Am I the only person who is not a fan of Pool Hopping???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwitkus

Let me first start by saying that I do not mean any disrespect to anyone with this thread, but I have to say that the idea of pool hopping really bothers me!!

The last thing I want when I go to my resort pool is to find the place crowded both on land and in the water.. I hate getting there and finding no chairs available or so many people in the water that you can't move without swimming into someone or getting kicked by someone as they are swimming..

Granted I always assumed this was a result of a crowded resort, but now I must ask, is this a result of pool hoppers? And if it is, I have to say I would like to see more control of the pool areas to keep them limited to those guests who are paying for the priveledge of swimming there...

Am I the only person who feels this way???

:veryconfu :veryconfu

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: I.P. Freely!

Originally posted by wdwmagic

The poster states that the brochure was provided by his TRAVEL AGENT, and not Disney CRO. Travel agents are notorious for providing incorrect information (either deliberately or through misunderstandings or outdated info). At the end of the day, Travel Agents can say whatever they feel like, whether it is endorsed by Disney or not.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....that's what they all say.

Upvote 0

tenchu

Re: Re: Re: Re: I.P. Freely!

Originally posted by YankeeFan

Yeah, yeah, yeah....that's what they all say.

I don't want to sound rude, or for this to be construed as an insult to you, and as much as i love a good debate, but....

I think its time to give up.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
And now .. next up representing Great Britain is John Smith.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Spladoooosh.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

With 4 theme parks, more resorts to explore and eat at than I'll ever get to, DTD(especially PI):D , The Boardwalk, 2 mini-golf courses, etc. etc., not to mention 2 theme parks and CityWalk at USO, who's got time to swim. :lol: :animwink: I can't find time to go to BB or TL, much less time enough to try and sneak into Stormalong Bay or the Dig Site. I'll be there for 10 days in late Jan and I can't imagine I'll see a very good portion of WDW and US/IOA. That's why I'm going back in May and Oct. I'm curious. How much time do you all spend swimming at WDW? Also, when do you swim?

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Big Pooh
With 4 theme parks, more resorts to explore and eat at than I'll ever get to, DTD(especially PI):D , The Boardwalk, 2 mini-golf courses, etc. etc., not to mention 2 theme parks and CityWalk at USO, who's got time to swim. :lol: :animwink: I can't find time to go to BB or TL, much less time enough to try and sneak into Stormalong Bay or the Dig Site. I'll be there for 10 days in late Jan and I can't imagine I'll see a very good portion of WDW and US/IOA. That's why I'm going back in May and Oct. I'm curious. How much time do you all spend swimming at WDW? Also, when do you swim?

Cheers :wave:

When you have little kids an afternoon at the pool is a nice break.
Poolhoppers find time to poolhop because by 11am they have tried unsuccessfully to sneak into the 4 theme parks,and its the next logical thing to do.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by JungleJim

When you have little kids an afternoon at the pool is a nice break.
Poolhoppers find time to poolhop because by 11am they have tried unsuccessfully to sneak into the 4 theme parks,and its the next logical thing to do.

...LMAO....this is too funny...serial sneaks!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

kaos

Originally posted by RobFL
Sadly, this reminded me of the drunk people i've seen swwimming in the pond at DTD....

-Rob

HEY!!!!

I resemble those drunk pond swimmers...

Those legos are a lot sharper than they look....

:zipit: :zipit: :zipit:

Upvote 0

celticdog

Originally posted by The Mom
I think he means having gates barring access to any part of the resort grounds, except for the lobby,restaurants, and shops. That way you would have to use a room key to unlock a gate or door to get to the pool.

That's exactly what i mean. At the Hilton Head resort you cannot get to the beach house pool without a roomkey, unless you can climb a 10' wood fence. And then that would be tresspassing.

A more severe option would be to only allow resort guests access to any part of that particular resort. The only exceptions would be dinner reservations gauranteed with a credit card as to eliminate no shows and those sneaky petes. Those that don't show for dinner would receive "no show" charge. Many restaurants around here already use the credit card "no show" charges.

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

Let this end... put it this way would you go into someone else's backyard and swim in their pool? I think that's called trespassing!! Everyone have a Disney day!!!:) :cool:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by SnowWhite5669
Let this end... put it this way would you go into someone else's backyard and swim in their pool? I think that's called trespassing!! Everyone have a Disney day!!!:) :cool:

If I cant pool hop, is aqua aerobics acceptable? got to burn off those turkey legs somehow.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by SnowWhite5669

While I don't agree with that particular statement (at all!), I think this does need to end....

Unless everyone is just into some really healthy debate with nobody getting angry - in that case, let's keep talking! I love to debate! :)

Upvote 0

Lilo

This debate can go on forever. There are those opposed to pool hopping (like me) and those who feel they are entitled to anything they can get away with. As I said earlier, as long as I can get a chair at the Beach Club (I'm willing to share with my husband and son) and swim without having to bump into a million people, I wouldn't know if the person next to me is staying in the resorts by Stormalong Bay or not.

I'll be there for Thanksgiving - hope you all have a Turkey Legs day.:lol:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Bottom line is... what's the right thing to do and what's the wrong thing to do. Just depends on where you want to put yourself.

:animwink:

Upvote 0

dreamer

I agree that we should end this thread. Let's start another one like:

How to get towels, bedspreads, pictures and anything that's not nailed down out of your Disney Resort room without being noticed because it doesn't cost anyone anything and it's my right just because I don't have money to pay for those things I'm just as good as the people that do so there.:kiss:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by dreamer
I agree that we should end this thread. Let's start another one like:

How to get towels, bedspreads, pictures and anything that's not nailed down out of your Disney Resort room without being noticed because it doesn't cost anyone anything and it's my right just because I don't have money to pay for those things I'm just as good as the people that do so there.:kiss:

or how to sneak out of restaurants without paying so you get your meals free and have more money for other things.

Only kidding guys and gals.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom