Am I the only one who thinks Soarin is overrated?

gamblepsu

I think the ride fits perfectly in the Land pavilion. You are flying over, and looking at...land. How does this not fit?

As for the ride itself, I like it. It's not amazing, but everyone can enjoy this ride, it is beautiful, and evokes a good feeling. It's also updateable, which is good for the future of the attraction.
So are the ABC TV trivia questions on the monitors outside 'Sounds Dangerous' and those are the same since the late nineties early 2000's.

That being said, I LOVE Soarin' and the music makes it even more enjoyable

CP_alum08

I COMPLETELY agree (about Test Track being overrated), I mean...it's a car ride.

And about other comments regarding "re-rideablilty", I disagree about that too. Last visit, we couldn't do alot of the thrill rides because my wife was pregnant, so we concentrated on Soarin', ride it 7 times over the course of four days, and could easily have ridden it another 7 times.

At the very least Test Track is themed to the T.

I think Soarin' is a very good show, extremely unique, but undeniably overrated, it seems to be advertised as the best attraction in EPCOT, no way. I don't have much critisism for it, it's just somewhat overhyped, especially after riding it more than 2 times.

stefan74

Im not going to say if it is overrated or underrated, however, I will put it like this.

It is worth a 15-20 minute wait (maybe even up to 30 if it is really hot outside)
It is not worth a 30+ minute wait.

That is how I would classify it to me. Love the attraction, but not worth spending an hour waiting for it.

I agree with you.

Walt Disney1955

We waited 65 minutes for Soarin. It certainly isn't worth that long of a wait, but then again people wait 45 minutes to ride Peter Pan if they don't have the foresight to get a fastpass.

Still, anymore than 30 minutes for Soarin is not worth it, besides the queue is terrible, no theme at all

bhg469

The screen was really blurry on our trip last week. I thought it looked terrible and I seem to like the ride less every time.

Fable McCloud

I think I'll give it a shot, since I didn't get to last time I went. We'll probably grab a Fastpass as soon as we get there and go take in the Figment attraction while we wait.

I feel the same about Small World. It's cute, but not worth a 45-75 minute wait. Once you've seen it, it's not necessary to see it every time.

Mickey is King

they botched it from the start @ wdw...
bad theaming, blurry picture, and yes they put it in the wrong spot by golly.. now the land pavilion is totally packed all day long, not just a little packed either..... The attraction more than warrants it's own building/pavillion along the lines of star tours or something. Ya know ,like the one in Cali. is.

the1nonlysinger

Personally I love the ride, never get tired of it, but it's hard to wait over an hour or more for almost anything.

I'm in the same boat... have ridden it dozens of times and will never get sick of it. It will be our very FIRST ride when we make it to WDW in December. My husband and I are not into the high intensity thrill-rides, so this is PERFECT for us.

(Last trip was DH's first to the World- when you ask what he liked most about the entire trip- his answer is always the same: Soarin' -- with a huge grin on his face! :D)

Sorry, not with you on the overrated part... but to each his own. :shrug:

Completely over rated. It is a ride that you basically have to plan your whole day around which annoys me. I cannot fathom why it seems to always have a 1 hr plus wait.

~Amanda

T-1MILLION

Like many others here I definately agree its the most overrated ride on property.

It does the same thing both Horizons and Back to the Future did over 20 years ago...only they did it better and with more theming including transitions. The feet hanginging gimmick is not enough to keep me going back.

C&D

When the lines start dwindling then I'll concede that it's overrated (after all, rating are defined by popularity). It doesn't have to be your favorite but that doesn't affect overall rating. I personally think it is rated right where it should be; could be better, could be updated but still a fine attraction that hasn't lost much of its appeal.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I dont know. Maybe it's just because Im still mourning over the closure of my once favorite ride, Food Rocks(though as Ive seen vids of it, Im starting to prefer Kitchen Kabaret) but I honestly think that Soarin is a bit overrated. Yes its a good ride if youre sitting on top but if your in the middle or bottom, you can see the floor and the feet of people above you which kinda ruins the experience. Plus, I refuse to wait for and hour and a half to sit in a chair to watch a movie. Like i said, I may just still be looking in the past but I was just wondering if anyone has the same opinion as me.

In my top 3 rides at EPCOT without a doubt!!!!

If it was my last day and fastpasses were all gone then i would que for it but generally i pick up a fastpass in the am. and love this ride!!

Really fun and would consider my trip incomplete without it :sohappy:

I find it soothing and I always enjoy it - nothing in the pavilion is jarring, which I like especially after a meal. I always eat, do Living with the Land and The Circle of Life, by then the fastpass is usually ready to rock.

The wait, however is a little too long - but we keep going back - that's Disney.

The music and visual landscapes are great and the scent in the air is cool...I can see the need to update the ride soon, it wouldn't be costly and would reinvigorate buzz - and then the lines get longer!

The Incredible Schmulk

I think I've posted something similar once before, but I really think the ride is in dire need of a refurb, and I also don't think the California theme fits Epcot. The ride idea is nice, but I'd like to see the video themed more towards "The Land" in general, instead of the land of one state.

If line queue length is indicative of the rating of an attraction, I'd definitely say it's overrated. I don't think we'll be riding it again until I hear something about it to compel me to go back.

SuperSaint

I wasn't all that impressed with it. I unfortunately got a seat a bit off to the left and was not fully "immersed" into the screen as I saw the edges. We had a fast pass, so it was definitely worth the wait for me. I wouldn't have ridden it without a fastpass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom