Am I the only one who thinks Soarin is overrated?

PhotoDave219

I dont know. Maybe it's just because Im still mourning over the closure of my once favorite ride, Food Rocks(though as Ive seen vids of it, Im starting to prefer Kitchen Kabaret) but I honestly think that Soarin is a bit overrated. Yes its a good ride if youre sitting on top but if your in the middle or bottom, you can see the floor and the feet of people above you which kinda ruins the experience. Plus, I refuse to wait for and hour and a half to sit in a chair to watch a movie. Like i said, I may just still be looking in the past but I was just wondering if anyone has the same opinion as me.

Yes. Go spend your money at Six Flags.

awoogala

yup. never got the point of people going nuts. reminds me of all the circlevision movies we used to go into. except we stood up, and sometimes fell over. I don't think the chairs being off the ground add that much. If it weren't for fp, and the fact that my son loves it, I would never have ridden it a second time.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
To the answer's the OP's question - No. You're not the only one who thinks Soarin' is over rated. In fact, 23.7% of guests have this opinion, 22.3% think its under rated, 41.0% think its rated exactly as it should be and 13.0% wonder where the song that referenced "good melon rinds" can be found.

JillC LI

I dont know. Maybe it's just because Im still mourning over the closure of my once favorite ride, Food Rocks(though as Ive seen vids of it, Im starting to prefer Kitchen Kabaret) but I honestly think that Soarin is a bit overrated. Yes its a good ride if youre sitting on top but if your in the middle or bottom, you can see the floor and the feet of people above you which kinda ruins the experience. Plus, I refuse to wait for and hour and a half to sit in a chair to watch a movie. Like i said, I may just still be looking in the past but I was just wondering if anyone has the same opinion as me.

I won't wait an hour and a half for ANY ride (not even 10 days ago when the MK had 9.4 level crowds, and we still managed to do 16 attractions plus a parade, the Castle Lights show, brunch at Kona Cafe, dinner at Cosmic Rays, and some shopping). But Soarin' is my absolute favorite attraction, and if you get to EPCOT at rope drop, you can easily ride it once without a FP and once with a FP. We generally ask to sit in the top row for our first ride but don't care for subsequent rides. Feet or no feet, this attraction is truly magical for me.

Prototype82

For someone like me who knows the parks like the back of my hand but only visits somewhat rarely, it's a treat for the senses. I love it. But I feel like it needs a new film, and the black specks of dirt in the center of the scenery are really distracting...

Yelloweaver

Im with you. If its a walk on, I'll ride it, its not even worth a fast pass for me. however, I'll ride it because my 5 year old likes it, but really, its not worth it.
Spots on the screen/film, really needs a makeover.

Dad 2 M & M

I don't get it or Mission Space...and another thing!! Don't get the New Test Track or Star Wars either! Liked the old Test Track better; Star Wars did have a noticeable but not huge improvement.

Vii

Soarin' is definitely overrated, IMO. First time I went on it, I had to sit on the last row so I saw everyone's feet. Not to mention I was also placed on the very right of the last row and when I looked down, I saw a cast member working the machines or whatever it was and she was yawning! Next time I go, I'm gonna ask for one of the top seats cause I was not impressed... too distracted by people's feet.

AndyS2992

I'm pretty sure everyone knows how I feel about Soarin' by now lol but in my opinion it is definitely the worst ride at WDW closely followed by Stitch and Journey into Imagination

pumpkin7

I enjoyed it, I just wish I hadn't have queued for 2 hours for it. Totally not worth the wait, but I'd never been on it before so I didn't know.
My DH calls it Borin'.

real mad hatter

So you arrive at Epcot for the rope drop.You walk ( not run ) briskly to Soarin,you get FP for your party and walk to the boarding area and ask for Concourse 2 and the ask CM for the first row.When leaving the attraction you head for Sunshine Season for breakfast,then you head back to Soarin but get another FP for your party,and repeat the formulae.We done 3 rides in July.All in under two hours.Did I mention that it is my favourite attraction :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Soarin' is definitely overrated, IMO. First time I went on it, I had to sit on the last row so I saw everyone's feet. Not to mention I was also placed on the very right of the last row and when I looked down, I saw a cast member working the machines or whatever it was and she was yawning! Next time I go, I'm gonna ask for one of the top seats cause I was not impressed... too distracted by people's feet.
In actuality you would have had the same view in the second row. (you can only see the row ahead of you, not both) I definitely prefer the ride from the first row and will, on occasion, ask for it. But I still enjoy it from whatever row I get.

tink2044

I enjoy Soaring if I get to sit in the front. . The wait is always too long. I would like to see at WDW the east coast
areas and not west coast.

twinnstar

i too, think it is overrated. after hearing all the hoopla here, and avoiding it for years, i finally went on it and my sister and i were less than impressed. its like an imax movie, whats the big deal? i dont get it.

Chartley83

I think Soarin is a bit overrated. I enjoyed it the first time I rode it, but I would never wait over 30 minutes to ride it. We usually skip it if there's a long wait and no FP available for it.

Goofyernmost

I enjoy Soaring if I get to sit in the front. . The wait is always too long. I would like to see at WDW the east coast
areas and not west coast.
They can't very well use Florida unless you want to fly over flat, swamps for the entire ride. The east coast has some nice scenery but the further west you go the more scenic and intense it becomes. I don't have a problem, as I stated before with most of it being in California, but the ending should be redone to be WDW on the East Coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom