Men in Black is a family ride. Tall or not! That aside, there is a pretty good sized selection at IOA as well.

I would say that Catastrophe Canyon isn't a family ride, and I never said it was so I'm not exactly sure what the point of that was..?

The Horror Makeup Show features some disturbing images in the video clips and lots of blood effects as well as some risque humor. Beetlejuice features risqué humor and lyrics. There are blatant warnings at the front of the entrance to each of these attractions warning parents about the content of these shows, so even if you want to argue they're family friendly, Universal themselves would disagree with you.

Just because you didn't notice a height requirement for ET doesn't mean it's not there. It is.

I understand that kids understand make-believe, but that doesn't mean they still aren't bothered by loud noises or up-close pyro effects. Or that parents are ok with them being subjected to certain humor. That being said, I never said that Disney was perfectly family-friendly either. A lot of their rides can be pretty intense too, they just seem to have more for the kids in mind.

googilycub

The point of my response was that your point was moot.
No, my point was not moot. As I said, it is FAR MORE common of an issue at Universal, and Six Flags park, than it is in WDW. You wanted a simularity between the two, there is one. At like it or not, it seems as though unsupervised teens are more likely to impare the my enjoyment when I am around them, vs a supervised group. It is one thing that keeps me from going to Universal.

And so I will not be labeled a pixie dust snorter, I noticed the same thing at DL this past summer, and it will keep me from going back there as well.

Disneyhead'71

I would say that Catastrophe Canyon isn't a family ride, and I never said it was so I'm not exactly sure what the point of that was..?

The Horror Makeup Show features some disturbing images in the video clips and lots of blood effects as well as some risque humor. Beetlejuice features risqué humor and lyrics. There are blatant warnings at the front of the entrance to each of these attractions warning parents about the content of these shows, so even if you want to argue they're family friendly, Universal themselves would disagree with you.

Just because you didn't notice a height requirement for ET doesn't mean it's not there. It is.

I understand that kids understand make-believe, but that doesn't mean they still aren't bothered by loud noises or up-close pyro effects. Or that parents are ok with them being subjected to certain humor. That being said, I never said that Disney was perfectly family-friendly either. A lot of their rides can be pretty intense too, they just seem to have more for the kids in mind.
You and your kids should stick with the exciting park benches at Walt Disney World. WaHOOO HANDs in the air.......on a park bench.

StarWarsGirl

I've been on this forum for a long time now, and it seems as though everyone here seems to think that Universal is stealing away people from WDW. Maybe it's true, but it seems like I'm the only one who would just continue to go to only WDW and just ignore Universal. Every time my family and I plan a trip to Florida, we always fold WDW into the proceedings, but never Universal. Considering all the talk on here about WDW vs. Universal, am I the only one here who doesn't even think about Universal when we do a trip to Florida?
I don't think about it simply because WDW with our annuals is less expensive than Universal, especially with the premiums allowing us in Disneyquest and the water parks. Plenty to do. That, and we'd probably want to stay at Universal, and right now, that's just not in the budget (DVC members), especially since we just went to Disneyland and Hawaii in June and Florida in August, not to mention Hershey (twice for me, once for my mom and brother) and South Carolina in December. I'd like to go; I might do it if and when I do the CP. But for now, I'll stick with WDW.

Disneyhead'71

No, my point was not moot. As I said, it is FAR MORE common of an issue at Universal, and Six Flags park, than it is in WDW. You wanted a simularity between the two, there is one. At like it or not, it seems as though unsupervised teens are more likely to impare the my enjoyment when I am around them, vs a supervised group. It is one thing that keeps me from going to Universal.

And so I will not be labeled a pixie dust snorter, I noticed the same thing at DL this past summer, and it will keep me from going back there as well.
Well, I am shocked that teens prefer rides that um.... actually move, than spectacularly themed park benches. My teens would rather have a root canal than go to the MK.

Californian Elitist

It's moot to me. If it happens everywhere, it doesn't matter to me if it happens more in one place. The fact of the matter is, it happens everywhere. And I'm not looking for similarities like those. Moot, yet again.

I wasn't going to call you a snorter. The more people who stay away from DL (except a few people here), the better. Crowds are getting ridiculous.

Disneyhead'71

I don't think about it simply because WDW with our annuals is less expensive than Universal, especially with the premiums allowing us in Disneyquest and the water parks. Plenty to do. That, and we'd probably want to stay at Universal, and right now, that's just not in the budget (DVC members), especially since we just went to Disneyland and Hawaii in June and Florida in August, not to mention Hershey (twice for me, once for my mom and brother) and South Carolina in December. I'd like to go; I might do it if and when I do the CP. But for now, I'll stick with WDW.
So you would prefer to go to Hersheypark than Universal Resort Orlando. Umm...OK. Chocolate is good.

You have to understand that rides that actually move are (by Disney fans definition) thrill rides. Park benches are for more suited to the Disney Demo than the thrill rides known as moving walkways at Universal.

I don't mean to be rude, but this somewhat is trolling, contrary to your previous post. It really adds nothing to the conversation at hand rather than to wind up everyone who is in disagreement with you.
You and your kids should stick with the exciting park benches at Walt Disney World. WaHOOO HANDs in the air.......on a park bench.

Not everyone is a thrill ride junkie. I love em, my daughters hate em. They like the rides at Disney that are based on movies that they know, and that don't feature anything too unexpected. I'm sorry they are young and aren't thrill seekers and that we can't enjoy Universal as a family as much as you can, but there's no need for you to be a jerk about it. If you'd like, I can give you a list of rides that Disney offers that have a bit more "family" appeal that aren't park benches but I'm sure you'd have a clever and irrelevant reply no matter how good a point I make so I won't bother.

For being so quick to call out pixie dust snorters, you sure are the Universal fanboy.....

I am old enough to remember when Disney had the cajones to build Tower of Terror. One of the greatest rides ever built. Now because of hyperactive special needs kids and Grammy with the pacemaker we get Storytime as an attraction.

I very much enjoy your slide toward less fortunate children and deriding such "special needs kids" for enjoying certain attractions you don't. That's very classy. Keep it up.

Disneyhead'71

I don't mean to be rude, but this somewhat is trolling, contrary to your previous post. It really adds nothing to the conversation at hand rather than to wind up everyone who is in disagreement with you.

Not everyone is a thrill ride junkie. I love em, my daughters hate em. They like the rides at Disney that are based on movies that they know, and that don't feature anything too unexpected. I'm sorry they are young and aren't thrill seekers and that we can't enjoy Universal as a family as much as you can, but there's no need for you to be a jerk about it. If you'd like, I can give you a list of rides that Disney offers that have a bit more "family" appeal that aren't park benches but I'm sure you'd have a clever and irrelevant reply no matter how good a point I make so I won't bother.

For being so quick to call out pixie dust snorters, you sure are the Universal fanboy.....
I'm sorry, I'm in a particularly surly/jovial mood tonight. But we are talking Amusement Parks (which Theme Parks are a subset of) and if things that move aren't their schtick then maybe WDW is their cup of tea.

And Clever and Irrelevant is what online fanbios do best. :)

Disneyhead'71

I very much enjoy your slide toward less fortunate children and deriding such "special needs kids" for enjoying certain attractions you don't. That's very classy. Keep it up.
You forgot to include my swipe at Grammy with the pacemaker. Lord forgive me, I'm a poor hillbilly to whom PC still means "Personal Computer".

StarWarsGirl

So you would prefer to go to Hersheypark than Universal Resort Orlando. Umm...OK. Chocolate is good.
No, I live in Baltimore. Hershey is close and less expensive at this point in time. I paid around $45 with the AAA discount the first time and the second time $25 with transportation up from my school. In Florida we'd have to rent a car or take a cab or switch to a (more expensive) hotel room, buy another set of passes, which I'm guessing are more expensive than Universal's passes, and probably get the special pass you pay for that works like a Fastpass(unless I went with my parents and they have something similar to DAC. My brother has autism and can handle Hershey on a non-crowded day, which is when we go, and WDW with DAC, formerly GAC, but DAC should work . And we'd probably want to do it during our winter trip, but I'm going separately from my parent's and another pass definitely isn't in my friend's budget. I have looked into it, but at this point in time, it's not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom