Am I obsessed with Disney?

villianess

Original Poster
So - My husband thinks I'm "obsessed" with Disney.
I'm 28, and I LOVE the Disney parks! I'd rather go to DL or WDW than any other place for vacation - year after year. When I work out, I remind myself how I want to be in great shape for our Disney vacation. When I have a bad day, I think of myself on HM or POC. I always keep up to date with all the latest park news, read forums here everyday, listen to Podcasts, fantasize about maybe someday being a CM....I guess I've got it bad. :)
Anyway - are there others out there that are my age or older and still think the Disney parks are the greatest? Maybe it's because I never got to go as a kid....or maybe it's because I still believe in the mouse's "magic." Either way, I'm not a total wierdo because I enjoy things like looking at POC rehab pics, am I??

park_hopper4

Hey, your not the only one! I adore Disney, and can't wait to go back. Maybe its because I only went once when I was a kid. The magic lives at the Disney Parks and I love the whole thing! By the way, your not weird for looking at POC rehab pics, I was looking at them last night(either that, or else we're both weird!)

Rcoaster809

Alright, here is my diagnosis.

Yes, you are obsessed with Disney, but you know what? It's ok, I am too! And no, you are not a wierdo. I'm 20, and I would rather go to Disney World than most other vacation destinations. Also, looking at POTC rehab pics and enjoying them is perfectly ok, and probably normal for most of the people around here. After all, the government won't come after you for looking at a few undressed AAs.

MKCP 1985

What I tell people is that when you like the parks, the resorts, the whole thing, then a Disney vacation/holiday is a guaranteed good time. You can't get that guarantee with any other destination.

If it rains, there are things to do

No matter what time of year you go, there are diverse things to do.

Disney magic, if that's your thing.

Golf, boating, shopping, eating, dancing - fireworks, lasers, music, smells. It is all covered.

Yes, you are obsessed. It is okay. Enjoy it.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
No, you're not obsessed with Disney! If you were, you'd have a LOT more posts on WDWMagic! :lol:

I'm 46 years old. I'm sitting here reading the forums, wearing a Grumpy T-shirt and listening to tunes streaming from DisneyTunes. I go once a year, but may increase that soon.

I spent most of my day at the office today humming "There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow..."

I'd say you're perfectly normal, nothing out of the ordinary at all :lookaroun ...really!

Connor002

I'm obsessed with Disney, and proud of it! :sohappy:

Join the group... we wouldn't have an entire forum dedicated to something we hated.

villianess

Original Poster
I appreciate all the commradery! Some of my friends and co-workers think I should be more interested in going to Vegas and drinking for a week and taking part in more "adult vacation spots" than planning my WDW vacation in September so I can experience the new POC refurb when the park is slow. THAT is more fun to me than getting drunk! When I started coming to this site a lot, my husband was worried because he thought now I'd found other people just as "Disney wierd" as me to talk to. :p Although...he seems to have a fabulous time himself when we are at the parks! Last time he was complaing a bit about how much money we'd spent (almost $200 on BIG Mickey & Minnie stuffed toys) - then he said our vacation had been worth every penny. It's amazing how money seems to have no value when you're in the parks! We go through it like water and don't seem to mind!
I guess I just need to find something to jab back at him with when he makes fun of me (or rollls his eyes) when I'm all excited and telling him about a new ride rehab or something.

Disney isn't just a state of mind, age, or mentality. It's a state of happiness. It is the place that I and many others like yourself go, and feel total complete happiness, satisfaction, and always can recoup memories of our childhood and or past visits (and always with a smile) and I've passed this wonderful place and experience on to my children and you will also. Everyone has a special, magical place, and everyone on this board will agree, that our's and yours is Disney. Grasp it, and pull all the magic in and it will be with you and yours through out your life.:wave:

Disneygal99

You are so not weird at all! I am 24 years old and love Disney as much as you!! I too, would rather go to Disney than Vegas, or take some cruise or go someplace more tropical. I want to get engaged, married, and live in Disneyworld forever. I spend my nights sometimes just looking at the ride videos on this website pretending that I am there. I have all the Disney songs on my iPod. I also am motivated to get fit for my next Disney vacation. You are in good company at this website!! I can't wait to go back!!

christyj

No, you are not wierd, everyone else in the world who DOESNT think DL and WDL are the greatest are WIERD! My husband (38) Myself (33) sons 11 and 7 dream about Disney every day. As soon as we come back from our disney vacation we are planning our next years vacation. We finally broke down and bought in to the DVC. So we are going home to SSR in Sept. and cant wait. Disney is truely the happiest place on Earth!!

SallyShine

Today I went to the Disney Store to soak up a little pre-trip magic (2wks away) and to buy a few new shirts for myself. The manager was watching me look at the shirts and finally came over and said "How long until you leave?" I must have had a pre-trip glow going on. I was so excited that someone actually wanted to hear ALL the details of our trip. It was really nice talking with someone that was as excited about Disney as I am. I don't come across too many in my day to day life. My friends all think I'm a Disney Dork. I look at it this way, if you're going to have a vice, at least this one doesn't hurt anyone!

SirGoofy

Obsessed? Yes. Is that bad? NO! I'm totally obsessed. I sit in class and dream of being on Splash Mountain or Tower of Terror. I sit at home an dream of being an Imagineer. My friends think I'm crazy because I want to go to WDW rather than going on a cruise or to the beach. But guess what...I love it!

You are not alone in your obsession. Its all I can think about too. Disney does something to you no matter how old you are you feel like a kid again. I never went to WDW as a child at the age of 33 I took my first trip last Nov. My hubby didnt want to come with us he said disney was for kids he too had never been. I was planning on going with my parents without him until the boys convinced him to come. He fell in love, to see my husband in a mickey t-shirt (something i thought he would never wear) walking with my kids through magic kingdom is a memory I will never forget. We made a second trip in Feb and are going again in Dec and its all my husband and kids talk.....we are now all obsessed.....

lcsrig

I'm almost 34 and I feel EXACTLY the same way. Checking last info, listening to music on the web, posting/sharing on forums. I believe that the forums have made it much easier in between trips, too.
Hey CajunCinderella.... I'm just a few miles away!!!!

d'Isigny

villianess said:
So - My husband thinks I'm "obsessed" with Disney.
I'm 28, and I LOVE the Disney parks! I'd rather go to DL or WDW than any other place for vacation - year after year. When I work out, I remind myself how I want to be in great shape for our Disney vacation. When I have a bad day, I think of myself on HM or POC. I always keep up to date with all the latest park news, read forums here everyday, listen to Podcasts, fantasize about maybe someday being a CM....I guess I've got it bad. :)
Anyway - are there others out there that are my age or older and still think the Disney parks are the greatest? Maybe it's because I never got to go as a kid....or maybe it's because I still believe in the mouse's "magic." Either way, I'm not a total wierdo because I enjoy things like looking at POC rehab pics, am I??

hon...among this crowd...you're a novice...

My family thinks I'm crazy because I want to go every year (my wife may think this as well). Heck...I'd go twice a year if I could.

You go to Vegas...you what...stay in a hotel...go out to dinner...see shows...go shopping...kindly give them your money by pouring it into little machines that light up...

You go to a beach...and what...lay in the sun...swim...go to dinner...go shopping

Disney...you can drink...lay on a beach or by a pool...stay in a nice resort...go to dinner...enjoy shopping

AND...have a great time on rides...see live shows...fireworks...parades...boat rides...see animals...concerts...visit different countries...visit hollywood...and entreat your eyes to artistry from some of the top creative minds...

you can spend a lifetime at Disney and not see all the detail the artists have created for you...

no, you are not weird...just someone who appreciates the efforts Disney has gone through to provide you with the pinnacle of entertainment.

JEDIsney

Well I'm 16, and I do the same exact thing as everybody else. So I guess it's just as pathetic.

I have photos in frames all around my room, so wherever I look I am constantly reminded of my previous trips. I even have a certificate that CM's at the Animal Kingdom Lodge gave me for "pin festivities" with our pictures next to them. Actually, I still talk to them, and that was four years ago. That just shows how magical the cast members make your trip.

I have my lanyards hanging on my bedroom doorknob, and my Pal Mickey on my closet doorknob.

I have two drawers in my room called the "Disney drawers." They are completley full of random Walt Disney World items that I kept. From cups I saved after I had a drink, my fastpass receipts, my shopping receipts, and I have more than thirty empty bags from the stores that I kept.

Whenever I see, hear, or think of something, I can easily relate it to Disney in any way. Most of my friends think it's pathetic, and they get sick of hearing me talk about it.

I fall asleep listening to <a href="http://www.subsonicradio.com/">Subsonic Radio</a> every single night, weekday or weekend. The songs get stuck in my head as I fall asleep, and this is how I know practically every single song to every single park. I could easily tell you the narration to the TTA and I love singing "There's a great big, beautiful tomorrow..." over and over again.

I have ordered, bought, and read a ton of books on Walt Disney World, Disney, and Walt himself (my favorite being <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0786860278/sr=8-1/qid=1142477743/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-9366501-6981751?%5Fencoding=UTF8">Walt Disney: An American Original</a>, I highly recommend it, it's amazing). I look up to him as my role model and my hero.

I'm a sophmore in high school, but I'm actually graduating next year just so I can get to Disney faster. It's all been discussed with my parents and my school counselor, and I'm actually going to graduate a year early. I plan on going to the University of Central Florida and work on being a movie director, but the first thing I want to do when I get there is sign up for the Disney College Progam. Yes, I'll already be living in Orlando, but I still want to be a part of the College Program first. I learned about it four years ago and I have been researching it ever since. I've started to realize that if my plans as a director don't work out, then I probably won't even mind too much, because I could easily just be happy working at Disney for the rest of my life as a back-up plan.

And I love all of it.

So yes. You're obsessed. I'm obsessed. We're all obsessed. And contrary to what other people think, I don't believe that you need to have tons of posts at WDWMagic to be considered "Disney obsessed." We all love Disney in our own ways. It makes us happy, it keeps us young, it indefinitely gets rid of the problems in the world, and it always brings us together. That is why we have this amazing board, so we can all share our true love for Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom