Am I the only one who thinks Soarin is overrated?

Master Gracey 5

Definitely overrated. I've ridden it twice over three visits - first time the scents didn't work, second time they did and I still wasn't all that crazy about it.

Don't get me wrong, its a good ride, but not two hour wait good.

loveofamouse

For me, it's not worth the wait. The only reason we ride is a)if we have disney virgins with us and b)we have a wheelchair pass that cuts the wait. If you aren't sitting in the first row, it kills. Second, I truly think the video should fly over FL, not CA.

bjlc57

the deal is this.. if you have been to the west coast, yosemite, and san Francisco, this ride hits you right between the eyes..

we had been to the afore named areas just the previous October.. so for us.. it was like redoing the previous vacation in spades..

it it marvolous..

however, for some, because they are limited in scope, not showing Florida, or Niagra falls, or the Mississippi river, or something in "your personal" backyard, the ride is "boring"..

its what you make of it..

the smells , the photography, the action..

this is a superior ride..

sorry it wasn't over your house..

get over it..

Tigger1988

the deal is this.. if you have been to the west coast, yosemite, and san Francisco, this ride hits you right between the eyes..

we had been to the afore named areas just the previous October.. so for us.. it was like redoing the previous vacation in spades..

it it marvolous..

however, for some, because they are limited in scope, not showing Florida, or Niagra falls, or the Mississippi river, or something in "your personal" backyard, the ride is "boring"..

get over it..

Uh....I've been to the places depicted in the film, it was nice the first few times but gets old REAL fast. I wouldn't want to see "my house" on film, I live there, show me something new.

People have opinions that differ from yours..

get over it..

itsmagical

It's ok, not one of those "must do" rides, but not one of those rides that you just skip over like Stitch. Depending on the line, I'll do it.

brent2124

it it marvolous..

get over it..
Not everyone has the same opinion as you do....

GET OVER IT!

Duckberg

The WAIT Rate

Im not going to say if it is overrated or underrated, however, I will put it like this.

It is worth a 15-20 minute wait (maybe even up to 30 if it is really hot outside)
It is not worth a 30+ minute wait.

That is how I would classify it to me. Love the attraction, but not worth spending an hour waiting for it.

EDIT: I know they use 2 theaters for FP and standby, but I think it is time for a new film. I know it has only been a little over 5 years for the Orlando attraction, I wish they could offer a different film in both theaters.

Good way of putting it! Duckberg :cool:

bhg469

I feel like the last time I saw it, the film seemed less blurry and unwatchable. maybe hd tv has ruined me but it was annoying to watch last week and I don't see goin on again until the ride is refurbished.

adv.bluedude

Original Poster

it it marvolous..

get over it..

What the hell are you talking about? It's not that it doesnt go over my house, it's that it gets stale fast especially in a park which is on about 3,000(probably wrong) miles from the state that it takes place in. Bring us somewhere new, somewhere that not a lot of people get to go to. Europe, Asia, America as a whole(though most of us have been there). If everyone wanted the ride to go over their house it would be Soarin over the Ghetto where you fly through the busy streets of the projects, listening to the beautiful sound of police sirens with the faint smell of weed in the air. i don't know why but now I kinda want to ride something like this...

musketeer

A movie flying over Florida would be really really boring. "Look, flat land...ooo look over there, more flat land....ooooo look over there, guess what...flat land."

adv.bluedude

Original Poster
A movie flying over Florida would be really really boring. "Look, flat land...ooo look over there, more flat land....ooooo look over there, guess what...flat land."

I would say instead of soarin over Florida, they should do something like Soarin over America or something like that. It could work really well

Mickey_777

You are not alone...while I like the ride, I don't like it enough to wait 80+ minutes to get on because the fastpasses are all gone by 10 am...

musketeer

You are not alone...while I like the ride, I don't like it enough to wait 80+ minutes to get on because the fastpasses are all gone by 10 am...

I think that being gone by 10am is a bit of an exaggeration. Our last visit was Dec 21st through Dec 24th, and they did run out of Soarin' fastpasses, but not until mid to late afternoon.

In fact, one day, we went to Epcot late in the afternoon (4pm-ish) with plans to ride Living with the Land before our dinner at the Garden Grill, and much to my surprise, there were still Soarin fastpasses available. So we had dinner, and rode Soarin' one last time.

Mickey_777

I think that being gone by 10am is a bit of an exaggeration. Our last visit was Dec 21st through Dec 24th, and they did run out of Soarin' fastpasses, but not until mid to late afternoon.

In fact, one day, we went to Epcot late in the afternoon (4pm-ish) with plans to ride Living with the Land before our dinner at the Garden Grill, and much to my surprise, there were still Soarin fastpasses available. So we had dinner, and rode Soarin' one last time.

Two weeks ago (Columbus day week) they were gone by 10am the two days I went and I never got to ride it at all during my trip. I didn't mean to say this is the case all the time. We've never had a problem getting on Soarin our previous trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom