Am i a bad person ?

Is it ok to save FP's for scrapbooking ?

• Yes, take the FP, it's a great little keepsake.

Votes: 130 83.3%
  • No, someone is missing out on a great ride because of this.

Votes: 26 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fosse76

But this is not true!

Nobody does not get to go on Soarin' because you didn't use that fastpass. All it means is that one person from the standby line will get to go in your place. It is not an issue at all. No need to feel guilty - on the contrary, instead of using it for yourself you just gave up your seat to somebody else! You made somebody happy in the process.

Ridiculous. It's not that black & white. Nothing is, and only ignorant people think anything is ever black & white. They may not be denied a ride, but they are being denied a FastPass. Say the OP gets a FP. Doesn't use it. That's one less FP. That means the person from the standby line who gets to ride faster is the person who wanted the FP who now had to wait in standby because someone wanted to keep a FP for a souvenir and there weren't any left for distribution.

Obviously, that's an extreme example, but for TSMM and at times Soarin', that can happen. Will one person make a difference? No. But it's one thing for someone to inadvertently or through no control of their own to miss the FP window. It's quite another to purposefully take a FP and not use it. If that became widespread enough, it would really cause problems for people who want FPs but can't get them.

Annielkd

Of course people take them and miss their window. It's a vacation. I have no problem with that at all. I'm sure I've done it as well. I have missed a chance on Soaring because there were no more fast passes. I also didn't know about the Guest Assistance Pass till this year. I've gone for 5 years without knowing about it. I'm sure there are other people who can not stand in line for 2 hours who don't know about it either. I think there are many ways to get a fast pass without taking one and not using it. I'm pretty sure you could ask the CM for one from earlier and he could give it to you. Or you could use the one that isn't valid. But, I don't think you should take one KNOWING you aren't going to use it from high use rides. It can and does make it so people are missing out. Yes, they could stand there for 2 hours, but they shouldn't have to. Ask to keep your ticket...especially since they have such a tight window... or ask for an earlier one.. it's more respectful to others.

captainkidd

He's saying that they should have gotten there sooner to get a FP, which I agree with.

Maybe they did. Maybe they were there at Christmas when all the parks are crowded and fastpasses run out early.

Just saying, it's not as black and white as saying "Get to the park at opening."

Choodles

Maybe they did. Maybe they were there at Christmas when all the parks are crowded and fastpasses run out early.

Just saying, it's not as black and white as saying "Get to the park at opening."

No but if you arrive at the parks late you should expect them to be gone. You do need to plan just a little bit whilt in WDW.

captainkidd

No but if you arrive at the parks late you should expect them to be gone. You do need to plan just a little bit whilt in WDW.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I personally, am always at the park before opening. However, I don't think someone who isn't should suffer because another person is using the system for something different than it was intended.

Think about how this would affect the new advance FP system. If people start booking their FP's months in advance just to put them in a scrapbook. Sorry - I don't think that's right. It's like booking an ADR with no intention of showing up and that table not being available to someone else looking for the same ADR.

Choodles

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. I personally, am always at the park before opening. However, I don't think someone who isn't should suffer because another person is using the system for something different than it was intended.

Think about how this would affect the new advance FP system. If people start booking their FP's months in advance just to put them in a scrapbook. Sorry - I don't think that's right. It's like booking an ADR with no intention of showing up and that table not being available to someone else looking for the same ADR.

And again it is not correct to say by doing this you are causing someone to not ride. You can always wait online like I said before. They can't give out FP's all day.

captainkidd

And again it is not correct to say by doing this you are causing someone to not ride. You can always wait online like I said before. They can't give out FP's all day.

And like I said before, maybe they can't. You're assuming they can get to the park at opening. Maybe they can't. Just because you and I can, doesn't mean others can. Besides, even if they get to the park at opening, who is to say they will go right for a FP attraction? Not everyone has the same knowledge and information as members of this board do. They might not know how popular a certain attraction is, decide to get a FP at 6:00, and they're gone. Then, instead of being able to come back and see the attraction at 8:00 with no wait, they have to stand in line for 2 hours.

Of course they can give out FP's all day. Or at least, until they run out. If people who have no intention of riding start getting FP's for scrapbooking, then they will run out.

Annielkd

I guess you are not listening. Some people CAN'T wait in line... and why should they so someone can get a keepsake. That's why they sell souveneers. If I go to the park in the afternoon, and other attractions still have a FP, but Soaring doesn't. I can't go on it. Yes, I have the option of waiting 2 hours... but, knowing someone took a ticket to put in a scrap book isn't fair. The tickets are for saving a spot in line. I know people sometimes have conflicting plans, and I get that. But, instead of taking something you KNOW you aren't going to use... ask a CM for an expired ticket and let someone else have a nice vacation bacause they don't have to stand in line. People shouldn't have to get up to use something that is DESIGNED to be used, not kept on hand. That's not the purpose.

draybook

We arrived at Epcot around 3pm or so on March 10th. We were beyond opening because my daughter cheered around 11am and the monorails were down when we got to the TTC center. of course all FP's were gone for Soarin and Test Track by then. My wife and daughter simply waited until IllumiNations to go ride them and they waited in the stand by lines.

They managed to survive and nobody lost any sleep. If people can't get to park opening or choose not to, then they run the risk of not being able to get a FP.

Annielkd

I'm not wanting to start an argument, just people opinions. I only get the chance to visit Disney World once every two years or so. I'll keep everything i get in my welcome pack plus KTTW card etc...

Is it rude for me to want to keep a FP from each attraction ? It's not like i'll be taking numerous Soarin' FP's and keeping them, just one from each attraction that i want to keep for scrapbooking. I understand that someone would be missing out due to me not using it for the ride but i'm sure that i'm not the only person who wants to do this. :shrug:

Obviously this post was designed to start an argument... because it's a pretty heated discussion.

Annielkd

We arrived at Epcot around 3pm or so on March 10th. We were beyond opening because my daughter cheered around 11am and the monorails were down when we got to the TTC center. of course all FP's were gone for Soarin and Test Track by then. My wife and daughter simply waited until IllumiNations to go ride them and they waited in the stand by lines.

They managed to survive and nobody lost any sleep. If people can't get to park opening or choose not to, then they run the risk of not being able to get a FP.

but knowing people are taking them for scrapbooking?????

Choodles

And like I said before, maybe they can't. You're assuming they can get to the park at opening. Maybe they can't. Just because you and I can, doesn't mean others can. Besides, even if they get to the park at opening, who is to say they will go right for a FP attraction? Not everyone has the same knowledge and information as members of this board do. They might not know how popular a certain attraction is, decide to get a FP at 6:00, and they're gone. Then, instead of being able to come back and see the attraction at 8:00 with no wait, they have to stand in line for 2 hours.

Of course they can give out FP's all day. Or at least, until they run out. If people who have no intention of riding start getting FP's for scrapbooking, then they will run out.

If the park closes at 10 and they get online at 950 they can still ride so I am not sure I see your point?

captainkidd

If the park closes at 10 and they get online at 950 they can still ride so I am not sure I see your point?

If they get in line at 9:50, then FP will be closed anyway. If that's their choice to stand in line, so be it. That's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about someone wanting to use the FP instead of not standing in a line for 2 hours, and not being able to because there are none left.

captainkidd

That was their choice to do so. Some people in the same (or similar) situations prefer not to stand in line. If they arrived at 3:00 and there were no FP's because they had been taken up by people planning to ride, well, them's the breaks. But if they're gone because a bunch of people decided to get them to use as souveniers, that's a different story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom